You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Former members, Future members and members who will never be.

Sugar Ape

Just curious really about a few things after reading the other thread.

I was wondering why some good posters who used to be Gold members haven't renewed? People like NV, Big Green Bastard, Shoepiss, Anny Road, TK-421( I know you have posted why in the other thread ) etc...

And of course why a few posters who are on here a lot have never joined at all?

I don't mean this to have a go at anyone just genuinely curious and I know not everyone can afford it or maybe they have joined and found the MF to not be as good as they hoped.

Can we try not to let this descend into arguments and name calling please, if you feel you can't post without having a go at someone then just leave it, or at least try and put your point across respectfully.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well for me, I don't really post that often, and I tend to post in fits and starts. I also have this image in my head of the MF being like Keys and Gray on talkshite, where it's just a load of mates agreeing with each other and patting each other on the back.

I don't really know what this is based on, other than the fact that paid members are always on here saying "this is why I stick to the MF these days", or "it's not like this on the MF".

And finally, the fact that, as you mention, a few of the posters I always enjoyed reading have let their memberships expire, leaving me to assume that the MF isn't that great either.

I don't go on any other forums these days, But I'm developing more of a liking for the GF.

You should have suggested this thread is an amnesty, in order to prevent the usual cunts from being neg-happy.

Well for me, I don't really post that often, and I tend to post in fits and starts. I also have this image in my head of the MF being like Keys and Gray on talkshite, where it's just a load of mates agreeing with each other and patting each other on the back.

I don't really know what this is based on, other than the fact that paid members are always on here saying "this is why I stick to the MF these days", or "it's not like this on the MF".

And finally, the fact that, as you mention, a few of the posters I always enjoyed reading have let their memberships expire, leaving me to assume that the MF isn't that great either.

I don't go on any other forums these days, But I'm developing more of a liking for the GF.

You should have suggested this thread is an amnesty, in order to prevent the usual cunts from being neg-happy.

Yeah have it as an amnesty thread then, as long as people aren't abusive I see no need to neg. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Some fair points there, it's not like that on the MF really, people disagree all the time. The main difference is abuse isn't tolerated on there, so there are less threads descending into everyone being called a cunt.

Membership isn't about the MF, it's about contributing to the cost of running the site and goes back to long before the MF was introduced. The membership fee is not for access to the MF, although that does come with it, and the reason the MF is there is to filter out the WUMs, not the poor.

Membership isn't about the MF, it's about contributing to the cost of running the site and goes back to long before the MF was introduced. The membership fee is not for access to the MF, although that does come with it, and the reason the MF is there is to filter out the WUMs, not the poor.

Yeah that is all true, and I, like many others, used to donate a bit before the membership was introduced. But clearly, some members do only pay to access the MF, which is fine. It is a pretty big bonus.

For many, myself included, I'd say that the perception of membership has strayed away from this and has become more about neg/rep privileges and the MF.

Yeah that is all true, and I, like many others, used to donate a bit before the membership was introduced. But clearly, some members do only pay to access the MF, which is fine. It is a pretty big bonus.

For many, myself included, I'd say that the perception of membership has strayed away from this and has become more about neg/rep privileges and the MF.

I don't disagree, just making an ideological point that it's not all about snooty negging bastards.

This is a brilliant answer. and the correct one.

I rarely post but I constantly renew my ST, it's a good forum and I enjoy reading the views of the posters on there. Won't lie, there are a few people who post that I generally skip as I find them dull/repetitive but overall the quality of the posters are very good.

Had it when it first started but spent less and less time on here due to being busy at work and having a new baby and never really got back into it so let it lapse. As the banner at the top keeps on reminding me, my paid subs expired on the 26 June 2009. Is there any way to remove that?

I feel that the MF has ruined the FF quite a lot as there are so many twats that post on the FF that every other word is cunt and someone slagging someone else off for having an opinion that I just can't be bothered with it all. Most of the decent poster are members and spend less time on the FF because of the idiots.

Come on here to catch up on football news that I may have missed and try and get a bit of inside info that's going on in the world of LFC, not to argue with people.

I feel that the MF has ruined the FF quite a lot as there are so many twats that post on the FF that every other word is cunt and someone slagging someone else off for having an opinion that I just can't be bothered with it all. Most of the decent poster are members and spend less time on the FF because of the idiots.

I feel the opposite. The turbo-mongs are mostly in gold, it's nice to NOT have their posts here.

Most of the rows on the FF includes a gold 'member'.

I feel the opposite. The turbo-mongs are mostly in gold, it's nice to NOT have their posts here.

Most of the rows on the FF includes a gold 'member'.

I disagree Captain, I didn't renew my ST for over a month and the FF was hell. It's full of argumentative gobshites who don't know how to debate without insulting people.

The people who pay their subscription fee do not want to be trudging through thread after thread of insults when there should be good debate. There is an element of self policing on here and on The MF this works well and it is discussed when LFD cries like a big girl.

On the FF it seems some people have serious problems with other people having an opinion and not agreeing with what they say. There is more of a chance of arguments on here because of the history of the last two regimes.

It's become clear to me that your not allowed to change your opinion with hindsight from what it was, say 14 months ago. Look at the responses I received due to not being 100% pro Rafa anymore because I have found things out away from here since he went. I got accused of warning my stripes.

It's ridiculous. People need to take a step back and realise that people can still debate even though people may not agree with them.

There are some snide comments about The MF and ST is also quote a bit out of order. There are some of the best posters who are ST holders who stopped posting on the FF because it became intolerable. This us and them needs to stop, or if you don't like it, go and post on RAWK or another forum. Don't sit here and complain and do nothing about it.

I disagree Captain, I didn't renew my ST for over a month and the FF was hell. It's full of argumentative gobshites who don't know how to debate without insulting people.

The people who pay their subscription fee do not want to be trudging through thread after thread of insults when there should be good debate. There is an element of self policing on here and on The MF this works well and it is discussed when LFD cries like a big girl.

On the FF it seems some people have serious problems with other people having an opinion and not agreeing with what they say. There is more of a chance of arguments on here because of the history of the last two regimes.

It's become clear to me that your not allowed to change your opinion with hindsight from what it was, say 14 months ago. Look at the responses I received due to not being 100% pro Rafa anymore because I have found things out away from here since he went. I got accused of warning my stripes.

It's ridiculous. People need to take a step back and realise that people can still debate even though people may not agree with them.

There are some snide comments about The MF and ST is also quote a bit out of order. There are some of the best posters who are ST holders who stopped posting on the FF because it became intolerable. This us and them needs to stop, or if you don't like it, go and post on RAWK or another forum. Don't sit here and complain and do nothing about it.

Good post Skids. There are some annoying posters on the MF, just as there are some on the FF. What you don't get on the MF are the blatant Wums and the level of debate is better on there, not because the paying members are better than the non paying, but because there are less people on a windup and abusive behaviour isn't tolerated. I don't get why some people have to pigeon hole all Gold members or all Red members. We are all members of the site after all and should try to get along.