You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AVB was woefully out of his depth at chelsea. He took one of the most well organised sides defensively in the league and turned them in to a total shambles. Did you see their game at home to arsenal? He spent shitloads and fucked it up. The icing on the cake is that he was tactically outclassed by kenny both times they met. If this man takes over I will not be happy. Oh and guess what, Porto were miles clear at the top of their league this season, losing once They win the league no matter who is in charge. Why not give the job to whoever is managing them now?

So you ignore his previous work then?

Chelsea is, and always has been a poisoned chalice, you argue that he took one of the most well organised teams and turned them into a shambles, alternatively he took over a team with an ageing defence, and an owner who wanted him to focus on an exciting attacking team.

So Kenny beat him twice did he? Well, if we are playing that game, Woy has beaten Kenny twice, and as yet Kenny has not beaten a certain manager of Wigan! So, does that mean that Martinez is an option?

AVB is a risk, but he is less of a risk than Martinez. The fact is that nobody is available at the moment, there is no Rafa, or Houllier waiting in the wings and thankfully we don't need the type of overhaul that both of them had to embark upon. Kenny didn't have a good season and still most of us would have like him to stay (with reservations) so it is a bit unfair to pick apart AVB on the back of the same season that we were so shit. It may be that AVB will go to Roma, and be a success and then we can look on wishfully, or we can appoint Martinez and he will go onto challenge and we won't. Young managers are a risk, and at this moment I would rather they appoint a fucking management team that knows what it is doing!

Bielsa is little more qualified than Martinez. A Europa League final and 10th in Spain.

He's basically being touted on the basis of two games against the Mancs, the ultimate in short sighted kneejerkery. They've actually gone backwards in the league under him.

Err, he's way more qualified than Martinez. Don't know about anyone else but I'm not judging him on two games against the mancs, his Argentina side and later his Chile side played some of the best football I've ever seen. Anyway, it's not going to happen.

Ok reality check.

Those expecting Guardiola, Klop, or Capello....grow up.

This is LFC 2012 not LFC 1988.

We do not have that kind of clout anymore.

The owners bought us on the cheap and as predicted they do not intend to spend much of their own money.

They want a Martinez, Rodgers or Lambert who can bring through younger players, make us compete for a Champions league place on a small budget. Then when the ground is built they sell us for a big profit.

Sorry but no topline manager will come here. We are 3 years from being Aston Villa or Sunderland

There is no obvious choice is there?

My desire to retain KK was as much down to the alternatives as it was confidence in him.

Whoever comes in will be a risk. Guardiola? Would FSG back him financially? AVB? Misunderstood genius or out of his depth outside of Portugal? Martinez/ Rodgers/Lambert? The next Big Things or insufficiently experienced? Capello? Credible international guru or another grandfather figure for whom the time is out of joint? Rafa? Returning hero or is he to the Boardroom what Joey Barton is to the football field?

Few seem to be raising a key question. Should we not be appointing a DOF first?

I offer no suggestion with any sort of guarantee. However an appointment of Brian Barwick as CEO, Van Gaal as DOF and Rijkaard as manager would be a coherent plan.

It is the “coherent plan” bit which is vital. AVB might do it. But with no experienced DOF and strong CEO it is a disaster waiting to happen. Capello would do a good job – but who do you put in as DOF? Same problem for Rafa. Martinez/ Rodgers/Lambert might work ( not altogether obviously!) but the DOF and CEO appointments are vital.

mrw74? Yes I wondered that or something similar about Carragher being a coach to? I wonder also if it's only a coincidence that only a few days Before Kenny goes? There's lots of talk amongst fans about it being the Right time to move Carragher on & then all of a sudden? Probably Kenny's Best defensive signing in Coates is suddenly being touted for loan when we All Know he really Needs games? And Who would he need to replace in the Squad to Get those games? Then only a week after that speculation about Coates going on loan had suddenly started?

Kenny is summoned & not a word from Carragher in support of him despite him being played virtually non-stop all season even When he Should of been as far away from the team as possible at times? You'd think Carra' would say Something to so strong a champion in the twilight of his career? But instead? Not a flicker....... Now it might possibly only be me but IMO? If Gerrard helped do for Benitez as is rumoured? I believe Carragher had Something to do with yesterday's disgraceful manouvre by the club's hierarchy. Don't know myself - Just got a feeling on it is all................

Oh & further? I also wonder if that's why we never bothered buying any decent defenders under Hodgson & had a similar pantomime re' Carragher then that ended up in the disgrace of an older player His age getting a Four Year contract instead of a rolling one? Yes you Might say I'm speculating if you like but me? I've kind of joined the dots here & I don't like the picture they make - Not one bit................

It's because of this...

Wigan boss Roberto Martinez is accepted into the Sir Alex Ferguson clan at an exclusive manager's dinner in Manchester | Mail Online

...which I've raised a couple of times but has largely been ignored.

Who was the last person to 'sell' Martinez?

Ferguson, he heaped praise upon praise upon Martinez last month. Pals act, giving him a platform for the media to suddenly decree him a misunderstood maverick manager.

He's not. He's shit, and he's got his tongue up Fergie's arse.

Liverpool manager? Fuck that, he can fuck right off, and I mean RIGHT off.

I hadn't seen this story before. An elite clan, eh? Well I knew about Moyes and Allardyce being so far up Ferguson's bum that they know what he has for breakfast everyday. But didn't know about Martinez. Dave Whelan can keep him or flog him to Villa. Don't want him anywhere near us, not with the taint of Ferguson on his breath. The media won't stop talking about him.

mrw74? Yes I wondered that or something similar about Carragher being a coach to? I wonder also if it's only a coincidence that only a few days Before Kenny goes? There's lots of talk amongst fans about it being the Right time to move Carragher on & then all of a sudden? Probably Kenny's Best defensive signing in Coates is suddenly being touted for loan when we All Know he really Needs games? And Who would he need to replace in the Squad to Get those games? Then only a week after that speculation about Coates going on loan had suddenly started?

Kenny is summoned & not a word from Carragher in support of him despite him being played virtually non-stop all season even When he Should of been as far away from the team as possible at times? You'd think Carra' would say Something to so strong a champion in the twilight of his career? But nothing - Possibly only me but IMO? If Gerrard helped do for Benitez as is rumoured? I believe Carragher had Something to do with yesterday's disgraceful manouvre by the club's hierarchy. Don't know myself - Just got a feeling on it is all................

Oh & further? I also wonder if that's why we never bothered buying any decent defenders under Hodgson & had a similar pantomime re' Carragher then that ended up in the disgrace of an older player His age getting a Four Year contract instead of a rolling one? Yes you Might say I'm speculating if you like but me? I've kind of joined the dots here & I don't like the picture they make - Not one bit................

I've been joining the dots too, and I don;t like the picture either.

It's a picture of you, you gigantic, deranged, fat spastic.

If you've nothing nice to say Silverlining then don't say........actually since you want to play at being insulting you pathetic, small minded, childish, cowardly, weak ignoramus like ridiculous little Tw*t with a brain almost as minscule as the excuse you call your vocabulary? Then just Fuck Off instead & Don't come back.............

Tosser - BTW? At least I have the mental capacity to Join the dots no? You would probably scribble over them like the mentally unbalanced, psychologically damaged & deranged little child you are.

Shame the doctors spent a while picking you up after you were dropped on your head as a babe in arms yes fool? Clearly the mental effects of such trauma have caused significant & long lasting damage as evidenced by your complete lack of anything remotely resembling, subtlety, social skills, tact or manners. But then what else do should I expect from a pathetic little piece of carrion like you? You don't belong on a Liverpool Forum you should be in Broadmoor you maniac now? I'll finish what I was going to say before? If you've nothing nice to say? Say nothing at all - Then at least we'll be spared the dirge that is your 'opinion'.............

Edited by Redshadow

A lot depends on how much money, if any, FSV will make available to the new manager. As that's unknowable, the most important skill is to get the most out of the bunch we have.

Given the circumstances, I'd like to see Capello.

Intermediaries acting for the club have spoken with Andre Villas-Boas, but he is unlikely to get the job.

Former Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez is also not thought to be in the running. The Americans are known to have been impressed by Wigan manager Roberto Martinez but no talks have taken place

Liverpool's owners Fenway Sports Group (FSG) are keen to appoint a replacement at the earliest possible opportunity.

On Wednesday, sources close to Henry were keen to stress the American owners do have a clear vision for the future of the club and are likely to appoint three senior directors in the coming weeks

BBC sport so don't hold your breath on that being right as Lawrenson said they wouldn't sack Kenny!!

I don't see how they can get a manager at the earliest oppertunity but take weeks to bring in the senior directors. Surely they go hand in hand to a great extent, don't they?

Kenny is summoned & not a word from Carragher in support of him despite him being played virtually non-stop all season even When he Should of been as far away from the team as possible at times? You'd think Carra' would say Something to so strong a champion in the twilight of his career? But instead? Not a flicker....... Now it might possibly only be me but IMO? If Gerrard helped do for Benitez as is rumoured? I believe Carragher had Something to do with yesterday's disgraceful manouvre by the club's hierarchy. Don't know myself - Just got a feeling on it is all................

I'm not sure if its coincidence or not, but I just feel that Carra will be part of any new backroom staff that's appointed. How long has he got left on his contract, is it 12 months?

A lot depends on how successful their search for a CEO, DoF and any other position in the boardroom that needs to be filled.

Then they'll leave it to those executives to appoint a manager, on the advice of their 'consultants' (whoever they may be) lurking in the distance.

This is a list of the currently available managers displayed on the League Managers Association website

League Managers Association

Adams MBE, Tony

Allen, Martin

Barmby, Nick

Barnes MBE, John

Beck, John

Benitez, Rafael

Blackwell, Kevin

Bracewell, Paul

Bradbury, Lee

Branfoot, Ian

Brightwell, Ian

Brown, Phil

Bruce, Steve

Brush, Paul

Buckley, Alan

Burley, George

Clark, Lee

Cooper, Mark

Curbishley, Alan

Dalglish MBE, Kenny

Davey, Simon

Davies, Billy

Dillon, Kevin

Dowie, Iain

Eriksson, Sven-Göran

Foyle, Martin

Glover, Dean

Grant, Peter

Gray, Stuart

Gullit, Ruud

Gunn, Bryan

Harford, Mick

Hoddle, Glenn

Hodgson, David

Hollins MBE, John

Horton, Brian

Houllier OBE, Gerard

Ince, Paul

Jackson, Peter

Keane, Roy

Keegan OBE, Kevin

Kinnear, Joe

Laws, Brian

Little, Brian

Machin, Mel

Magilton, Jim

McAllister MBE, Gary

McCarthy, Mick

McIlroy, Sammy

McLeish, Alex

McParland, Charlie

Megson, Gary

Millen, Keith

Money, Richard

Newell, Mike

Kelly, Richard

Leary, David

Parkes, Tony

Parry , Les

Penney, Dave

Peschisolido, Paul

Pitman, Jamie

Ratcliffe, Kevin

Reid, Peter

Richardson, Lee

Ritchie, Andy

Robins, Mark

Robson OBE, Bryan

Rodger, Graham

Roeder, Glenn

Rosenior, Leroy

Sampson, Ian

Sanchez, Lawrie

Schofield, John

Scott, Andy

Simpson, Gary

Smith, Denis

Souness, Graeme

Spackman, Nigel

Stimson, Mark

Strachan OBE, Gordon

Sutton, Chris

Tait, Mick

Ternent, Stan

Thompson, Steve

Thordarson, Gudjon

Tilson, Steve

Todd, Colin

Vialli, Gianluca

Villas-Boas, Andre

Wadsworth, Mick

Wilkins MBE, Ray

Williams, Geraint

Wise, Dennis

Worthington, Nigel

Wright, Mark

Zola OBE, Gianfranco

I'm not sure if its coincidence or not, but I just feel that Carra will be part of any new backroom staff that's appointed. How long has he got left on his contract, is it 12 months?

FSG have previous for going for the soft option.

Carra as manager with a strong DOF is not an impossible scenario.

But there again Ayre might suggest Lee Clark.

mrw74? I agree with you mate re' Carragher but me? I think he & his 'opinions' along with the fact I'm pretty sure he's been protecting his career to some extent? I mean consider - Look at Him Not moving aside or gradually backing out gracefully to allow Coates the time & games he needs along with all these rumours about Coates being conveniently close to Kenny going? Look at the four Year bloody contract he got in our last bout of managerial chaos - I don't know, something just doesn't ring right for me...............

But yes I think he'd be good on our coaching staff - He seems made for that sort of role to me & would prob' be Far better there than in our team right now if you ask me.