You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I’ve just been thinking about it whilst watching a Damien Comolli interview on SSN, do you think any of the current signing are actually ones he would have suggested?

When he first came it looked as though we would go under some kind of French/French League revolution but we’ve only signed British players (outfield players). I know at Tottenham he did sign some British players (Huddlestone, Bale, Bentley to name but a few) but like I said when he was first appointed under Roy Hodgson the players we seemed to be linked with were mainly foreign.

Obviously I prefer King Kenny making all the decisions when it comes to signing players but I can’t help but think had Roy Hodgson’s tenure not been as disastrous, he’d of stayed on until the end of the season and we’d of got a more European style manager, who would just coach the players Comolli bought.

So my main question is what is the point in Damien Comolli under a head strong manager like The King?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comolli has a lot of contacts he's one of those people who has a detailed knowlege of footballers worldwide, knows all the agents, chairmen,owners etc, knows who's earning what and how long their contact has left on it. He is also dealing with transfer fees and wages and contracts at our club, agents I would think have to phone Comolli and not Kenny so he can just get on with running the team. Any signings are a joint decision between Kenny, Comolli and the americans.

Also the americans want some continuity so if Kenny leaves there is someone still left making footballing decisions who's name is not Purslow. The americans keep telling us they have a long term plan and Comolli is here to oversee that plan

Comolli has a lot of contacts he's one of those people who has a detailed knowlege of footballers worldwide, knows all the agents, chairmen,owners etc, knows who's earning what and how long their contact has left on it. He is also dealing with transfer fees and wages and contracts at our club, agents I would think have to phone Comolli and not Kenny so he can just get on with running the team. Any signings are a joint decision between Kenny, Comolli and the americans.

Also the americans want some continuity so if Kenny leaves there is someone still left making footballing decisions who's name is not Purslow. The americans keep telling us they have a long term plan and Comolli is here to oversee that plan

Well that answers all my questions, I didn’t think about it like that.

Like most clubs sign say 15 players over the time a manager is at the club, and then a new manager comes in decides that he doesn’t want those players and needs to sign another 15. Yeah now I see the point in him, makes perfect sense.

Well that answers all my questions, I didn’t think about it like that.

Like most clubs sign say 15 players over the time a manager is at the club, and then a new manager comes in decides that he doesn’t want those players and needs to sign another 15. Yeah now I see the point in him, makes perfect sense.

Look, if we're going to be witnesses to every fucking thing that confuses you, or doesn't make sense, Dave Usher is going to need a fucking bandwidth that stretches to fucking Pluto.

I’ve just been thinking about it whilst watching a Damien Comolli interview on SSN, do you think any of the current signing are actually ones he would have suggested?

When he first came it looked as though we would go under some kind of French/French League revolution but we’ve only signed British players (outfield players). I know at Tottenham he did sign some British players (Huddlestone, Bale, Bentley to name but a few) but like I said when he was first appointed under Roy Hodgson the players we seemed to be linked with were mainly foreign.

Obviously I prefer King Kenny making all the decisions when it comes to signing players but I can’t help but think had Roy Hodgson’s tenure not been as disastrous, he’d of stayed on until the end of the season and we’d of got a more European style manager, who would just coach the players Comolli bought.

So my main question is what is the point in Damien Comolli under a head strong manager like The King?

I would say Jordan signing was one of his.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I suspect he has the final say on transfer limits for individual players. If that's true, he's already overpaid for several players, showing his inexperience.

Fucking hell.

Guest Jon Snow

So i am not sure when to neg people ? If i think there point is utter shit is that when i neg or just to people who are abusive ?

I don't want to be someone who negs people for a fair view , just wondering like.

What is the point of Comolli? To waste Henry's money, it seems. He was feted as a guy who bought bargains to Spurs but I haven't seen any of this for Liverpool. He's just made us into a bunch of mugs that don't bother to negotiate and simply pay whatever any club demands for their players.

I imagine Comolli's transfer dealings go something like this:

DC: How much for Andy Carroll?

Mike Ashley: £20M *secretly hopes Liverpool offer at least £15M*

DC: We'll give you £35M and not a penny more

Mike Ashley: I reluctantly accept your offer *YES!!!*

Guest Jon Snow

OMG peer pressure its taking over me !!!!

NO i can't every one has been so nice to me since I joined I don't want to be negative , Karma and all that.

The OP is just trying to get some chat going just picked wrong topic , its to early to be questioning any ones position at the club they ain't even had one full season yet.I mean I know the days go past slow but in life you just gotta enjoy the ride more rather then question every single thing , it will make you got nuts in end.

Guest Jon Snow
What is the point of Comolli? To waste Henry's money, it seems. He was feted as a guy who bought bargains to Spurs but I haven't seen any of this for Liverpool. He's just made us into a bunch of mugs that don't bother to negotiate and simply pay whatever any club demands for their players.

Ok that is low negged.

I mean who the hell are you to question with such contempt any one at our club more so someone with such a important role.I mean the job he does isn't an easy one not something you just walk into he has worked hard to gain loads and loads of contacts around the world and I think he is doing a pretty good job so far.Be more positive lad try it go on a dare ya.

You really think the board would let the club spend that much money on one player without sanctioning it?

Fuck sake.

Guest Jon Snow

Maybe ...

One thing to question someone at the club another to make them seem moronic just to score points on a forum.Ain't much respect in the world today.