You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest San Don

Are people really falling for the shit the daily manc throws at the club about this transfer? Emails they 'have seen'? Oh aye. that's it defo then.

Guest San Don

Celta Vigo who, according to the daily manc are 'furious' with LFC have actually said "'The club would like to express their sincere thanks to the player for his unparalleled commitment and dedication and courage with which he defended the blue shirt from his childhood as Iago joined Celta when he was eight years old,' said a statement on celtavigo.net.

'His performance and contributions have been extraordinary and Iago is already part of the history of this club, an entity he carries in his heart from a very young age.

'The club wishes him great success in his new career in the Premier League.'

Yep, they are deffo 'furious' with Liverpool FC.

Just put up on the summer transfer thread that its the Spanish Football Federation that are the pissed of party rather than Celta Vigo and its Ayre the Mong continuing to deal with the bogus agents when he knew there were primary agents to deal with.

If true he can't stay in post much longer surely?

This thread has turned into a farce.

Ayre comes across to me as a fairly inept character, but I have to admit that I have virtually no real knowledge of what he does or how good he is at it. As the public is privy to almost nothing about what actually goes on behind the scenes, we really can't say much about him one way or the other. He might be at fault here, he might not.

Making comments slagging him off or even "if true then ..." is just a joke. We have no way of knowing what happened, and from all accounts it seems a complex situation with regards to Aspas' representation. If it comes out that he was indeed negotiating with the wrong parties and should have known that, well, then you can say what you like. For me, it will take more than "according to emails seen by MirrorSport" to really have an opinion one way or the other.

Iago Aspas does not want to be viewed as a replacement for Luis Suarez at Liverpool ahead of his expected arrival at Anfield.

The Celta Viga striker is set to complete a £7million move to the Premier League next week after a deal was agreed in principle.

It has been suggested Aspas will have to fill part of the void left by Liverpool superstar Suarez, who wants to quit the club after becoming unhappy in England.

But Aspas is quoted as saying in the Daily Mirror: "Liverpool are one of the biggest clubs in the world and I am going there to take an important step in my career, not to be a replacement for anyone.

"I think it is time for me to take the next step in my career and Liverpool can help me do that. I have confidence in my ability to move forward and to grow as a player.

"I described the move as emotional for me because it is such a big club and it means I've reached another level.

"But I am calm because I feel I am ready. I want to show that I am capable of playing at the level of this huge club.

"I am excited to be going to England. I want to play in the Premier League. And I hope I will be helped to settle there by all the Spanish speakers at the club, including Luis Suarez."

Transfer news: Iago Aspas not out to replace Luis Suarez at Liverpool | Liverpool News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

If we keep Luis then I expect us to top the disciplinary chart end next season. If you think Luis gets booked a lot , which he does. This guy makes him look like angelic.

Pretty sure he got about 3 red cards last season and was banned for four games for headbutting a player to. He can be a bit reckless sometimes and by that I mean think Stevie in his younger days and tackling.

If he plays the same way for us , he is going to be the new terrace hero. He is 100% every game and gives his all (hence his disciplinary record) .

The only faults if you can call them that is he is sometimes reluctant to take a guy on when he is on the wing. I don't know why he does it but he tends to pass backwards a lot when faced with a one on one. Seems to be only when he is out wide he does it.

He will need to try and watch himself on the pitch wit h his tackling , although I get a feeling if he done that it might take a big part of his game away.

When you think how cheap he is and how many goals he scored , it dosent make sense that another Spanish club wont pay that little for him.

What's wrong with having a few hotheads? We had a tendency to be a bit too nice. If this lad is a bit of a nasty bastard, that's exactly what we need. We need a few warriors. We've only really got Gerrard and Suarez since Jamie Carragher retired.

One of the reasons I admire Jonjo Shelvey is his character. His barney with Baconface last season took alot of guts. He was right too. Maybe just maybe he could become a warrior.

What's wrong with having a few hotheads? We had a tendency to be a bit too nice. If this lad is a bit of a nasty bastard, that's exactly what we need. We need a few warriors. We've only really got Gerrard and Suarez since Jamie Carragher retired.

One of the reasons I admire Jonjo Shelvey is his character. His barney with Baconface last season took alot of guts. He was right too. Maybe just maybe he could become a warrior.

I agree completely not just because i want to see fight and the will to win but i believe a dominant personality can beat oppositions players and intimidate them. We need to bully alongside finesse and i totally believe the difference between winners and also rans doesn't fall down to ability its mental. Obvously you need ability but at the top level its a fine line and its attitude that can push you across it.

I don't like these kind of signings as they usually end up fucking up.

A player who has had one good season in top division side playing week in week out, especially if he us our answer to the wing.

We need another player as good as coutinho and this guy is a risk, hes 25 26 where has he been all these years before?

The phrase he a foreign Bellamy sends shivers down my spine as well because this us what everyone was saying about jovanivic the summer we signed him.

Right thread. Win.

I wish him good luck. I hope he turns out to be quality.

Nonetheless, the hype surrounding this transfer is entertaining.

He is 25 and he played one season in Primera Division and the rest of his career was spent in lower divisions. He has no appearances for the Spanish national teams at any age or level. He looks ace in the videos, like everybody else I suppose.

He is replacing Suarez? are you having a laugh?

Player s who have that sort of warrior attitude learn how to control the reckless side with experience. Gerrard did and even Luis can to. The problem with Luis is even though you wont see him get red carded much, he will pick up the yellows and when he does lose it he seems to do something really stupid.

This guy though is at a age he should of learned to control himself , but he cant . Maybe because of the way he plays as in gives all also has a downside of he is easy to wind up.

Would put his signing as more of a risk than Suarez if based on there discipline before coming here given there ages. Suarez came at a big price compared to this guy so maybe that is why we think he is worth the risk , as he is a really rough diamond but with little chance of changing his style , but has the ability to change games with the odd bit of genius a bit like Garcia could.

Right thread. Win.

I wish him good luck. I hope he turns out to be quality.

Nonetheless, the hype surrounding this transfer is entertaining.

He is 25 and he played one season in Primera Division and the rest of his career was spent in lower divisions. He has no appearances for the Spanish national teams at any age or level. He looks ace in the videos, like everybody else I suppose.

He is replacing Suarez? are you having a laugh?

That is very true about him playing only one season in top flight football . A bit like the Carroll situation. I don't believe he is to replace Luis if he leaves either. He might be used in the same role as him though ,while he serves out his ban. When Luis is back I would expect him to be tried more on the wing or depending how he does up till then , or even as bench player to bring on to try to change a game.

Celta Vigo thank Liverpool-bound Iago Aspas - Sports Mole

iago-aspas_1.jpg

Celta Vigo thank Liverpool-bound Iago Aspas

By Paul Gorst, Reporter

Filed: Sunday, June 16, 2013 at 12:16 UK

Last Updated: Sunday, June 16, 2013 at 12:32 UK

Celta Vigo have thanked Liverpool-bound striker Iago Aspas for his "unparalleled commitment" that he gave during his time at the club.

Despite reports suggesting that the moved had been blocked by the Spanish Football Federation, the Reds still expect Aspas to become a Liverpool player and Celta issued a statement to praise the outgoing forward for his efforts.

"The club would like to express their sincere thanks to the player for his unparalleled commitment and dedication and courage with which he defended the blue shirt from his childhood as Iago joined Celta when he was eight years old," read the statement on celtavigo.net.

"His performance and contributions have been extraordinary and Iago is already part of the history of this club, an entity he carries in his heart from a very young age.

"The club wishes him great success in his new career in the Premier League."

Aspas will join for a reported fee of around £7.7m.

He's been brought in as a quality squad player, not an automatic starter. If he's good enough to force himself into the team then all the better, but it's ridiculous to suggest that he is viewed as a replacement for Suarez.

I think, if we sold him for big money and replaced him with two or three other squad players, we could become a better team.

In fact, I would drive him to the airport. Nobody is bigger than the club.

He's not even got here yet Kevin, give him a chance.

This is the kind of signing I'd expect a mid table Premiership club to make...oh I see...

Hopefully he turns out to be an inspired addition though and will help us fight our way into 4th position or higher. I don't have any great expectations, but I trust the manager and the scouting team to have done their homework and be confident that he is the right choice to help take our club back up to where it should be.