You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest ShoePiss
If by teammates, you meant Robbie Fowler. I understand why Robbie did it -- still didn't really make it right.

He was still the club captain at the time, Fowler was vice captain.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked him as a player, dislike him as a pundit, why do I dislike him as a pundit?

He repeats the same cliche ridden dross ad infinitum, offers absolutely no insight into tactics/team selection/anything in fact, which is pretty much the rule for "pundits" in the UK.

Aside from that he seems a nice lad, but some see him as a cunt in a kind of "guilty by association" because of his father.

A Spice Boy who was synonymous with a period of the club's history in which white suits were worn, title leads were thrown away and characters like Ruddock, James and McManaman ran wild.

Redknapp too often disappeared on the pitch; physically weak and cowardly, he had talent but lacked the rabid mentality characterised by Scholes and Keane, and less talented players like Butt across the park.

Should always be recognised as a talented player in a team of talented individuals who grossly underachieved during some of the club's darkest days. He's a TV celebrity with a smoother look than Lawrenson and Hansen, but without an inch of their prestige as players.

Add him to the list of 'top reds' who failed to speak out against the American ownership that ravaged this club and, worse, peddled lies about the club on the pitch during this time.

The son of a crook, who need we forget defended the H&G ownership regime.

I think that is probably the reason i feel ambivalent towards him aswell.

I don't get why people dislike him because he wasn't a fan of Rafa. So what? Most Man U fans worship Ferguson and Keane and it seems that those 2 aren't buddies. Keane seems to dislike Ferguson very much.

I am a few years younger than Redknapp so when he played for us I was very much in awe of our players. I used to really love Redknapp but now I am older I think that I rated him too high. I think he had talent and could certainly whack a ball but he didn't have that "will to win at all costs".

I don't get why people dislike him because he wasn't a fan of Rafa.

It's more to do with the fact that when those 2 Texans were raping the club the likes of Redknapp were happier blaming the likes of Benitez and Torres for our demise. He 'loves' this club when it suits him. He's not alone in that but even so, fuck him.

Guest ShoePiss

It's fucking funny that the anti rafa fuckheads 'like' what Redknapp has to say. He's braindead and makes a tit of himself often, Souness sitting next to him is always good value.

He's nice but dim and I'd prefer if he wasn't seen as a 'top red' because 1. He isn't and 2. He's an embarrassment.

He hasn't really improved much, although I suppose he isn't hosting the show, just supplying bland punditries.

Compare that to Lineker. He started out shaky, but within a few months was a seasoned pro, to the point that many viewers probably forget - or don't even know - that he was once a brilliant footballer.

Although I think his excellence as a broadcaster has now gone full circle, and he's become rather smug and lazy, almost Swiss Toni-esque in his oleaginous knowing winks and asides to his bezzy mates Jocky and Lawro.

MOTD is becoming a bit like the Top Gear of football. A boy's club that nobody else is welcome to join.

Wow, when you aren't slating Lucas you actually make some sense.

A lot of people never really liked Thomas.

I'm not sure if people are talking about not liking him now, or back then. I'm pretty ambivalent. As a player he was ....OK.

Someone described him as like a proto-Jordan Henderson, and I suppose that's pretty accurate, although Henderson's quicker and runs more, while Redknapp was a better passer and could occasionally score, and tackled more too, although in all fairness, you couldn't tackle less than Jordan Henderson.

Your 'Readysalted' hate knows no bounds does it?!

Yeah Henderson hasn't pulled up trees, but he's 21 played out of position half his games. When he's played centre mid he's been more than adequate on more the half the times he's been ther.

I think you just don't like his haircut Brendan.

Nice guy, poor pundit.

Moreover he constantly moaned about Gerrard being a central midfielder and zonal marking but ignored the excellent defensive record and the fact Stevies most productive periods were not in central midfield. The there's David towering performance at old Trafford..... So is it any surprise that the latest bandwagon to jump on with Luis's case he simply went with the crowd. Be interesting to.see.if he has a similar opinion of justice if harry goes down.

He was bought by Kenny first time around and does speak highly of Kenny and his time at the club.

His association with Sky and advertising everything he can get his hands on does leave a bit of a sour taste.

Bit of a shit pundit but a nice enough fella.

Also his missus,as well as being smoking hot is also supposed to be a lovely person and loved her time on Merseyside so another tick for that.

He was one of our best players back then, totally committed, he seems like a top bloke but I don't rate him as a pundit - he's tried to carve a niche out by shouting a lot. Separate the man and the player from the pundit though.

Monumentally disagree, other than Thomas, Jones & possibly Scales there were those that were just going through the motions (Barnes, Rush) and the Spice Boys.

Too many games Redknapp went missing either with Barnes or with Ince when they were the self proclaimed best midfield in Europe.