You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PES 2013

chauncey

Can see this is just gonna be me and the tumbleweed but...

have been buying FIFA ever since the shocker that was PES 2009 but I always pick it up when the price drops so end up owning both by the season's end - last year's showed definite signs of a franchise being dragged from its knees and the new demo convinced me to go for PES first this time and it's superb (if you can overlook the jarg names *rolls eyes*).

You can download custom option files to fix that shit but it's the AI which makes the game - and this is the most realistic I've experienced on a footy sim. The improvement in this regard is impressive and you can tell as much even from the demo.

Online has ALWAYS been cack on PES but Konami have made small but significant changes to the Courtesy Level system, so you're not punished for cunts disconnecting. Also, I haven't experienced lag once since playing and I bought it on release.

So, anycunt still play Pro?

Always been a pro evo man, fucking loved it bought every single one and have been devastated at the last couple.

This one is near perfection,i thought the game was finished but how they managed to make this one in comparison to the last years is amazing

As the OP says the AI is outstanding I have even spent hours playing the Become A Legend mode and it is as near perfection as football games get.

Look into downloading patches as i have it setup where i nearly have every kit, name and badge even have 75% of the German league spot on tho got a mate to do it as i dont have a clue think he bought a memory stick of ebay with everything pre loaded.

Best football game i have played in years, although you do have to spend a bit of time fixing it up.

Always been a pro evo man, fucking loved it bought every single one and have been devastated at the last couple.

This one is near perfection,i thought the game was finished but how they managed to make this one in comparison to the last years is amazing

As the OP says the AI is outstanding I have even spent hours playing the Become A Legend mode and it is as near perfection as football games get.

Look into downloading patches as i have it setup where i nearly have every kit, name and badge even have 75% of the German league spot on tho got a mate to do it as i dont have a clue think he bought a memory stick of ebay with everything pre loaded.

Best football game i have played in years, although you do have to spend a bit of time fixing it up.

Last year's iteration frustrated me because the germs of a great footy sim were there it was just suffering from some of the same flaws which ruined every Pro Evo since 2008.

With this one it looks as though Konami decided to stop chasing EA's tail and have slowed the default gameplay a lot, and have really nailed it. Never saw the point in PES trying to ape FIFA because one casual pick-up-and-play footy game is enough, never mind the fact all recent efforts have been terrible: videogames (of any genre) don't come much more broken than PES 2009.

Due to weight of numbers, FIFA will always be king for its online play but nothing beats a long Master League career.

Last year's iteration frustrated me because the germs of a great footy sim were there it was just suffering from some of the same flaws which ruined every Pro Evo since 2008.

With this one it looks as though Konami decided to stop chasing EA's tail and have slowed the default gameplay a lot' date=' and have really nailed it. Never saw the point in PES trying to ape FIFA because one casual pick-up-and-play footy game is enough, never mind the fact all recent efforts have been terrible: videogames (of any genre) don't come much more broken than PES 2009.

Due to weight of numbers, FIFA will always be king for its online play but nothing beats a long Master League career.[/quote']

Spot on tho I thought last years was the worst in a while,rumours are that they never got to finish it properly due to that Tsunami in Japan though it could be a load of balls.

Even the keepers in this years one are class,they aren't custom and seem more free,they pull off some brilliant saves.

The become a legend is brilliant.play up front with Hulk after Porto signed me 3 seasons in,the link up play is brilliant I thought you'd just be ball greedy but the smart AI encourages you to pass as you know you'll get a brilliant through ball or back heel return.Some of the goals you can score are class and its still pretty difficult.

1v1 with a mate is brilliant never follows a similar pattern either which I find a lot with FIFA.

Did anyone who bought it and love it play the demo beforehand? I wasn't too impressed by the demo, I'd given up on PES. Since 09 I threatened not to buy it every year, but got it on release day. This year I've not bothered but I'm really, really tempted now.

Did anyone who bought it and love it play the demo beforehand? I wasn't too impressed by the demo, I'd given up on PES. Since 09 I threatened not to buy it every year, but got it on release day. This year I've not bothered but I'm really, really tempted now.

I've not bought it but I have played it. And I loved the demo, as I love the full game.

I got hold of "copy" to try before I buy, and I am still not convinced it is any different than pevious years gone by.

However I am enjoying playing it more than those.

Haven't plaed i online which is what i would mostly be doing it for as this "copy" I "lent" won't allow me to. So what's the opinon of it's online capabilities?

I got hold of "copy" to try before I buy, and I am still not convinced it is any different than pevious years gone by.

However I am enjoying playing it more than those.

Haven't plaed i online which is what i would mostly be doing it for as this "copy" I "lent" won't allow me to. So what's the opinon of it's online capabilities?

It's a marked improvement on last year's (barring a fuck-up a couple of weeks back with the Online Master League results) but if you can't discern any difference between PES 2012 and this one then sticking with FIFA is your best bet, especially if online play is your thing.

got this as well as Fifa on saturday, first Pro Evo I've bought since 2010, enjoy that gameplay but its a bit of a shocker that it isn't even up to date for the Allen transfers etc but I assume that can be rectified, played Fifa a lot more so far but will be having a dabble on pro evo online tonight I think