You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair to say Downing has been dropped from the squad due to his comments about Rodgers in the media?

As I don't think even Brendan would think that Joe Cole is better than him?

He didn't say much wrong did he? Just "Manager's entitled to his opinion and he'd fight for a place"

Not the way i remember it, thought we dominated that game through out, but as per usual we couldnt turn our dominance into goals. Stoke had the grand total of 3 shots or something like that.

Anyway agree about Stoke, probably the team i hate playing more than any other, not because they are difficult to beat, but the sheer fucking agony of watching them time waste, play for set pieces, watching that cunt Delap take two minutes to wipe the fucking ball and walk across the entire pitch to take a throw in wherever it is at.

Speaking of which, is there a reason we don't have multiball? All teams have to do at Anfield to timewaste is twat it up the touchline, and it takes a fucking age to come back.

Yeah, or he has taken exception of the fact that he is absolute shit and has been the entire time he has been here.

But to replace him with Joe Cole? I don't think this is simply performance related, otherwise he wouldn't have played in any of our recent Europa League matches, or the League Cup match vs WBA.

Fair to say Downing has been dropped from the squad due to his comments about Rodgers in the media?

As I don't think even Brendan would think that Joe Cole is better than him?

What quotes?

Surprised to say the least as Downing probably had is best game for us on Thursday (I know that isn't saying much like...)

But to replace him with Joe Cole? I don't think this is simply performance related, otherwise he wouldn't have played in any of our recent Europa League matches, or the League Cup match vs WBA.

Off the bench I would say Cole could offer more - certainly more of a goal threat either creating or finishing. The fact he only needs to go 20 or 30 minutes at most as well.

the stick Joe Cole gets on this site is ridiculous, give him a chance to show what he can do under a proper manager, don't judge him on his performances for fucking Roy Hodgson

He will never be able to play 90 minutes under Rodgers. At most he can be an impact sub - still needs to prove that.

What quotes?

Surprised to say the least as Downing probably had is best game for us on Thursday (I know that isn't saying much like...)

In the build-up to a couple of the goals, he lost his marker. So while he did OK in attack, he may be getting stick for that.