You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Iago Aspas is a genuinely good player.  Not a great one, but actually good.

You would never have thought so from watching him play under Brendan Rodgers, and I would have laughed you out of the room if you had said I'd change my mind on him, but it's true.  He has 25 goals since the start of last season.

Makes me wonder about some of the other committee signings that looked rubbish under our previous manager.  Certainly you'd never have thought Firmino was capable of being among the best players in the league under him.

• Upvote 2

Iago Aspas is a genuinely good player.  Not a great one, but actually good.

You would never have thought so from watching him play under Brendan Rodgers, and I would have laughed you out of the room if you had said I'd change my mind on him, but it's true.  He has 25 goals since the start of last season.

Makes me wonder about some of the other committee signings that looked rubbish under our previous manager.  Certainly you'd never have thought Firmino was capable of being among the best players in the league under him.

Firmino played about 230 league minutes under Rodgers, don't think that's a good example

So, Iago, it all comes down to your final question for one point. Get this one right and you win an English League Championship medal. Get it wrong and you are out...

Here is your question...

It is the last minute of a home game that you are losing 0-1 and you have won a corner. Do you :

(a). Loft into the middle of the box where all your teammates are waiting or

(b). pass it straight to the nearest opposing player safe in the knowledge that he has a free run at your goal?

• 5 months later...

Always, always like this lad and never doubted his ability. He's a set piece genius. The guy is destined to play in a major European final, if you ask me.

Didn't he play in one for Sevilla? Or is that a false memory?

Definitely deserves (another) one, though...