You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Worst Transfer Sagas in recent years

WhiskeyJar

The birth of twitter. I mean the Internet made the transfer window shit but then everyone found a fucking voice with twitter, its the ultimate Chinese whispers and I hope every fucker who uses it eyes fall out or at least those who use it to transfer gossip. Even aspas was a fucking saga, a player from a near relegated club who few else where interested in became a fucking saga. Fuck twitter.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember one being as bad as this for transfers in general, I desperately want it to end.

Gerrard was much worse for me, as I was desperate for him to stay.

Not arsed if Suarez goes or stays as long as we get the right fee and he doesn't go to another English side.

In terms of actual sagas, the whole Aquilani circus pissed me off. It went on for years and we had to put up with everyone trying to bluff their way out of the situation - successive managers talking him up, agents blabbing, the charade of pre-season and the crushing inevitability of the final outcome.

I can remember the Torres leaving or the first Chelsea bid for him and being on here. Don't think anybody was convinced he was going to go there .That is till Dave said that he will go as the club has made public the Chelsea bid and when that happens the player always leaves.

By the time people came to realise he was off he had already gone. Four days from first bid to there he goes the lying twofaced broken Spanish speaking turd.

Sahin is a good shout, what a waste of fucking time for everbody that was.

For me the Suarez situation now has already gone way past anything previous, i stopped reading any Suarez story a month ago, just can't be fucked with it, hes a dick but im praying he stays at the end of it all.

For other clubs the Fabregas to Barca thing every summer for 5 years was tedious bullshit.

Buying a load of crap during the summer of 2002, not to mention coming close to signing Lee Bowyer.

I was one of those letter-writing types. I wrote a letter to Houllier saying that if we signed that thug Bowyer I'd be returning my season ticket.

I would have done, too.

Anyway, it's 100% thanks to me that we didn't sign him.

I also did the same when we were looking at Queresma.

It's all just a tedious charade these days, made worse by rolling news media and social media allowing any brainless fuckwit give their two-pence worth. What doesn't help is the needlessly convoluted way in which the players and clubs go about things. They are just as bad as each other, allowing themselves to be dictated to by agents only interested in making money. The amount of money wasted on agent fees is a fair indication of just how bad things are. Also, certain phrases get repeated all the time, such as players talking about 'dream moves' and 'wanting to play at the highest level', only to then fuck off to Anzhi in Russia where each week they'll earn the equivalent of a mid-sized African nation's GDP. Also overused is the phrase 'you never know what might happen in the future', which merely heightens speculation. If you want to stay, just say so and leave it at that. There's no need to add any provisos or imply that you see your future elsewhere.

Le gems was another shite one. Didnt we sign them and then loan the back to le harve for a year. A year of speculation, people claiming they were going to make us rule the world, how superb they were, how superb houllier was for snapping them up and in the end they were just a bit shite.

Le gems was another shite one. Didnt we sign them and then loan the back to le harve for a year. A year of speculation, people claiming they were going to make us rule the world, how superb they were, how superb houllier was for snapping them up and in the end they were just a bit shite.

Le Tallec did actually look at first to be the far more naturally talented but I think he had a bit of a dodgy attitude preventing him from ever getting anywhere.

Sinama was a strange one, not as naturally talented but did a far better job for us and did look like he could've done a job for us as a squad player, would've been much more useful than bringing Voronin and the likes in etc and did well at Recreativo but not much seems to have worked for him since either

• 3 weeks later...