You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wimbledon 2012

Mendoza

Fucking love Fed myself. Just really enjoy watching him play. I'm not sure how easy it is to call one player the best ever as there's quite a few outstanding candidates but he's my personal favourite. At his peak just beautiful to watch.

Edited by KMD7
typo

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking love Fed myself. Just really enjoy watching him play. I'm not sure how easy it is to call one player the best ever as there's quite a few outstanding candidates but he's my personal favourite. At his peak just beautiful to watch.

Got to agree with this.

The Tennis Channel in the States did a top 100 of all time (men and women) and Federer came top.

Got to agree with this.

The Tennis Channel in the States did a top 100 of all time (men and women) and Federer came top.

Yeah saw that alright. I feel priviliged to have seen him and Nadal and Novak play as I was to have seen Borg and McEnroe back in the day. Not sure if Murray will ever win a major to be honest given what's in front of him. I quite like him though and if he can manage to break through and win 1 then the sky's the limit for him.

I know it's an impossible and cliched thing to do but I'd would have loved to see Federer against Sampras when both in their pomp. Fed only really emerged after the power serve/volley era in which Sampras was king.

I do like Murray though and its true he's unfortunate to have 3 monster players ahead of him. Just needs to hang in there as Fed is on the wane.

Oprah Winfrey is playing some cute Chinese bird.

I find it incredibly frustrating how Serena Williams does so well.

It just seems to be sheer physical bulk and power that gets her through. She doesn't even look athletic in games, just lumbers about between points and breathing heavily after a modest rally. Some of her footwork and the shape she was getting into at the end of that match was awful. As I say it was brute force that covers these aspects.

I find it incredibly frustrating how Serena Williams does so well.

It just seems to be sheer physical bulk and power that gets her through. She doesn't even look athletic in games, just lumbers about between points and breathing heavily after a modest rally. Some of her footwork and the shape she was getting into at the end of that match was awful. As I say it was brute force that covers these aspects.

Saw the start of this match and I could have sworn the baselines still had grass! Williams does look extremely cumbersome and, without wishing to stereotype, could do with laying off the chicken and waffles.