You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Winning friends and influencing people. She should be able to refer to some specific polls though. Basic.

Yep. She should have quickly listed the most significant polls to back the general point that Trump is losing. I'm not sure how it all works, but are the people in the studio real journalists? Or do they just read the auto cue?

His rape trial starts on 15th September, how the fuck is he still in the running?

He'll spin it to the jury that this is only happening because he's sticking it to the man. But only the man, you understand. He doesn't stick it to women. Only if they consent.

From The Washington Examiner :

About an hour before Donald Trump made his joint statement with Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto, a strategist in Trump's extended circle saw success on the horizon.

"I bet they have a nice meeting where they both explain their positions and promise to talk further — it doesn't have to be any more complicated than that," the strategist explained. "If [Trump] just has a calm, behind-closed-doors meeting, has a photo taken, looks presidential, and gets out of town, that's a big win."

Indeed, it was a big win — a very big win — for Trump. Going into a meeting with the potential for disaster — who knew how Pena Nieto would receive the world's most controversial presidential candidate or what embarrassments might lie ahead? — Trump came out of the meeting looking very much like a potential President of the United States.

"I had a very open and constructive discussion with Donald Trump," Pena Nieto said. "Even though we may not agree on everything, I trust that together we will be able to find prosperity and security."

Not agree on everything? Before the meeting, it's fair to say that Pena Nieto and Trump didn't agree on much of anything — from the border wall to NAFTA to Trump's statements about Mexicans to Pena Nieto's statements about Trump. But after the meeting, the president and the candidate stood before the press like two world leaders calmly and rationally discussing the issues of the day.

It didn't matter that in his remarks, Pena Nieto offered a positive case for his country and his people that served as a rebuttal to much of what Trump has said in the past. What mattered more was the Mexican leader's public acceptance of Trump as an American leader.

Many polls have shown that large numbers of voters do not believe Trump is qualified to be president. After the session, the Trump campaign was quick to tout the trip as evidence that he is ready for the Oval Office.

"Mr. Trump's trip to Mexico is an impressive display of his ability to serve as our nation's president on day one," said deputy communications director Bryan Lanza in a statement. "This shows Mr. Trump's commitment to strengthening our economy as well as our relationship with our neighbor, Mexico."

Pena Nieto invited Clinton to visit, too. If she does, she will of course receive the kind of respectful, official treatment that she deserves. But Clinton, as a former secretary of state, has videos of zillions of photo ops showing her as a major player on the world stage. Trump had none. Until today.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/byron-york-gamble-in-mexico-a-huge-win-for-donald-trump/article/2600692

Well a semblance of sanity lasted a few hours I suppose. He looked half normal and half competent in Mexico, but then he gets on the stage in Phoenix : "And Mexico will pay for the wall. 100%. They don't know it yet, but they're gonna pay for it. They're great people, they're great leaders, but they're gonna pay for the wall."

What a twat. Complete fucking clown.

That speech he gave in Mexico I'm sure was meant to come across as conciliatory, but instead it had all the hallmarks of a naughty school boy who has been told off combined with someone who has realised that they are in way too deep. While I think Hillary is awful neo-conservative hawk I doubt she'll be as embarrassing on an international stage for the US.