You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hmmm, this is a difficult one. He has been shite for most of the season, and disinterested for a fair chunk of it as well. But he has played well this past month or so (every since Newcastle I think!).

I need to see that level of performance consistently before I think he has a long term future with us, and he does need to score more. If you play well as a forward, and create chances for others then you can accept around 20 goals a season, but not 10.

But I think it is a safe bet he will never be worth £35m, or rather what we would think a £35m player should be, but that isn't his fault.

Anyone wanting to right off players who are under 22 like Henderson and Shelvey after one season need to develop patience, Downing and Adam, and to a lesser extent Spearing are not good enough and it is doubtful that they will ever be (although I suspect Downing will be good in a good side!). Looking for positive signs in Shelvey, Henderson and Coates is fine, highlighting those good points is fine also, I see nothing wrong with a positive approach to players who have generally underperformed. If you are going to fuck those players off on the back of this season, then the same goes for the manager.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He can be a £35million striker.

Everybody knew we paid over the odds, it wasn't a secret but if he performs for us next season at the high standard he has set himself then he will be worth it. - If he goes to the Euros and gets a few goals, the media will be right behind him and say he is worth it already (or- if it all goes tits up and he get the blame the lads confidence will go!)

If Torres gets the winner next week, the media will say that was £50million well spent. the dicks.

I absolutely love it when Internet pricks like you pretend the talk for everyone. So desperate are you to belittle somebody, you attempt to position yourself as spokesmen for everybody else. So sure your opinion is right that you're willing to assume everybody else is thinking the same thing.

As for being repetitive, you should really look back at your own posts. You offer nothing more than insults and judgements on those sharing opinions. Of course, you rarely offer an opinion of your own. Just one-liner after one-liner. You offer fuck all, because you're a vacuous cunt without the intelligence or bottle to offer your own brainless thoughts.

I know I said that whenever I see your posts I get a picture of the guy in "Big Bang Theory" but reading this one why do I get a picture of the armless and legless black knight from Monty Python & The Holy Grail"?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I know I said that whenever I see your posts I get a picture of the guy in "Big Bang Theory" but reading this one why do I get a picture of the armless and legless black knight from Monty Python & The Holy Grail"?

Is it because you're a fantasist?

I think for fsg to take a club that was 7th give Kenny 38 million of the clubs coffers then expect to waltz into to top 4 is a big ask. We should of spent better but I also think Enrique, henderson, carrol Suarez are buys that will be strong for us in the future. I think they will push on next season. I think a couple of good signing, no dramas and we will do well next season if we keep Kenny.

You know when we used to have "Don't quote Rashid"? Can we have "Don't quote NV" as well now, please? His pompous, self-regarding dribblings are truly ruining the forum for me, and I'm sure plenty of others as well.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
You know when we used to have "Don't quote Rashid"? Can we have "Don't quote NV" as well now, please? His pompous, self-regarding dribblings are truly ruining the forum for me, and I'm sure plenty of others as well.

Fucking prick. Another know-nothing shithead who has been shown up to be a know-nothing dickhead and doesn't like it.

NV,you are something of a Jeckyll and Hyde character between the GF and here.

I always thought you were a decent poster but you are becoming a bit repetitive with your thoughts about us underachieving and we get your viewpoint but lets mix it up a bit and knock this hissy fitting stuff on the head for a bit eh?

The same could apply to Coro too.

Its getting so bad that I'm skipping past your posts and reading xerxes.

Now thats got to be a bad sign!

His recent efforts were summed up in the second half against Chelsea when he sprinted to chase an overhit pass into the Kop/Main Stand corner and slid to knock the ball out for a throw in.

You can say that's the least you'd expect from any player but it's still great to see and it just summed up how motivated he's been recently. The roar from the crowd and subsequent chanting of his name must have been music to his ears.

He can't play like that every game and he's never going to get 20+ league goals for us a season, but as a second striker he doesn't need to. If he's causing the opposition defences that much hassle then he's doing his job.

NV,you are something of a Jeckyll and Hyde character between the GF and here.

I always thought you were a decent poster but you are becoming a bit repetitive with your thoughts about us underachieving and we get your viewpoint but lets mix it up a bit and knock this hissy fitting stuff on the head for a bit eh?

Its getting so bad that I'm skipping past your posts and reading xerxes.

Now thats got to be a bad sign!

Oooooof! X 1 million

He needs to maybe read some Lao Tzu. Step away from the computer for a while. Go for a walk and smell some flowers. It's only football after all. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right, what does it matter? I really don't care. Being right is significantly less important to me than supporting the club and wanting to see the players succeed.

That is the last thing I will say to or about him.

Yeah I'd completely given up on in, I wanted him out of the club. The transformation that has taken place with him is shocking. I don't know or really care what the catalyst has been but I hope to fucking god it continues into next season. His form for most of the season has caused a hefty chunk of despair for a lot of fans, Carroll consistently putting in performances like the other day and the final will give the entire club a huge boost.

The catalyst were his own people, his fellow Geordies booing him from first whistle to his substitution, that was what stopped him being binned by Liverpool this summer. He expected a heroes welcome. He'd never asked for a transfer from Newcastle, his home town club got 35M for him and are getting on well without him so he thought they'd be happy. How wrong he was. Since then he has washed his hands of NUFC and become a LFC player. Funny thing is if the Newcastle fans had done the right thing and given him a decent reception he'd still be torn and he'd have gone to a shitty PL club or even championship team in the summer. But he'll be with us ramming the geordie boo's back down their throats. Go get'em Andy!

Hey there. I'd leave well alone but if someone wants to quote me or respond to me in such a manner than happy to return the favour.

Is this a knitting circle or the internet?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Hey there. I'd leave well alone but if someone wants to quote me or respond to me in such a manner than happy to return the favour.

Is this a knitting circle or the internet?

SHUT IT, DICKHEAD.

Etc., etc. So on and so forth.

Its quite simple really. He only started performing once he got booed off at Newcastle a few games ago. He stormed off to the changing room in that game

Once the penny finally dropped that he isn't the hero that he was to them, he has been improving game after game.

He's starting to look like the monster we thought we bought

Another game and more wasted chances from Carroll then.

4 goals in 35 PL games thats simply not good enough.

I want us to listen to offers for him in the summer, we could do so much better and I doubt he will ever score more than 15 PL goals in one season ever.

Another game and more wasted chances from Carroll then.

4 goals in 35 PL games thats simply not good enough.

I want us to listen to offers for him in the summer, we could do so much better and I doubt he will ever score more than 15 PL goals in one season ever.

Who cares what you doubt, you thought http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/ff-football-forum/106627-30-points-play-4th-still-possible.html