You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'd definitely be starting him in Brazil. When the other midfielders are dropping like flies he'll still be running. Jordan 'Duracell Bunny' Henderson.

I'd tell him to man mark Pirlo in that first game.

I always liked his engine and his attitude, they were never in question.  It is not unreasonable for people to question players, it is fucking unreasonable for people to just get blinkered and entrenched in their views.  .

We to a man should give an honest unbiased opinion, not one that is entrenched.  He was fucking fantastic on Sunday and is still very young.  He has shown great attitude in playing any position he has been chose to play and always gave his all.  I like him and love players with that attitude, especially ones blessed with talent, which he has.

• Upvote 2

I always liked his engine and his attitude, they were never in question.  It is not unreasonable for people to question players, it is fucking unreasonable for people to just get blinkered and entrenched in their views.  .

We to a man should give an honest unbiased opinion, not one that is entrenched.  He was fucking fantastic on Sunday and is still very young.  He has shown great attitude in playing any position he has been chose to play and always gave his all.  I like him and love players with that attitude, especially ones blessed with talent, which he has.

bang on the money 

The thing about Henderson is he always had the talent, he showed it in his first season in glimpses - and I said as much on here at the time.  It was just a question of time when it all came together and given a run in the side, some extra confidence it is no surprise he is flourishing.

LFD - the lone "Henderson isn't crap" voice in the wilderness for many a year.  His light shines the way.  

I get plenty wrong, but I was right with Henderson.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

There's a big difference between doubting whether a young player has what it takes to cut it for us, and showering him with abuse like many did on here with Henderson.  It was bang out of order, and there's a few should hang their fucking heads in shame.  Even if he doesn't make the highest grade with us, he's shown he's got bottle.  Loads of it.  The spud bashing on Sunday will have given him a huge confidence boost, hopefully he will sustain that now.

It'll be interesting to see if Hendo & Allen can both sustain that level.

• Upvote 2

I still assert that he is shit and everyone is caught up in hype for no reason at all other than he plays for us. I'll argue anyone that says otherwise into a cocked hat.

He was great at the weekend Dennis, even you must see that through the fog of jaundice.  

I'm not convinced he can play at that level week in week out yet, but he's definitely improved - that was his best performance since he left Sunderland.  

• Upvote 1

He was great at the weekend Dennis, even you must see that through the fog of jaundice.  

I'm not convinced he can play at that level week in week out yet, but he's definitely improved - that was his best performance since he left Sunderland.  

I cant disagree with that like and its not necessarily an issue, theres the Darren Feltcher's and Tom Cleverlians mmm tastes a bit Reo Cokerish too, I could go on with ten shades of shite and plenty of them jobbing jobbie jobbers won loads of trophies banged birds u wudnt believe and made gosh dosh and got posh off such things so its not to say nonetheless boys will be boys an all tha am jus sayin like, Spurs had chadli and some other woppa for the last two goals not to take anything away like but lets not get whisked away anywhere exotic on the back of it, its like sitting on a cat and expecting it to run round with you on its back, we've done well and everyone played their part and you do need bread for the reformed ham slice with turkey nasal linings basted on.

I cant disagree with that like and its not necessarily an issue, theres the Darren Feltcher's and Tom Cleverlians mmm tastes a bit Reo Cokerish too, I could go on with ten shades of shite and plenty of them jobbing jobbie jobbers won loads of trophies banged birds u wudnt believe and made gosh dosh and got posh off such things so its not to say nonetheless boys will be boys an all tha am jus sayin like, Spurs had chadli and some other woppa for the last two goals not to take anything away like but lets not get whisked away anywhere exotic on the back of it, its like sitting on a cat and expecting it to run round with you on its back, we've done well and everyone played their part and you do need bread for the reformed ham slice with turkey nasal linings basted on.

Absolutely.

**   Brendan Rodgers:- "Henderson a great buy"

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has hailed his predecessor Kenny Dalglish, for the purchase of midfielder Jordan Henderson.

"he's 6' 1" can run all day and is technically very strong"    **

Money well spent it seems. Maybe this very timely statement by Rodgers is not only great PR, but also accurate.

This should put the debate to bed.