You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Don't see a thread solely for the discussion of who our next manager should be so thought I'd start one. Four names stand out to me for different reasons and they might not all be realistic but I'd still like them all to be at least considered: Capello, Klopp, Villas-Boas and Benitez. Who tickles your fancy?

I'll put a link to the blog I wrote about the four men mentioned above here if anyone wants a quick read of it ( One Man & His Blog: FSG's Most Wanted (Hopefully) ). Not going to post all the text as I didn't want to get too deep into it on this actual thread, it was more a case of finding out who everyone thinks we should appoint next.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a start - rather than naming a fella perhaps it is more constructive to start with a bunch of random attributes.

First and foremost - is he gonna be a trackie with his initials and boots guy or a suit/sweater and a scarf type? Answer that and you have narrowed the field by half.

This is a start - rather than naming a fella perhaps it is more constructive to start with a bunch of random attributes.

First and foremost - is he gonna be a trackie with his initials and boots guy or a suit/sweater and a scarf type? Answer that and you have narrowed the field by half.

I think we should go for the trackie/shoes/scarf type personally.

Capello - too old

Klopp - little chance of getting

Benitez - no thanks

That leaves AVB, he ticks most of the boxes for a young manager who's also won a trophy or two, but now numerous journos are saying he's a no-go.

Fashion wise, i'd say no club gear and preferably someone with an accent, ties a scarf like a twat and who likes dropping metaphors at press conferences.

The mention of a DOF makes me think sweater/scarf, maybe a little stubble, not a full on Alonso playoff beard but a little something.

I almost want to wish for a sweater vest but I think that may be greedy. He should have an accent too.

I think it is pretty much a guarantee that he will have an accent. Like every other human.

Guest ShoePiss
Neither' date=' let it hang free and dab it with a hanky after a piss, i'm sure some posh continental types probably do that.

So long as he doesn't tuck his scarf in properly he'll be ok by me.[/quote']

PissHanky?