You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The English media and Suarez

WhiskeyJar

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

sexy-gifs-hot-gifs-o.gif

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

sexy_gif_saturday_04319.gif

iK3k28Vj1DH4C.gif

53962-mila-kunis-just-sex-gif-kGAC.gif

repped

If you read back through some of the comments in this thread you'll see people who are pissed off about the media and the way they treat Suarez saying the very same.

Of course hes brought much of it on himself. But theres also no denying before the Evra thing he was getting slaughtered and even after that for months before the biting incident he was getting slaughtered week in week out. We had commentators calling him a cheat on live tv for fuck sake when wankstains like Bale are going down as if shot by snipers on a weekly basis.

Reality is Suarez has taken barrel loads of shit that others wouldn't get. Hes been a fucking grade A twat at times and I've said it as much. Hes brought a lot on himself.

But I'm not drinking the "theres no witchhunt" koolaid. Its bollox. There has been.

I'm sure we all passed judgment on Ronaldo when he fell over like a little girl at times when he played for United.

Diving doesnt bother me so much, everyone does it, even Gerrard has done it.

So i agree in terms of the media slaughtering Suarez for it was over the top, and like you say bale does it and doesnt get hardly anything said.

But we are Liverpool, a team who won everything for nearly 2 decades, before the media had the control it has today.

The refs, writers and pundits today all grew up hating Liverpool because we won all the time. Bad thing for us is all these pricks grew up and got jobs working for the media so know they can display their hatred in "articles" and "punditry"

We will continue to get slaughtered for loads of things for the reasons above

But this is so obvious and its been happening for 20 odd years now, it's no surprise and we need to expect it and deal with it better.

Players should be briefed on the media coo against us, and be told from day one what will happen if they step out of line.... it will be blown out of proportion on TV and newspapers.

Suarez is a brilliant individual player but i laugh when people think he cant be replaced. I also don't think he will score 30+ goals next year, and i also dont think he will go to spain and do half as well. Can you imagine him and Ronaldo getting along? They are both as greedy as each other.....it would be an epic fail.

We dont need the controversy and we do need the money, i trust Brenden Rodgers to spend that money more than any other Liverpool manager in years.

Thats why he should be sold

Dont you even wann ask how much is being offered? No. Oh ok then.

Oh yea, well 50+ million. Bale going for some stupid sum "should" help us get 50 or 60 million. We can use it as a yard stick for the fee required.

I'm sure we all passed judgment on Ronaldo when he fell over like a little girl at times when he played for United.

Diving doesnt bother me so much, everyone does it, even Gerrard has done it.

So i agree in terms of the media slaughtering Suarez for it was over the top, and like you say bale does it and doesnt get hardly anything said.

But we are Liverpool, a team who won everything for nearly 2 decades, before the media had the control it has today.

The refs, writers and pundits today all grew up hating Liverpool because we won all the time. Bad thing for us is all these pricks grew up and got jobs working for the media so know they can display their hatred in "articles" and "punditry"

We will continue to get slaughtered for loads of things for the reasons above

But this is so obvious and its been happening for 20 odd years now, it's no surprise and we need to expect it and deal with it better.

Players should be briefed on the media coo against us, and be told from day one what will happen if they step out of line.... it will be blown out of proportion on TV and newspapers.

Suarez is a brilliant individual player but i laugh when people think he cant be replaced. I also don't think he will score 30+ goals next year, and i also dont think he will go to spain and do half as well. Can you imagine him and Ronaldo getting along? They are both as greedy as each other.....it would be an epic fail.

We dont need the controversy and we do need the money, i trust Brenden Rodgers to spend that money more than any other Liverpool manager in years.

Thats why he should be sold

Yeah but in the real world our transfers are made via a committee of which Ian Ayre is a member.

If it'll annoy you we should not sell him for any amount.

Suggesting that getting rid of Suarez because we don't need the controversy is naive in the extreme because it assumes that there will cease to be any controversy surrounding the club once he departs. Also, anybody so concerned about any negative publicity surrounding the club that they would prefer a team full of choirboys really ought not to be shocked when said team then gets trounced on the pitch and the club continues to get negative press off of it.

We should keep Suarez at all costs.

How long did the Xabi thing drag on for with Madrid and then the pantomime over Macherano's move to Barca. I want to keep Suarez if at all possible but its promising to be another slow and painful transfer saga whilst Madrid test our resolve to keep him. The club will probably end up caving in. It seems the way of the world these days. You just start to question our abilty to hang on to any truly world class player we may uncover n the future.

Yeah but in the real world our transfers are made via a committee of which Ian Ayre is a member.

If it'll annoy you we should not sell him for any amount.

This is a big problem

I dont rate anything Ian Ayre has done and im amazed he is still at the club. When they got rid of Kenny and Commoli Ayre should have gone aswell.

Rodgers seems to know how to do business, he refused to pay Siggurdsson more money and i just hope he is pulling the strings in regards to how Ian Ayre is conducting a deal.

We seem to have smartened up a lot in the 12 months Rodgers has been here in regards to the amounts we pay and wages we give, and i think this is largely down to the new manager.

Suggesting that getting rid of Suarez because we don't need the controversy is naive in the extreme because it assumes that there will cease to be any controversy surrounding the club once he departs. Also, anybody so concerned about any negative publicity surrounding the club that they would prefer a team full of choirboys really ought not to be shocked when said team then gets trounced on the pitch and the club continues to get negative press off of it.

I didn't suggest that, i have been saying for months he should be sold. Even before the biting incident, he is too much of an individual and its not what we need for what we are trying to build.

We have over relied on 1 or 2 brilliant players for a decade now (Gerrard, Torres, Suarez) and its got us nowhere. If we want to move forward we need a team ethic

Suarez does his own thing and often ignores his own players, too often for me.

Great individual, 2nd only to Ronaldo in that category, but 50+ million and the chance for a better TEAM is far to tempting and gives us a better chance of success for years to come.

Rodgers said it himself at the time. He knew what the player was on as he had him at Swansea. We offered to double it or something, and then Spurs offered him stupid money. Rodgers said he wasn't worth it.

Yea he said something along the lnes of "i know the players worth"

He also added he only wanted players who were hungry to accept the challenge of playing for a huge club like Liverpool and not be so focused on the financial side of it.

This is what we have been crying out for in regards to the way we handle transfers for years.

For too long we have chased a player and said "we will pay you what you want to play for us"

Rather than "you want to play for LIVERPOOL? Then this is all your getting"

If players dont want to accept the challenge of taking one of the worlds biggest clubs back to the top after not winning the league for 20+ years.....fuck them

Rodgers is a very smart guy, he has fixed so much in 12 months, he has my backing for however many years it takes him.

The man understands so much others have missed for 2 decades.

Yea he said something along the lnes of "i know the players worth"

He also added he only wanted players who were hungry to accept the challenge of playing for a huge club like Liverpool and not be so focused on the financial side of it.

This is what we have been crying out for in regards to the way we handle transfers for years.

For too long we have chased a player and said "we will pay you what you want to play for us"

Rather than "you want to play for LIVERPOOL? Then this is all your getting"

If players dont want to accept the challenge of taking one of the worlds biggest clubs back to the top after not winning the league for 20+ years.....fuck them

Rodgers is a very smart guy, he has fixed so much in 12 months, he has my backing for however many years it takes him.

The man understands so much others have missed for 2 decades.

I think that praise is going a bit too far. None of us knows what Rodgers understands. He's had two seasons in the prem, one with us, and two transfer windows. His success rate at transfers is 50/50. But is that down to the committee or him? He's handled Suarez pretty well and looks like he's media savvy. He got the team in scoring mode and managed to handle the big personalities. But what's he like under the pressure of a second season when we're all expecting more? Let's just see what he does next season and then perhaps a few will be able to trust him and what he can do with managing a club like this. But not just yet.

I think that praise is going a bit too far. None of us knows what Rodgers understands. He's had two seasons in the prem, one with us, and two transfer windows. His success rate at transfers is 50/50. But is that down to the committee or him? He's handled Suarez pretty well and looks like he's media savvy. He got the team in scoring mode and managed to handle the big personalities. But what's he like under the pressure of a second season when we're all expecting more? Let's just see what he does next season and then perhaps a few will be able to trust him and what he can do with managing a club like this. But not just yet.

Or you could look at it from the point of view that he has been at one of the biggest, underachieving clubs, in the world for 12 months

Every manager has failures in the transfer market, even fergie and mourinho...it still didnt stop them achieving though.

I know what Rodgers understands, he understands football and the way it needs to be played to achieve success.....attack, score goals, put teams under pressure BUT with a game plan.

Doesnt matter how long he has had our what his experience is....that is no barometer to judge the man. You do that before you appoint him, not once he is here.

He has done a fantastic job in 12 months, why people don't see that is beyond me.

He played youngsters galore, gave senior pro's a kick up the arse, got rid of dead wood, transformed us from headless chickens (at times) to a team that can attack but not be woefully exposed should the attack break down. He got under performing players to perform much better and has given us balance all over the pitch.

We have been the biggest joke in the transfer market for 15+ years, he sorted that out too. Wage bill down, players hungry, scoring goals, adding quality, players with a first touch....

The list goes on

He will win us this league and the progress he is making towards it is there for you to see

Just look beyond what the papers and people on this forum say

Give him cash and he will build a truly brilliant squad and our club will be back up there again.

Difference with Rodgers is if he gets it right, it will last.....it wont be a one season wonder.

Rodgers has shown fuck all really. We were shit last season. Better in the second half and 2 good buys in January gives him another season but let's not pretend he hasn't got everything to prove.

As long as we can stop pretending he's shown fuck all.

Rodgers has shown fuck all really. We were shit last season. Better in the second half and 2 good buys in January gives him another season but let's not pretend he hasn't got everything to prove.

Shit last season?

In what way?

How can you not see me made huge progress in many departments, on and off the pitch?

If your argument is "we finished 7th and got knocked out of the cups"

Save it

Or you could look at it from the point of view that he has been at one of the biggest, underachieving clubs, in the world for 12 months

Every manager has failures in the transfer market, even fergie and mourinho...it still didnt stop them achieving though.

I know what Rodgers understands, he understands football and the way it needs to be played to achieve success.....attack, score goals, put teams under pressure BUT with a game plan.

Doesnt matter how long he has had our what his experience is....that is no barometer to judge the man. You do that before you appoint him, not once he is here.

He has done a fantastic job in 12 months, why people don't see that is beyond me.

He played youngsters galore, gave senior pro's a kick up the arse, got rid of dead wood, transformed us from headless chickens (at times) to a team that can attack but not be woefully exposed should the attack break down. He got under performing players to perform much better and has given us balance all over the pitch.

We have been the biggest joke in the transfer market for 15+ years, he sorted that out too. Wage bill down, players hungry, scoring goals, adding quality, players with a first touch....

The list goes on

He will win us this league and the progress he is making towards it is there for you to see

Just look beyond what the papers and people on this forum say

Give him cash and he will build a truly brilliant squad and our club will be back up there again.

Difference with Rodgers is if he gets it right, it will last.....it wont be a one season wonder.

He lacks experience in areas such as how to close out a match when we're ahead or when we have momentum (the Zenit match, for instance). Of his European experience he has none and defensively he has shown to be lacking. On the other hand, the goals scored is promising and he has give youth a chance. We still don't know if he can build a squad capable of challenging. It's too early to make that assumption based on what I've seen in one season. But I'm sure we're all hoping he does. Well most of us. There are those who are stoutly against the manager, and those who are appearing to follow him blindly. Some of us are in neither camp.

So I think we can make an assessment about him in his 12 months here. But to assume that people on this site based their opinions solely on what we've read in a newspapers or swayed by popular forum opinion, suggests that no-one is capable of having an opinion of him. That is being disingenuous.