You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jim Beglin - Worst Commentator Ever

betterman

Watched the match last night and was never so close to having to mute the tv and listen to the commentary on the radio. Hard to believe this gimp played for us. Its embarrassing the way he talked up the scum all the night. It was brutal.

Gimp? That's a bit fuckin harsh, a very good play part of the double winning team who's career was basicly ended by that cunt Gary Stevens and you decide to call him a gimp , classy!

I actually don't think he's the worst at commentary tbh,and he always talks well about us, there's alot worst out there

Who cares.

Just because he played for us doesn't mean he should undermine his job as a commentator to appease a few overly sensitive fans.

One thing I think you find from my posts is I would not be a overly sensitive fan. Think if you listened to him he undermines his job enough on his own.

I saw the last 15 minutes at the pub. At one point, Scholes "tackled" Lucho and Beglin just did the standard say-little-Scholesy-can't-tackle-and-have-a-wee-chuckle routine. Granted it wasn't a particularly bad challenge but I reckon if the roles were reversed and Lucho had done that to Scholes, they would not have shut up about it.

I saw the last 15 minutes at the pub. At one point, Scholes "tackled" Lucho and Beglin just did the standard say-little-Scholesy-can't-tackle-and-have-a-wee-chuckle routine. Granted it wasn't a particularly bad challenge but I reckon if the roles were reversed and Lucho had done that to Scholes, they would not have shut up about it.

You're probably right, but they are broadcasting for an English audience and need no pretence of objectivity.

If it was a domestic game, I would be inclined to agree.

He's alright, his accent is very put-on. You'll find it in a lot of Paddies trying to be understood. He's from feckin Waterford ffs.

He's a good analyst - he knows the game, and he doesn't miss much on the field of play. And he usually gets it right about tactical solutions, so he's quite good actually, but it's just his delivery is pretentious.

He's no manc though - a bit paranoid of ye to insinuate.

In general, can we get over ourselves when an ex-Liverpool co-commentator bigs up a Manc player(or whomever)? They don't all have to sound like they're on LFCTV. It makes us sound the opposite to the most knowledgeable fans in footy.

I remember Hansen wetting himself about Sparky Hughes - a man he used to amrk out of the game

He's alright, his accent is very put-on. You'll find it in a lot of Paddies trying to be understood. He's from feckin Waterford ffs.

He's a good analyst - he knows the game, and he doesn't miss much on the field of play. And he usually gets it right about tactical solutions, so he's quite good actually, but it's just his delivery is pretentious.

He's no manc though - a bit paranoid of ye to insinuate.

In general, can we get over ourselves when an ex-Liverpool co-commentator bigs up a Manc player(or whomever)? They don't all have to sound like they're on LFCTV. It makes us sound the opposite to the most knowledgeable fans in footy.

I remember Hansen wetting himself about Sparky Hughes - a man he used to amrk out of the game<---not entirely true, as it was usually Lawro who marked him, but ye get the point.

"Der's more to Oireland dan dis..."

alan-partridge460_795711c.jpg

Channel 5 is much worse. Dave Woods and Graham Taylor talking shit for an hour and a half.

They're shocking! The commentators usually give a ten minute tour guide to the foreign city during the game! That NI Colin guy's too busy cracking jokes and frankly doesn't seem to know what he's on about and Pat Nevin, well, looks out of his depth really.

Sorry guys, always though Gray and Tyler were the best. Andy's explanations were brilliant.

Jon Champion's a moron. I swear he spends most his time preparing a couple of lines of poetry with at least one word he's never heard of in it, ready to deliver at the end. He probably does it smug-faced. Looks a tit no doubt. Craig Burley by the way: demented, moronic and able to start an argument in an empty room. His career in microcosm really.

said this loads of times but why do they need 2 commentators, should just have 1 motty.

seems to be a modern thing, look back at all the older games and its just one commentator

not just in footy but lots of other sports, its like your listening in on a conversation, rather than being told whats happening.

Guest davelfc
said this loads of times but why do they need 2 commentators, should just have 1 motty.

seems to be a modern thing, look back at all the older games and its just one commentator

not just in footy but lots of other sports, its like your listening in on a conversation, rather than being told whats happening.

I've said that too, often it's got little to do with the game or is tabloid speculation. I'd like to believe sky changed it for the worse, although I am sure someone will produce a co commentator before then.

As you say it's a conversation now, they can't stop talking for just a few moments either, which is why most of the time I turn the sound down or tune them out. I'd very much enjoy being able to watch a match in HD and just have the crowd noise.

Gimp? That's a bit fuckin harsh, a very good play part of the double winning team who's career was basicly ended by that cunt Gary Stevens and you decide to call him a gimp , classy!

I actually don't think he's the worst at commentary tbh,and he always talks well about us, there's alot worst out there

Agree with this.

I dont watch Man u games but in defence of Beglin if he has talked them up then its his job to generally support the English teams in Europe.

As for Gimp? Thats a ridiculous thing to say about a classy left back who could have had a glorious career but for that injury against the blueshite.

If you were there that night at Goodison you would have seen how horrendous that injury really was.