You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rodgers Out

Red22

I think the 'last straw' was long before Stoke away. The call for his head has just gathered momentum now. I don't understand why some are wanting him out halfway through the season. That just looks bonkers.

So is the call for his head continuing to gather momentum? Surely the campaign is just as it strong tonight as it was when we lost to Stoke? Because if it wasn't that would almost look like football fans throwing their dummies out the pram when have a bad result.

Couple more performances like that and he might even start winning over the likes of Code72 and dicko.

Again, I have no problem with Rodgers but I have a massive problem with his so called preferred football and its no wonder to me that we start to see better football when we are more direct like we have been the last two games.

The fact the opposition have been dire obviously also helps.

I said earlier I will try and see if I can find some stats about how many passes we have had in the team for the different goals we have scored just to prove this point further.

If Rodgers can tune/adjust his approach I'm sure he can get results as the players we have are top 4 material and can beat everyone on the day.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Couple more performances like that and he might even start winning over the likes of Code72 and dicko.

Rafa made us the best ranked team in Europe, beating the likes of Barca, Real, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Juventus, and Chelsea along the way, but Code still hates him.

Where can I go to see the trophy, I guess its huge?

Well, the one the fella won for us in 2005 is in the museum if you ever fancy having a gander at that.

If you'd like to see that big load of fuck all you consider the better achievement which Hodgson won for Fulham during their European run in 2010, then I'd take a trip to Craven Cottage if I was you.

Again, I have no problem with Rodgers but I have a massive problem with his so called preferred football and its no wonder to me that we start to see better football when we are more direct like we have been the last two games.

The fact the opposition have been dire obviously also helps.

I said earlier I will try and see if I can find some stats about how many passes we have had in the team for the different goals we have scored just to prove this point further.

If Rodgers can tune/adjust his approach I'm sure he can get results as the players we have are top 4 material and can beat everyone on the day.

I think what you saw tonight, against QPR and against Fulham is almost exactly how Rodgers wants us to play his so called preferred football. As opposed to being blunt and naïve, which is how you seem to think he aims to set us out to play.

I was surprised how much room Sunderland allowed at the back.

The pattern for teams like that is usually "line up the bus, try to keep them outside, and then sneak a goal on the counter".

I don't know if the direct ball would work too well against teams that do that. It worked well today as there was room for it to work.

So perhaps a good adjustment to circumstances, by the players, by Rodgers, or both?

So is the call for his head continuing to gather momentum? Surely the campaign is just as it strong tonight as it was when we lost to Stoke? Because if it wasn't that would almost look like football fans throwing their dummies out the pram when have a bad result.

The daggers will be out in full force after our next win...