You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I know this is quite an odd thread, but I always find it staggering that he gets such stick from LFC fans i've read people calling him a "twat' a "cunt" etc.. The lad was a very good player for us despite all his injury problems and spent the majority of his career here. His punditry may not be the most incisive and he may not be the must intelligent pundit but he always speaks very highly of the club and his work i find is very pro Liverpool. Redknapp on Sterling and Kenny - Liverpool FC

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is quite an odd thread, but I always find it staggering that he gets such stick from LFC fans i've read people calling him a "twat' a "cunt" etc.. The lad was a very good player for us despite all his injury problems and spent the majority of his career here. His punditry may not be the most incisive and he may not be the must intelligent pundit but he always speaks very highly of the club and his work i find is very pro Liverpool. Redknapp on Sterling and Kenny - Liverpool FC

He has beans on a fry-up, the fucking rancid miff.

I love Jamie. He was superb when he played for us, shame about the injuries. When he's on Sky though ? He talks a lot but says very little. Literally. Top, top bloke though.

I was on a bus in Istanbul on the way to the match in 2005, Spoony, him of shit DJ fame was on said bus. He then announces that Redknapp is on the phone, sing him a song to which the Liverpool fans sung "going down with your Dad". I thought it was pretty harsh but still funny as fuck. Spoony tried to get us to stop, the only thing he could do was hang up.

I think he's probably a really nice bloke, far nicer than most in that business, and (apart from his Rafa phase) he usually speaks very positively about us. He's a hopeless pundit who jumped ship from the BBC when they were preparing to train him properly and preferred to let Sky brand him as 'eye candy' and leave him to 'literally' say 'literally' a great deal. But he deserves a reasonable amount of respect from us.

I try to remember the player more than anything else. He was a big part of the team (the most exciting team in the country at the time) that led me to love football. Learnt from Barnes and Molby and had a touch of class in his play himself. He was becoming a good pundit until Sky nabbed him. Shame, but my general approach of watching as little studio punditry on live matches as possible, has meant that I'm not angered by the sheer sight of him like some.

I love him, from my home town too. He is not a cockney.

He went for Rafa too much for my liking as I was very much pro rafa but I think that was more his employers than him.

One of my teachers used to live next door to him and a few of the players were playing in the garden one day but her son was an Arsenal fan and didn't want to know!