You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest LFD

While I agree it's much easier to get a complete picture of the match when you're in the ground, I don't see how 'going the game' can be used as a stick to beat people with when they're offering football opinions. Just because you can afford to pay the ridiculous match day prices at a modern football game does not make you a better football supporter, nor does it mean you are more knowledgeable. Plenty of dickheads go to the match, quite a few of them - in my experience - just to moan, and carry with them an extra sense of entitlement because they've paid to get in.

The Everton analogy is wrong IMO.

Those of us with Evertonian family or mates don't always hate Everton.

I don't hate Everton,I don't want to think we are competing with them,I hate Man U because I want to think that we are competing with them instead.

Besides the bluenoses hate it when you treat them as an irrelevance.

Everyone from Liverpool will have family and friends who are Evertonians. Still doesn't mean they can't be cunts when it comes to footy. Conversely, when Everton were challenging us in the league and cups in the 80's there was less hatred around. The lower they have fallen the worse they have got, and most of them genuinely hate us. Fuck them.

Everyone from Liverpool will have family and friends who are Evertonians. Still doesn't mean they can't be cunts when it comes to footy. Conversely, when Everton were challenging us in the league and cups in the 80's there was less hatred around. The lower they have fallen the worse they have got, and most of them genuinely hate us. Fuck them.

Like I intimated,why even give them the recognition,I wont.

Aye. When I was a kid people in my nan's road used to put the team photos of everton or Liverpool in the window on cup final day if they were playing, regardless of who they supported, because it was 'your big day'.

Seems like a different life.

I see this is in direct response to me saying it to you on the Spurs thread.

You pulled out the petty 'i say on the MF but you wouldnt know about that' to which I thought was pretty funny considering you dont even go the games, like posting in a members bit online on a forum gives you more clout.

You go the game your opinion counts more to me and a hell of a lot of people. I migh not agree with you but if you go your entitled to think what you want.

Well, a big part of football is the rivalry. If you want to ignore/like our rivals that's fine. I don't.

Haha,I never said I like either of them I just regard Everton as a minor distraction as Utd are at where I want us to be or at least aspire to be while the bluenoses are happy to be the middle of the road club they are and would give their arms to be where we are.

I see this is in direct response to me saying it to you on the Spurs thread.

You pulled out the petty 'i say on the MF but you wouldnt know about that' to which I thought was pretty funny considering you dont even go the games, like posting in a members bit online on a forum gives you more clout.

You go the game your opinion counts more to me and a hell of a lot of people. I migh not agree with you but if you go your entitled to think what you want.

Your serious aint you? Very clouded view that mate. We saw how shite we were on tv just aswell as you. I believe your have more rights to be pissed off as you paid to watch.

Guest ShoePiss
Go the game.

What does it even mean?

Where and when do you start the count?

It means going to the games on a regular basis

This season would be a good place to start the count.

What is the point in counting my games from the 80's to 2001 and then a couple of games a season after that? It isn't relevant to today's team.

Go the game.

What does it even mean?

Where and when do you start the count?

Good point, actually. My interpretation of it is at least 8 games a season, especially in the current climate. Definitely think you can make better judgements on players/performances if you've seen it live. Don't neccesarily think it makes you a better fan, people can't help where they're born and some people aren't as lucky as I was, for example, to have had a dad/grandad to take you to the game.

Guest ShoePiss
SO what is regular basis?

82.80974354% of the home games, 20.234532453423% of the aways.

99.99345345345345% of fans' opinions do not count.

Getting wet yet?

So if someone goes to 6 games while another one go to 9 and they watch all the other games on TV, the one who went to 9 will be able to form a better opinion than the other one?

Thats obviously not the case but it shows how ridiculous it is to use it as some kind of measuring tool.

Guest ShoePiss
So if someone goes to 6 games while another one go to 9 and they watch all the other games on TV, the one who went to 9 will be able to form a better opinion than the other one?

Thats obviously not the case but it shows how ridiculous it is to use it as some kind of measuring tool.

I agree with that.

P.S regular basis is far more games than you go to.

I've got mates who have barely missed a game for years, I've got no problem admitting they are a better supporter then me because I only mostly go to home games with 1 or 2 aways per year. Of course they are a better supporter then me for that reason, I never get how people say you can't call yourself a better supporter when you go the games regularly because at the end of the day that is supporting them in the truest sense.

Now whether that means that you get a better idea of the game is up for debate because you see things on both sides that the others don't.

I've got mates who have barely missed a game for years, I've got no problem admitting they are a better supporter then me because I only mostly go to home games with 1 or 2 aways per year. Of course they are a better supporter then me for that reason, I never get how people say you can't call yourself a better supporter when you go the games regularly because at the end of the day that is supporting them in the truest sense.

Now whether that means that you get a better idea of the game is up for debate because you see things on both sides that the others don't.

Some people (i.e me) can't viably get to all the games, doesn't make me a worse supporter than some scally who manages to scab tickets to every game to shout abuse at the players.