You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How boss is Martin Skrtel.

LFC 6 Times

Lucas.

and hopefully henderson and carroll.

downing and adam are a bit older so should be closer to becoming the players they should be. we should really see what downing is capable of during the rest of this season. adam has been decent this season - the odd very good game, the odd very poor game but mostly alright. next season we'll see what he's all about.

it might take henderson and carroll another 2 years to reach a level we can all say we're happy with. they've had more bad games than good but they're learning all the time from playing and you can see they've developed since they've come here albeit they've had to go back to the very beginning.

I remember Dracco and myself getting slaughtered in my "preferred CB pairing" thread when the Carrapologists (see what I did there?) couldn't wait to put the boot in regarding Skrtel. Would be interesting to hear their views where Carra stands in the ranks of our best defenders now. I think he's 4th or 5th personally, and only his club legend status gets him games ahead of Coates (and maybe even Kelly). Would be nice if he could play the LC final, and maybe even lift the trophy, then phase him out so that we can start next season with Coates as a real alternative to our present imperious CB pairing.

and hopefully henderson and carroll.

downing and adam are a bit older so should be closer to becoming the players they should be. we should really see what downing is capable of during the rest of this season. adam has been decent this season - the odd very good game, the odd very poor game but mostly alright. next season we'll see what he's all about.

it might take henderson and carroll another 2 years to reach a level we can all say we're happy with. they've had more bad games than good but they're learning all the time from playing and you can see they've developed since they've come here albeit they've had to go back to the very beginning.

Good point, Lucas and Skrtle have really shown what can happen when you get a run in the team and have some confidence shown in you from management. I really really didn't see that happening with both of those lads but I'm delighted to see it.

Think Carroll and Henderson are getting the same protection from Kenny and Clarke right now. Lets hope they repay it. The signs are encouraging from Carroll right now.

Guest Pistonbroke

Have to hold my hands up and say I thought he was a liability and clumsy last season. But the lad has been good this season alongside a fit Agger, long may it continue.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

First Skrtel thread I could find.

Don't know if he wants to leave but he wasn't omitted today because of it.

Martin Skrtel: "We wanted to show our fans that we are capable of winning against Chelsea and I guess we showed them just that. If we had more luck it could have been even better. Now we play our last game against Swansea but I will not take part in this game since I underwent a minor surgery. There was still a small fracture in my nose so the doctors did repair it."

Guest San Don

Would be gutted if Skrtel left. But after the klingon's gaffe today, I could see why city could be in for him.

And if the stories are true about him wanting CL football....................................