You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

On the cusp of the millenium, being a token anti fashion/establishment zealot, I used to walk around in 18 hole army boots, a grey galabia (a mate had just been to egypt and brought it back), full beard & long hair combo and a camouflage army engineers jacket. Imagine my dismay when that cunt bin laden literally stole my entire look. This is 100% true, my mates had a field day with it, mobile phone video was in its infancy so they used to film me without my knowledge, the grainy footage used to look like the vids OBL filmed in a cave in afganistan.

How the mighty have fallen though, ive currently got black sambas, jeans and a fuckin polo shirt on. Where did it all go wrong? :|

On the cusp of the millenium, being a token anti fashion/establishment zealot, I used to walk around in 18 hole army boots, a grey galabia (a mate had just been to egypt and brought it back), full beard & long hair combo and a camouflage army engineers jacket. Imagine my dismay when that cunt bin laden literally stole my entire look. This is 100% true, my mates had a field day with it, mobile phone video was in its infancy so they used to film me without my knowledge, the grainy footage used to look like the vids OBL filmed in a cave in afganistan.

How the mighty have fallen though, ive currently got black sambas, jeans and a fuckin polo shirt on. Where did it all go wrong? :|

Ha ha, brilliant!

Very, very few people give literally no thought to their appearance in my view. The ones that don't tend to be male and over the age of 70.

However, them aside, any conversation about "I don't care about fashion" is really only a reflection of two things: the degree to which you are self-confident or honest (assuming the word "fashion" is short hand for caring about your appearance because actual "fashion" in terms of the industrial meaning of the word is only relevant to about three people in London, Paris, Milan and New York).

I like clothes and always have. That said, I don't regard myself as fashionable in any way, but I know what I like. Other people's views of my appearance don't define it, but - like almost everyone who claims as much - I'd be lying if I said I wasn't arsed about what others think.

I've gotta be honest although pensioners have no regard for fashion the majority have genuine pride in their appearance I love seeing an old guy who still wears his tie and shirt and makes himself smart and clean even though he's not going anywhere.

I've always fancied having a Saville Row suit made. That'd be awesome. I'd go down to London and do a Frank Slade, get a nice suit - a tie with e Windsor not - and get given a nice cutthroat shave.

I've often considered wearing braces to work too, but think it could be a step too far.

I've always fancied having a Saville Row suit made. That'd be awesome. I'd go down to London and do a Frank Slade, get a nice suit - a tie with e Windsor not - and get given a nice cutthroat shave.

I've often considered wearing braces to work too, but think it could be a step too far.

Hope you have time when you're visiting. Takes about 2-3 months and a least 3 fittings to have a suit done.

I've gotta be honest although pensioners have no regard for fashion the majority have genuine pride in their appearance I love seeing an old guy who still wears his tie and shirt and makes himself smart and clean even though he's not going anywhere.

Yeah,I think thats a credit to them myself.

In 30 years we're going to have pensioners wearing trackies,lacoste and tommy hilfiger.That will be a sight to behold.

Scuffed work boots, baggy jeans and a hooded sweatshirt usually. I'm what's known in the industry as a scruffy cunt. I stopped giving a fuck about style when I was about 18 and have dressed mainly for comfort since then. (Unless i'm going somewhere nice and the missus dresses me).

In the summer replace boots with flip flops and jeans with shorts, job's a good'un.

• Downvote 1

I like seeing old blokes in cotton tracky bottoms with dress shoes. I'm tempted to go out with my mrs like this one day to wind her up but I fear she would push me in front of a speeding taxi.

Do you seriously think you'd get out the front door?

A manager of mine from a previous job spent £7000 on a day suit for Royal Ascot. He got divorced 6 months later.

Scuffed work boots, baggy jeans and a hooded sweatshirt usually. I'm what's known in the industry as a scruffy cunt. I stopped giving a fuck about style when I was about 18 and have dressed mainly for comfort since then. (Unless i'm going somewhere nice and the missus dresses me).

In the summer replace boots with flip flops and jeans with shorts, job's a good'un.

Work in IT then moof?

Shut it sheep shagger !:telloff:

Ooof! Must try harder me dear, unless strap-on's count?

People from Huyton are wools aren't they?

They are, Huyton also descends from mass welsh immigration from the mining days. This 'new' poster's not very bright though, if they were they'd of come up with a much more amusing user name. Probably suffers from exaggerated scouse disorder too.