You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I think one of the problems here and possibly the biggest issue is not the fact that Luis was in the wrong it's the length and severity of the punishment that has pissed everybody off here.

If the FA (or whoever) has turned around and said sometime like this...

"Whilst we accept that Suarez is not racist, he did use certain words and phrases that are not acceptable here in England. We accept that in his own Country this may be an acceptable turn of phrase but here it isn't, therefore we have to give him a fine a warning about his future conduct and a 3 match ban"

...then I suspect that we all accept this, take in on the chin move on and forget about it?

But no. What we have is a complete character assasination a blatant bias towards the 'victim' and a ban that feels like absolute brutal arse rape.

That's the problem, how can Suarez and LFC not uphold their intention to appeal this punishment and not feel like we're all being made the scapegoat?

I hope that we can find a a way to appeal not necessarily the verdict but definately the ban and have this reduced to more sensible level, and I support the club and the player in trying to do this.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hated it.

For no reason we are being branded as racists because of the way it was handled. We should have waited until the final decision was made.

I still don't get why the fans were misled so badly by the club in all of this. What did they stand to gain? We take pride in our values and traditions. Suarez is just one player here. Players come and go. We shouldn't have been so dogged about the whole issue.

I am one of the younger fans here and have never seen us win a league title. One of the biggest draws for me was the values the club championed so much. Of course, our history, success and the football was an attraction but the values we had made it even more attractive.

We are a proud football club, let us not let this issue blotch our glorious history.

I know a black lad, season ticket holder, who is disgusted with the club over this.

Perhaps he should be more disgusted about the player who has invented claims of racist abuse. Just a thought, like.

EDIT: And what the fuck should someone's skin colour have to do with his stance on this issue? Are black people supposed to accept claims of racism on face value or something? Do black people not possess the same critical faculties that white people have?

Whopper.

I don't know the guy you're replying to, but that is a mong of a post that bears no relation to anything he said.

Unfortunately, it also seems to emphasise the mess that the club have made of this situation.

Honestly, I don't know what to make of the whole issue, but we fucked up as a club, especially with basically backing up Evra's evidence.

One thing I do know though, is that if this was a scum forum, then over 90% of people claiming this massive injustice, would be holding diametrically opposing views than they currently do, based on team allegiance.

I don't think any of us will ever find out the truth of what actually happened that day, but one thing that always remains

consistent, is our ability to continually fuck up administrative duties.

I think its clear what happend. Evra said something about luis sister, luis decides to say something back deciding it justifies getting all racial, evra decides to take exception, either for moral or advantage taking reasons. Luis drops the sister reference recollection from his evidence so as not to prove his own motive against himself.

It doesnt make luis racist, it was a cute retaliation to something in retrospect hell wish hed of ignored instead he lowered himself to Evras level, perhaps lower.

Sadly neither the Fa nor most fans on here have appreciatted the subtleties of the

situation here, both are wide of the mark.

The fa should have sanctioned Evra for his provocation and handed out a lesser ban for luis.

Instead weve got a fuckfest on here, mentally retarded people thinking they are hot shot lawyers, people crying and screaming he is not a racist with others is a moral crisis demanding to know if their bum looks racist in these shorts. Im almost tempted to say such people and the FA deserve each other. Anyone using the term kangaroo court shodld be spitroasted by slur alex and patrice. Cos thats whats really happening here.

Suarez is far too vocal on a football pitch for my liking, get on with it please.

Perhaps we should try and get the ban reduced but then thatd be an admission of guilt, which we already did in our own submissions anyway but we should tread carefully here.

We need to get on with our season. Everymoment this drags on is asking for another spitroast pummelling by those two. Hats off to them in their attempts to derail the kings comeback and unifying effect on our fanbase.

Edited by dennis tooth

I think both the emotional and the rational reaction to the charge have been totally understandable. However, now is the time for cool heads. The best we can hope for now is a face-saving compromise - a reduced ban, an apology from Suarez, an apology from Evra for his part in it, and let the FA think they are not the bunch of jerks we know they are.

How to do it? First a determined appeal based on the lack of impartial evidence and the rush to judgment by the panel. Go to the CSA if needed. Then a concerted effort to show how important JUSTICE is to Liverpool - the city and the club and a justice that includes an intolerance of racism. Then lobby world-wide influence in defence of justice and at the same time reinforce our anti-racism stance.

I don't know the guy you're replying to, but that is a mong of a post that bears no relation to anything he said.

Unfortunately, it also seems to emphasise the mess that the club have made of this situation.

Honestly, I don't know what to make of the whole issue, but we fucked up as a club, especially with basically backing up Evra's evidence.

One thing I do know though, is that if this was a scum forum, then over 90% of people claiming this massive injustice, would be holding diametrically opposing views than they currently do, based on team allegiance.

I don't think any of us will ever find out the truth of what actually happened that day, but one thing that always remains consistent, is our ability to

continually fuck up administrative duties.

IMO I think it does. He thinks the club should just accept the findings of the FA. I beg to differ. You're opinion on my post I couldn't give a fuck about TBH.

I think its clear what happend. Evra said something about luis sister, luis decides to say something back deciding it justifies getting all racial, evra decides to take exception, either for moral or advantage taking reasons. Luis drops the sister reference recollection from his evidence so as not to prove his own motive against himself.

It doesnt make luis racist, it was a cute retaliation to something in retrospect hell wish hed of ignored instead he lowered himself to Evras level, perhaps lower.

Sadly neither the Fa nor most fans on here have appreciatted the subtleties of the

situation here, both are wide of the mark.

The fa should have sanctioned Evra for his provocation and handed out a lesser ban for luis.

Instead weve got a fuckfest on here, mentally retarded people thinking they are hot shot lawyers, people crying and screaming he is not a racist with others is a moral crisis demanding to know if their bum looks racist in these shorts. Im almost tempted to say such people and the FA deserve each other. Anyone using the term kangaroo court shodld be spitroasted by slur alex and patrice. Cos thats whats really happening here.

Suarez is far too vocal on a football pitch for my liking, get on with it please.

Perhaps we should try and get the ban reduced but then thatd be an admission of guilt, which we already did in our own submissions anyway but we should tread carefully here.

We need to get on with our season. Everymoment this drags on is asking for another spitroast pummelling by those two. Hats off to them in their attempts to derail the kings comeback and unifying effect on our fanbase.

It's now widely accepted that Materazzi insulted Zidanes family, prior to the infamous headbutt.

On a weekly basis, we see players whom retaliate being the ones dished out with severe punishments, whilst initial aggressors get off scott-free.

Taking these examples on board, why should we be expecting Evra to get a harsher sentence?

I think we all know that Suarez (he of the black grandfather) isn't a racist, but we've moved from Negrita/Negrito being used as some local colloquialism, to the actual word Negro.

They used a number of linguistic experts used in this case, all of whom dismissed Suarez's defence as not really appropriate use of the term, specifically of the term that Suarez admitted using.

I think a lot of fans jumped the gun here, myself included. I'm still confused by it all. There is no doubt that Suarez used racial language, which needs to be punished, and there is no doubt that he isn't racist.

Unfortunately as football fans, we're just not used to dealing with grey areas, and this case is very much a shade of grey.

8 games is a ridiculous punishment, but that's what happens when we make ourselves out to be the leading light across the world, when it comes to fighting racism.

Plenty of people are kicking the boot in, racism is such a delicate issue

only in this fucking pathetic country it is. Is 'racist' behaviour any more deplorable than anti semitic behaviour or ridiculing someone because they are disabled, overweight, skinny, ginger, small, tall, religious, homosexual etc etc

Despite massive improvements over the years in this country & America it remains a taboo subject. It has become a glorified subject while other equally nasty slurs against particular groups of people go ignored.

If Suarez had called Evra a queer, do you think there would have been such an uproar? Why not?

only in this fucking pathetic country it is. Is 'racist' behaviour any more deplorable than anti semitic behaviour or ridiculing someone because they are disabled, overweight, skinny, ginger, small, tall, religious, homosexual etc etc

Despite massive improvements over the years in this country & America it remains a taboo subject. It has become a glorified subject while other equally nasty slurs against particular groups of people go ignored.

If Suarez had called Evra a queer, do you think there would have been such an uproar? Why not?

Yes racist behaviour is worse than ridiculing someone because they're skinny, fat or ginger

I dont really know why I have to keep fucking pointing this out