You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

No more British players

Sloan

Please. The England team are crap for a reason. It's because their players are largely rubbish. And Scotland are even worse.

A midfield of Adam, Henderson and Downing is filling me with dread. Something I'd expect from an Aston Villa or Sunderland. Thankfully we still have one of the better English players in Gerrard.

Hopefully the rest of our shopping will be done abroad where purchases are generally cheaper and of better quality.

More Suarez's, less Downing's please Kenny.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Chimp
Please. The England team are crap for a reason. It's because their players are largely rubbish. And Scotland are even worse.

A midfield of Adam, Henderson and Downing is filling me with dread. Something I'd expect from an Aston Villa or Sunderland. Thankfully we still have one of the better English players in Gerrard.

Hopefully the rest of our shopping will be done abroad where purchases are generally cheaper and of better quality.

39968032_cool_gif.gif

You can't even express an opinion without getting jumped on. No matter, I know many Reds agree with me but just fear going against the grain.

I will be proven right come end of season and most people also know it. When we're competing against the 5 teams that finished ahead of us last season, we need a better pool of players to best them.

What a positive collection of words you have used.

Full of confidence in the managers transfer. And your optimism for the coming season is surely of the scale.

Some on here really haven't got a clue have they!

Fuck off

Guest TK-421
We'll be re-signing Konchesky at this rate.

If Kenny wants Konch back that's cool with me. I've got "These Dreams" on by Heart (not even their best song), nothing can ruin the mood.

Guest The Chimp
You can't even express an opinion without getting jumped on. No matter, I know many Reds agree with me but just fear going against the grain.

I will be proven right come end of season and most people also know it. When we're competing against the 5 teams that finished ahead of us last season, we need a better pool of players to best them.

So basically Kenny hasn't got a fucking clue eh? You also know for definite how the team wil do this season - you know what with us not having played a proper game yet? It's not a difference of opinion I mind it's the cliched England are shite ergo their players must be. Didn't seem to bother us under Bob or Kenny first time around when the national team was hardly pulling up trees. I mean who wouldn't have swapped Ossie Ardilles and Ricky Villa for Terry Mac and Ray Kennedy you know given how good Argentina were in comparison.

Edit. Deffo on a wind-up. I really hope so and the bods get on the case.

Seriously? Adam, Henderson, Downing (and probably Gerard) as a midfield 4 fills you with dread?

Tell me - what did a midfield of Maxi, Lucas, Spearing and Kuyt fill you with at the start of Kenny's tenure? Because I know I thought they weren't as good as they played under him as manager.

I find it amazing people are judging before they've kicked a ball for our club.

Why do people say this is a wind-up? If Roy signed all these players we'd all be having breakdowns. I've not said these are bad players. They will improve the squad but I just don't think they will take us any higher than what we achieved last season.

Sorry if that opinion offends people, I thought I was at a forum where such opinions could be freely expressed. Obviously I was wrong.

In isolation the players we have signed are above average fairly steady players in terms of the level of their ability and aren't anything to get too excited about. To take them in isolation though is to miss the point as what Kenny does is create a team ethic and the players he signs are the people who will fit into that. Look at the players below he won the league with:

Tim Flowers

Jeff Kenna

Tony Gale

Alan Wright

Tim Sherwood

Colin Hendry

Graeme Le Saux

Stuart Ripley

Paul Warhurst

David Batty

Mark Atkins

Chris Sutton

Alan Shearer

Jason Wilcox

Henning Berg

Robbie Slater

Ian Pearce

Kevin Gallacher

Mike Newell

On an individual level that squad is very poor and with the exception of Shearer, Berg and maybe Batty none of them had a top level career outside Blackburn. I would definitely say that while it's a different era our current squad possesses far more talent than that Blackburn team but they won the league and we spent half a season fighting relegation.

The reason they won the league is that Kenny knows how to create a team that is better than just the level of just the individuals in it and is doing that now.