You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FUCK SKY,FUCK EVRA, FUCK FERGUSON, FUCK JEFF STELLING

Marko121

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stan Collymore hit the nail on the head when he said that once the New York Times who are investors in FSG got involved all of a sudden things started moving.

Alan Greene on 5Live just asked where was Slur's apology for telling another club what to do which he said was disgraceful!

Those that think that this does not matter beyond L6 are deluding themselves. Check out the New York Times, part of the FSG and the paper of record in the United states:

Another Ugly Incident Mars Liverpool’s Good Name

Published: February 11, 2012

If the Fenway Sports Group is to be the responsible team owner in soccer that it has proved to be in baseball, it needs to get hold of Liverpool, its club in England’s Premier League, and repair its global image fast.

Liverpool's Luis Suárez, left, refused to shake the hand of United's Patrice Evra, second from right, before Saturday's game. .

On Saturday, Liverpool lost at Manchester United, 2-1, allowing United to temporarily move into first place in the Premier League. There is no disgrace in such a loss; United, the defending English champion, is vying to keep that title this season, and it very rarely loses at home.

But there was disgrace, witnessed by television viewers around the world, in the refusal of Liverpool’s Luis Suárez to shake the hand of United’s Patrice Evra before kickoff.

The hand might not always be offered with sincerity. It might often be less than the noble sign of pregame respect between opponents that FIFA would like to have us believe it is. But in this case it was important to show a global audience that Suárez and Evra were man enough to touch palms and bury the enmity between them.

This was the first time that Suárez had started a game since he was barred for eight matches for repeatedly calling Evra racist names when they competed against each other last October. Suárez claimed that the words he uttered, as used in his Uruguayan hometown, were not racist but could be affectionate. Evra, who is black and French, but understands Spanish well, said he was deeply offended.

Both players are feisty, provocative, volatile characters, as their records for their clubs, and their national teams, have long shown. Evra led the French team that mutinied against its coach and refused to train during the 2010 World Cup. Suárez was the player who made no apology for deliberately handling the ball that led to Ghana’s elimination from that tournament, and he was purchased by Liverpool after he was suspended in the Dutch league for biting an opponent.

It would seem that each of them would wish to show that, for the sake of their team if not their own reputation, they could abide by the rules and rituals of the game that makes their fortune.

Manchester United Manager Alex Ferguson began the week by publicly asking his players to rise above any bitter feelings they had and display sportsmanship on the field. He said he spoke with Evra on Saturday morning.

“Patrice and I had a chat,” Ferguson said, “and he said: ‘I’m going to shake his hand. I’ve got nothing to be ashamed of. I want to keep my dignity.’ ” When the moment arrived, it was beyond Evra’s grasp.

Suárez shook hands with the referee, and then with the child who was United’s mascot for the day. He then stared at the ground, ignoring the hand extended by Evra and walking toward the next man in line, goalkeeper David de Gea.

Evra grabbed the arm of Suárez, who shrugged him off. De Gea seemed to try to ask Suárez to shake Evra’s hand, and he again refused. The next United player in line, Rio Ferdinand, then withdrew his hand as Suárez passed.

“After seeing what happened, I decided not to shake his hand,” Ferdinand said after the game. “I lost all respect for the guy.”

Ugly repercussions followed. The United crowd booed Suárez, as the Liverpool crowd had booed Evra in its stadium when the teams met in the F.A. Cup two weeks ago.

In the tunnel as the teams headed to halftime Saturday, the teams scuffled after Evra attempted to say something to Suárez. The police and stewards intervened to separate the players.

The Suárez-Evra feud overshadowed the top-class soccer these teams are capable of. United quickly took a 2-0 lead on two goals by the Liverpool-born Wayne Rooney.

The first was from a corner by Ryan Giggs, when Rooney’s sharp anticipation and reflexes led to a short-range volley in a poorly defended penalty area. The second started when Antonio Valencia preyed on an error from Jay Spearing and with split-second vision teed up Rooney, who put a shot between the legs of goalkeeper Pepe Reina.

A late consolation goal by Liverpool, with Suárez reacting like lightning to Ferdinand’s failure to control a deflection, highlighted Suárez’s immense talent. It is that talent that everyone should be talking about, and not racism, especially in a game in which 11 nationalities were represented.

Long after the lights were switched off at Old Trafford, Suárez wrote on Twitter that he was “sad” because of the loss and “disappointed because everything is not that it seems.”

Liverpool Manager Kenny Dalglish claimed he did not see Suárez refuse the handshake, or the shoving in the tunnel at halftime. He had said earlier in the week that Suárez should not have been barred for what he said about Evra, but that he had spoken to Suárez and he knew that Suárez would shake the hand of Evra.

When he was asked on Sky TV after the game why Suárez had not, Dalglish avoided directly answering the question.

“I think you are bang out of order to blame Luis Suárez for whatever happened today,” Dalglish said.

Shortly before that, Evra was whooping to all corners of the stadium. The referee, Phil Dowd, who had managed the game commendably, at that point physically restrained Evra and asked him not to further inflame the players or the supporters.

Ferguson was less charitable. “He is a disgrace to Liverpool Football Club,” he said of Suárez. “That certain player should not be allowed to play for Liverpool again.”

It is time for John Henry and Tom Werner, leaders of the Fenway Group that controls Liverpool, to state clearly the direction the team will take on this issue.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/12/sports/soccer/liverpools-luis-suarez-refuses-to-shake-the-hand-of-uniteds-patrice-evra.html?_r=1

Those that think that this does not matter beyond L6 are deluding themselves.

It's this weeks news, it's being reported as such. Nobody outside of those with ties to either club will give a fuck once it blows over so let's not pretend our reputation has been mortally wounded by this.

It's this weeks news, it's being reported as such. Nobody outside of those with ties to either club will give a fuck once it blows over so let's not pretend our reputation has been mortally wounded by this.

What is does point out is the huge difference between the media in the two countries. That is a piece condemning FSG and the club by the media outlet we are partners with.

to be honest, its an absolute nap that kenny will be asked about his thoughts on fergusons comments about luis at his next press con.

i hope beyond hope that kenny reels off every single little incident that puts ferguson in spotlight and shows him up to be the hypocritical little germ that we all know he is.

i dont think for one minute that kenny will be content to just let the whole thing drop....

he'll bide his time and he'll do it when the times right.

to be honest, its an absolute nap that kenny will be asked about his thoughts on fergusons comments about luis at his next press con.

i hope beyond hope that kenny reels off every single little incident that puts ferguson in spotlight and shows him up to be the hypocritical little germ that we all know he is.

i dont think for one minute that kenny will be content to just let the whole thing drop....

I think he'll give no comment. I don't think the man who offered that awful apology today has the stomach for a fight with one he apparently sees as his absolute superior.

I think he'll give no comment. I don't think the man who offered that awful apology today has the stomach for a fight with one he apparently sees as his absolute superior.

His absolute superior!No stomach for a fight! Get a fucking grip you stupid cunt.

Suarez had agreed to shake hands with Evra. This clearly has been discussed between the clubs before the game so the expectation that it would happen was extremely high. Suarez is totally in the wrong and should be hung out to dry. He let down everyone who has a stake in this great club. Had Evra withdrawn his hand after agreeing to the handshake then the boot would have been on the other foot and we could have adopted the moral high ground. And we would have done - although I'm sure the media would have justified this on the basis that he was, afterall, the "victim". Unfortunately we will now never now due to the selfishness of one man who put his own needs ahead of the club.

I hope he has the strength of personality and determination to want to stay and ram it up United for the next ten years. But if he doesn't then maybe he isn't the demi-god we have built him up to be after all.

Benitez did that. The Scum loving press went after him even more.

i have to disagree with you there, mate.

i've got no doubt that kenny will feel like he's been in a battle for the last few weeks and months but it just isnt in his nature to bend over.

if we get this thing into perspective, then kenny has only apologised for his behaviour where sky is concerned.....which was the right thing to do because his behaviour wasnt befitting a club of liverpool's stature, but he went no further.

perhaps ferguson feels that referring to the germans as a nation of cheats, implying italians are a dishonest nation and defending a player who intentionally breaks a fellow professional's leg IS fitting for a club of man u's stature.

i think kenny will get his second wind and come good with this.

Benitez did that. The Scum loving press went after him even more.

yeah, but benitez did it in a contrived way.

his downfall was reading a prepared statement an reeling off examples like he was some sort of headmaster taking registration and crossing them off the list as he went along....then he went on the backfoot against STOKE while we we're at the top of the league!

kenny's much more spontaneous when he's cutting someone down, AND he'll press the ball in the next game

Agree. Liverpool FC can go fuck themselves, I couldn't give a fuck about the cup final either.

Wouldn't go that far.

We can make some great things happen in the future.

But we simply have to make huge changes in how things are being handled.

Scouting,transfers,PR, executive management...you name it.

I won't give ever give up on this club but I'm getting fuck of the incompetence and shit decision making year after year. FSG were supposed to change all this.

Utd have issued their own statement 'accepting' LFC's apology.

Thank fuck for that. Cunts.

not that im nit-picking, but what the fuck are they accepting?

kenny has apologised for his response in the post game interview with sky and luis suarez has apologised for not doing what he said he would with the handshake malarky...

as far as im aware, neither one of those apologies was directly aimed at man u....the conceited fuckers

They're all as bad as each other. Suarez for not shaking. Evra for celebrating. Kenny for his ludicrous claims that he 'missed it' and then his belligerent attitude in the interview, and Purplenose for his inflamatory and unintentionally hilarious comments about Suarez being sacked and banned forever (why, Alex? Because he doesn't concur with your fictional moral code?).

To be honest, the managers are the ones who are most to blame, as they are old enough to know better (not that the other pair aren't either). Honestly, it's like a bunch of overgrown toddlers.