You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NHL thread

Dan

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I grew up in the prairies, and the Bruins have always been my team.

Living in Vancouver doesn't change that, although if the Bruins were not in the cup, then for sure I'd be cheering for Vancouver.

I don't mind if the Canucks win - both teams deserve a cup Stanley.

I do also like to think I'm demonstrating fan loyalty - in a city not renowned for that quality.

Vancouver is the land of transplants, Neko. I think if more people were born and raised on their club, then they'd be more loyal.

Most of them support their parents' team, the canucks, and whomever is winning... because hey... they support two already, and they like 'whatever'...

To be fair though: I'll go for any Canadian team (except Toronto) at this point. I'm just desperate for Canada to get a Stanley Cup. It means so much to the fans, and exception to teams like Philly, Boston... the US fans don't give a shit.

boston 19 vancouver 7

boston with the lead in the series 160:00 minutes

vancouver with the lead 33:00 minutes

boston three blowout wins / vancouver three one goal wins

luongo two shutouts / two games pulled

thomas one shutout / two power play goals in garbage time in three games at home.

yeah - anyone still want to argue that boston has been the second best team in this series ?

boston 19 vancouver 7

boston with the lead in the series 160:00 minutes

vancouver with the lead 33:00 minutes

boston three blowout wins / vancouver three one goal wins

luongo two shutouts / two games pulled

thomas one shutout / two power play goals in garbage time in three games at home.

yeah - anyone still want to argue that boston has been the second best team in this series ?

Boston has been the best team in Boston.

Vancouver has been the best team in Vancouver.

You can't argue against that. STOP TRYING!

Another blowout in Boston doesn't change this, Neko.

Boston has been the best team in Boston.

Vancouver has been the best team in Vancouver.

You can't argue against that. STOP TRYING!

Another blowout in Boston doesn't change this, Neko.

but everyone (including you) keeps saying that the bruins have been lucky to be in it.

i'm the one who has been arguing that vancouver has been lucky to have the series at 3-3.

the stats would seem to back up my analysis of the situation.

any of the three one goal games in vancouver had the potential to go either way with a lucky bounce....vancouver has been comprehensively beaten in all three games in boston.

Tim Thomas once again the best player of this game. Surely he has to get MVP no matter who wins the cup. Oh and I agree with Neko, Bruins deserves to win it based on their play so far, but lets see game 7. Not always the ones that deserve it that wins it.

brad marchant punching daniel sedin repeatedly in the face with absolutely no response.

like a little girl about to cry.

the bruins totally have the canucks by the balls.

Unfortunately, that's just an uncalled penalty, really.

51.1 Roughing – Roughing is a punching motion with the hand or fist, with or without the glove on the hand, normally directed at the head or face of an opponent.

The Bruins had the Canucks by the balls after their two blowouts in a row, however, Game 5 wasn't a story of the Bruins having the Canucks by the balls.

Either Luongo will blow it in game seven, like he did every game in Boston, or Thomas will need to pinch a shutout for the Bruins to win. It's the same story as it has been all series.p

Unfortunately, that's just an uncalled penalty, really.

The Bruins had the Canucks by the balls after their two blowouts in a row, however, Game 5 wasn't a story of the Bruins having the Canucks by the balls.

Either Luongo will blow it in game seven, like he did every game in Boston, or Thomas will need to pinch a shutout for the Bruins to win. It's the same story as it has been all series.p

tried to rep you for quoting the NHL rulebook.

i just want respect for my bruins. the canucks are a good team, but boston deserves this if you ask me....and i'm the one who lives in vancouver !

tried to rep you for quoting the NHL rulebook.

I played, and was a dirty player, so I got called for 'roughing' a lot of times. It's amazing that it wasn't called there, because it was repeated.

One punch, you can always get away with one punch, but several? That's just ridiculous.

question though - you're being punched repeatedly in the face by a player smaller than yourself, down by three goals with a few minutes to play. you do what...

a.) fight back as best you can and salvage some respect for yourself and your team

b.) look at the ref to call a penalty while the opponent continues to punch you in the face

Er... I'm from BC, Neko. Both teams deserve this Cup, that's why they're both here. Both have played well, and played poorly in the playoffs.

It's down to one game. One game that I really hope Vancouver wins...

Canada deserves the Cup more than Boston.

boston has more canadian players than vancouver.

i get what you're saying, but does that really resonate with most educated fans ?

no, not really.

besides, as you already said, boston is a true hockey town.

question though - you're being punched repeatedly in the face by a player smaller than yourself, down by three goals with a few minutes to play. you do what...

a.) fight back as best you can and salvage some respect for yourself and your team

b.) look at the ref to call a penalty while the opponent continues to punch you in the face

The Sedins have never been 'fighters' or 'scrappy' or anything like that, so I would imagine them to do Option B.

Me? I would have done option C -- Thrash the little bugger.