You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

mht1892

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how deep down alot of you know the weakness with this team, but think if you close your eyes, they will disappear.

The problem with Liverpool is lack of creativity. Liverpool is a dogged team, hence why they did so well against us and man u. But your lack of creativity will mean you will drop alot more points against the smaller teams.

The team is one paced. yesterday was another game where the lack of creativity and movement stood out. now i expect to hear its just a friendly, means nothing. But its been a feature of Liverpool all season.

Next 3 games look easy on paper and I think this is the time you will realise these problems. i expect Norwich to give you a wake up call

I love how deep down alot of you know the weakness with this team, but think if you close your eyes, they will disappear.

The problem with Liverpool is lack of creativity. Liverpool is a dogged team, hence why they did so well against us and man u. But your lack of creativity will mean you will drop alot more points against the smaller teams.

The team is one paced. yesterday was another game where the lack of creativity and movement stood out. now i expect to hear its just a friendly, means nothing. But its been a feature of Liverpool all season.

Next 3 games look easy on paper and I think this is the time you will realise these problems. i expect Norwich to give you a wake up call

Agree with most of that unfortunately.

Norwich are no bad side - as they showed against Utd - and I expect them to stay up this season. But we'll beat them this weekend.

I love how this no mark cunt is such an expert on all things lfc. Even watches our fucking friendlys.

Do you even follow Arsenal any more? Or since they're bottling shit cunts you decided to ignore them until they started being good again?

He's here for a bit of a laugh he said the other day. But people really shouldn't feed the troll as he fishes for a reaction and gets one every time without fail.

That said, when he's not acting like a child, he has one or two decent observations.

People can take the piss about this game all they like, personally I see it as important, we need more of them during the season, how else are our squad players going to get playing time so they can be ready if we finally use a few of them during a PL game.

I said in the debate about if we should get into Europe or not that if we lost out I feared we would get too few games and it would give us an disadvantage in our league campaign.

Going by every match report there is we were poor and it should be a concern, we have played 17 games including pre-season this season and if someone suggested we have played 3 good games among them he would be stretching it.

Thats the reality.

Some fair points.

I never subscribed to the theory that being out of Europe was good because it enabled us to concentrate on the league.

The question is whther Kenny could have achieved more at Mellwood than he could have achieved at Ibrox - that's a judgement call.

For me the acquisition of Carroll, Adam and Downing is to get us back into the Europa, no more. To excel in the Cl we would need to upgrade again.

We've beaten Arsenal at the Emirates, we've beaten Everton at Goodison, we've beaten Wolves and Bolton, who are 'lesser' teams that we would struggle against as Abs suggests. For me it's about picking up points early on until we have what would be our best starting 11 fit and playing well together, findng a midfield that works best together and stay in touch with the top 4.

The flowing pass and move footy will eventually come back, I just don't see the point of foaming at the mouth over this shitty friendly.

We've beaten Arsenal at the Emirates, we've beaten Everton at Goodison, we've beaten Wolves and Bolton, who are 'lesser' teams that we would struggle against as Abs suggests. For me it's about picking up points early on until we have what would be our best starting 11 fit and playing well together, findng a midfield that works best together and stay in touch with the top 4.

The flowing pass and move footy will eventually come back, I just don't see the point of foaming at the mouth over this shitty friendly.

We do lack creativity though, Cliff. And probably a bit of pace also. Both those traits are crucial to breaking down teams who park buses.

It's not all doom and gloom by any stretch but we really need to grind out a few results while the team is gelling.

We do lack creativity though, Cliff. And probably a bit of pace also. Both those traits are crucial to breaking down teams who park buses.

It's not all doom and gloom by any stretch but we really need to grind out a few results while the team is gelling.

But the issue with find fast, super creative players, is our current position. If we can grind our way into the top 4 this season, we have better chance of getting people to want to play for us cos we can offer champions league footy. I don't believe that, 'we're LFC, people want to play for us because of history etc' is a valid thing anymore. I'd be happy with us to get top 4 this season then kick on from that next season.

and Maxi needs more game time!

watch Liverpool friendly games? I think you saw the result and a few posts on here and are just guessing what happened

I love how this no mark cunt is such an expert on all things lfc. Even watches our fucking friendlys.

Do you even follow Arsenal any more? Or since they're bottling shit cunts you decided to ignore them until they started being good again?

You dont really need to be an expert to see the limititations of our team so far this season.

We have not lost at home yet, but we have already got 2 draws after 4 games, just to compare it to something, after 10 games with Hodgson in charge at Anfield we got 6 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses.

The sad thing though is not the amount of points we have dropped already, but our performances compared to the second half of last season under Dalglish, we played far better football than what we are doing right now and to me the answer is obvious as to why as well.

We have lost some of our off the ball movement, we seem much more pedestrian and we do not create much during games and we allow ourselves to be caught on the backfoot way too much.

These things need to change and every game you try to look for positives and they are there at times, but the negatives usually outwheigh them and the overall performance can only be labelled as poor.

The MF mebers say this place is full of mongs.

Yet I have only been insulted / found MF members the ones who can't seem to debate on here in Silverlining and Skid.

Anyway back to the game.

Thought Coates looked good, as did Agger. When we made the changes in the second half bringing on Adam and Downing in particular made a signifcant difference and we looked the better team when that happened.

Bellamy for me is far more effective wide than he is central. Against Norwich I'd like to see Bellamy and Downing on the flanks.

I also thought Maxi looked good in patches, he must be pushing for a place in the first team. Would rather see him wide than someone like Henderson, who looks far more effective centrally - as we saw against United when he was very impressive when he came on.

Carroll didn't do enough to justify starting against Norwich.