You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Time to say enough is enough now?

Agger and Skertl seem to be playing well together and even Jamie admits it won't be long. So how about he learns from The King himself and get his coaching badges and get into management ?

I fail to see for what reason you have started this monumentally stupid thread.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agger and Skrtel playing superbly yesterday and have done so now for the last 2-3 games.

Carragher has been playing superbly for the last 10 years.

Still the best defender at the club in my opinion.

I think Agger's the best defender at the club.

Skrtel shouldn't be dropped either imo as he's in great form.

It's up to Carra to get back in the side now, but should he call it a day? Fuck no.

I think Agger's the best defender at the club.

Skrtel shouldn't be dropped either imo as he's in great form.

It's up to Carra to get back in the side now, but should he call it a day? Fuck no.

Bingo!

Someone will get injured sooner or later and then its up to him to claim his place back. He has a year or two left in him yet.

Easily got two to three years left at the top level. We never wanted Sami to leave as he was still immense, point being, Carra will get back in at some point because of an injury or suspension.Then he has to keep his place. Great player, great ambassador and a great example of a professional. Christmas parties not included

Thread-wise, Carra is the new Rafa.

That is, whatever your opinion, someone's going to shit on it.

Also non-thread wise.

Still a great player but think it's time to stick with Skrtl & Agger.

A true legend! The impression I've got of him is that he's the type of player that will never want to stop playing, so the bench could be a little tough on him. But I certainly hope that he's still here a couple of years from now, playing just enough matches for that title medal/trophy.

'cos there's nobody that deserves it more than him (and Gerrard of course).

Also from what I've read about him in articles and interviews is that he's a total football geek! He follows everything everywhere. Knows all kinds of trivial facts within the game. So if you take this extreme interest in football, his leadership and instructional abilities. Add his playing brain and experience, that would probably make one helluva manager! Hope that he does get some kind of player/coaching role in the club.

Agger and Skertl seem to be playing well together and even Jamie admits it won't be long. So how about he learns from The King himself and get his coaching badges and get into management ?

FA Cup Final 2012 ,1-0 up against the mancs. 20 mins left, Agger is injured, we look to the bench and we have Carra there.

How would you feel? Confident or terrified?

I'd be punching the air.

By 2014 it might be different, but he is the best defender we have and you want him to retire.

Personally I'd have started with him, but I was just using a worst case scenario.

Do supporters of other clubs rush to write off players as quickly as we do at Liverpool?

Nothing changed after yesterday. Carra had missed the previous couple of games; in those games we'd kept clean sheets and defended well, therefore the manager stuck with those in possession of the shirts and they didn't let him down.

This wasn't any kind of statement from Dalglish and it definitely shouldn't be taken as some sort of indication that Carra's been written off by the manager who, in actual fact, never misses an opprtunity to praise him for what he brings to the club.

Carra's preparing for the end of his playing days, as all players do when they get to a certain stage of their career, and that's why he's taking his coaching badges. But lets not rush him out of the team before his time is up. You don't achieve what he's achieved in the game and suddenly become uselss just because you've put another year on the clock.

Do supporters of other clubs rush to write off players as quickly as we do at Liverpool?

Nothing changed after yesterday. Carra had missed the previous couple of games; in those games we'd kept clean sheets and defended well, therefore the manager stuck with those in possession of the shirts and they didn't let him down.

This wasn't any kind of statement from Dalglish and it definitely shouldn't be taken as some sort of indication that Carra's been written off by the manager who, in actual fact, never misses an opprtunity to praise him for what he brings to the club.

Carra's preparing for the end of his playing days, as all players do when they get to a certain stage of their career, and that's why he's taking his coaching badges. But lets not rush him out of the team before his time is up. You don't achieve what he's achieved in the game and suddenly become uselss just because you've put another year on the clock.

Not when you had no pace to start with.

EDIT: I'm not say Carra was always slow just that pace was never one of his strengths.

Agger and Skrtel playing superbly yesterday and have done so now for the last 2-3 games.

Carragher has been playing superbly for the last 10 years.

Still the best defender at the club in my opinion.

Fourth best CB after Coates, Agger and Skrtel. However, he can still play a role and be a positive influence. Important to keep mature players at the club. He is a great player to send on when we are defending a 1 - 0 lead with ten minutes to go.

He still has something to offer the first team, is great to have in the squad and he's already getting his coaching badges if I remember rightly.

Norwich prick.

Such a way with words especially if someone does not agree with you. IMHO he has got slower in speed, but yes he has a yard or two in his head, but at times he has come unstuck against some players and he has made mistakes and given away quite a lot more fouls.

Live on sentiment if you wish to, but i hate to see a legend like him carrying on and being shown up.

And also where have i said retire now? Can someone point the words out to me please. I was unaware he has passed his coaching badges so that is that step out of the way to becoming manager. I would love him to become a manager, and also think he could learn one hell of a lot from Kenny

And also where have i said retire now? Can someone point the words out to me please.

Does that answer your question? Or are you a Donna Summer fan and were thinking out loud?

Fourth best CB after Coates, Agger and Skrtel.

Coates is better than Carragher. And you've based this on what exactly?

He may be a good defender, and may well be better than Carra one day, but to say that now is ludicrous. In fact, I regret dignifying it with a response.

Coates is better than Carragher. And you've based this on what exactly?

He may be a good defender, and may well be better than Carra one day, but to say that now is ludicrous. In fact, I regret dignifying it with a response.

I've based it on him being faster, taller, stronger, better in the air and with the ball at his feet. He also won the South American Championship with Uruguay and was named the young player of the tournament.

Don't worry your idiotic response did not dignify my post.

Course he shouldn't retire but at same time he shouldn't start a match unless we are up against it because of injury or form. Hyypia played on for longer as he is a more intelligent footballer and was never blessed with pace in the first place so positionally he always had to be spot on. Carra is a different type and it'll be a long time before we see the likes of his blood and thunder last ditch do or die defender, but they are usually the first to lose form. He has been found wanting several times so far this season imo. But retire? No!

Such a way with words especially if someone does not agree with you. IMHO he has got slower in speed, but yes he has a yard or two in his head, but at times he has come unstuck against some players and he has made mistakes and given away quite a lot more fouls.

Live on sentiment if you wish to, but i hate to see a legend like him carrying on and being shown up.

Have you ever even seen Carra play? or are you drawing these conclusions based on You tube clips and newspaper articles?

Shown up? you would know all about that.

Guest ShoePiss

What are you on about, live on sentiment? He's in the squad on fucking merit. He isn't at his peak any more (which was one of the best defenders in Europe) but he's still a very valuable player to have and can still offer us plenty.

It's always the wools and out of towners isn't it? Agger finally strings a few games together without shattering into a thousand pieces and Skrtel has a few good games and it's get lost Carra, we don't need you, stop embarrassing yourself, blah blah blah.

Guest ShoePiss
I've based it on him being faster, taller, stronger, better in the air and with the ball at his feet. He also won the South American Championship with Uruguay and was named the young player of the tournament.

Stick to rugby or kangaroo hunting via helicopter.

He's been on the slide for a couple of years now and obviously wouldn't be first choice at any other top club at this stage of his career, but he's been a fantastic player for us. A great player to have as backup, and playing less games might just benefit us when he does feature - I don't think the likes of Scholes and Giggs would have been nearly as good in their final seasons if employed on a week in, week out basis.

You don't know what you've got until it's gone!

Oh, right. Well we can do that all day. A comparison of Coates in the Copa America with how Carragher is doing in the Premier league is not a good one, though.

Unless you've seen him in more than 5 matches?

He is taller though, I'll give you that.

By the way, and I am not diminishing his achievements or his potential, but Lugano was absolutely outstanding every match he played in that tournament. I'm not saying Coates didn't do well, but to be honest Dominic Matteo would have looked good playing next to that man-mountain.

If we were basing ability purely on how players performed in the Copa America, Messi is useless and Lugano is the best player in the world. Who was playing for Fenerbache at the time. He may be at Barca or Madrid now though...