You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

5 hours ago, Rotpeter said:

plans to make Everton its global flagship club.

That's as low a bar as any sportswear company could hope to have. Limbo dancing stuff.

Now as the the thought of limbo dancing comes to me, this deal may be inspired by the fact that Everton are in constant limbo - no chance of winning, and little real chance of getting relegated. A real nowhere club.

If that's the level of Hummel's ambition, they deserve each other.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

This quilt in response.

Going on about a scoreboard and the 'sandown'....wasn't that in wavertree?

https://mobile.twitter.com/HornbyStephen/status/1263464198736134144

Quite funny that

Spent most of the 60s in Division 2(Got promoted in 62) still won the First division twice. 

Didn't win the FA Cup till 65(Everton had won it twice, they've won it 3 times since(we have won it 7 times) 

They seem to forget they've won 8 Trophies since WW2, we have 14 league titles alone. 

6 hours ago, an tha said:

This quilt in response.

Going on about a scoreboard and the 'sandown'....wasn't that in wavertree?

https://mobile.twitter.com/HornbyStephen/status/1263464198736134144

Yep, Sandown Lane I think, off the high street. Bit off track but friends of mine owned it. Went there one night, friends where away for weekend. Family member standing in said "sorry, no stay behind tonight"

Next time I saw him he apologized, he had a stripper booked for the stay behind willing to take on anyone who wanted a crack and I was with my missus so he couldn't ask.

Back on track, yea a fuckin quilt, at least check your spelling, or maybe he doesn't know?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DalyanPete said:

Yep, Sandown Lane I think, off the high street. Bit off track but friends of mine owned it. Went there one night, friends where away for weekend. Family member standing in said "sorry, no stay behind tonight"

Next time I saw him he apologized, he had a stripper booked for the stay behind willing to take on anyone who wanted a crack and I was with my missus so he couldn't ask.

Back on track, yea a fuckin quilt, at least check your spelling, or maybe he doesn't know?

If I could double rep that I would that's had me in stitches reading that 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Been in there once years ago - used to go in the cock and bottle sometimes as had a mate over there and he took us in there.

Years and years ago but sure it was on the main street.

That fella on twatter must know - after all Evertonians are the truest inhabitants of the city and know every inch of it, unlike those tourist, daytripper, wool redshites.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, an tha said:

Been in there once years ago - used to go in the cock and bottle sometimes as had a mate over there and he took us in there.

Years and years ago but sure it was on the main street.

That fella on twatter must know - after all Evertonians are the truest inhabitants of the city and know every inch of it, unlike those tourist, daytripper, wool redshites.

My story was from early nineties and gave it more thought as my memory cells don't stretch that far! Just checked and it was the Edinburgh on Sandown Lane where the dirty deeds took place. I should have known better as my brother lives on that lane, not that I've visited or spoken in years. 

You are correct, the Sandown is on the High Street although shut down now.

At one time the High Street was the place to go, great pub crawl area.