You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Jay Spearing is just another over-rated local player ... He will probably have a decent career at some weaker Premier League/top Championship club, but that's about it ...

I used to think like that but I was really impressed with him towards the end of last season. I really like the guy and his attitude so think he could easily have a future with us.

Guest Jon Snow
That was mentioned a couple of weeks ago.

I must have missed it I just see it on the Sly sports site , as a new story.

Guest Jon Snow
Jay Spearing is just another over-rated local player ... He will probably have a decent career at some weaker Premier League/top Championship club, but that's about it ...

I don't think anyone ever over-rated the lad if anything we all would have underestimated him to some degree.Just he come in and done a really good job and bossed the midfield area in some important games.If any thing he deserves the hype he is getting I wouldn't loan him out I think he he is useful player to have in the squad just due to his temperament.

Who has over-rated him?

Kenny used him because its extremely obvious he's better than Poulsen.

He then went and bought 3 more midfielders. So its not Kenny who's over-rating him.

And mancs used to say the same about O'Shea, Gibson, Fletcher and a few others; yet they have all played their part in many trophy-winning squads.

Jay is exactly the sort of player (in terms of attitude) we need to replace people like Voronin, Degen, Soto, Jovanovic (the list is endless) who have been brought in to beef up the squad, but have offered fuck all other than a hefty-wage bill.

Squad players need to stay focused and give a shit when they play, knowing they're more than likely to be dropped next week. And that's why I rate local-players; especially talented ones like Spearing.

Number one, is someone calling him world class? No, he's a talented squad player.

He showed his worth last season, and if you watched him, then I can't understand this post.

We've said, quite rightly, that Jay has earned his place in the squad.

Who has over-rated him?

As I have already said, Spearing is an over-rated local player ... By the way, this was the post I was replying to ...

Bit surprised if we do loan Jay out, he was better than Lucas in the run-in last season IMHO.

As much as I admire Jay's effort, he is nowhere near Lucas' level ...

As I have already said, Spearing is an over-rated local player ... By the way, this was the post I was replying to ...

As much as I admire Jay's effort, he is nowhere near Lucas' level ...

How little you understand, son of Philip of Macedonia, son of barbary whores and cabbages.

Come sit underneath my blackboard of knowledge and ask me to scribe for you, come get dust on your cheek as you learn word and verse from my hand.

Lucas is shit. Spearing is ace.

Put them in a room and see who walks out alive. That's the midfield battler I want.

Who has over-rated him?

Kenny used him because its extremely obvious he's better than Poulsen.

He then went and bought 3 more midfielders. So its not Kenny who's over-rating him.

And mancs used to say the same about O'Shea, Gibson, Fletcher and a few others; yet they have all played their part in many trophy-winning squads.

Jay is exactly the sort of player (in terms of attitude) we need to replace people like Voronin, Degen, Soto, Jovanovic (the list is endless) who have been brought in to beef up the squad, but have offered fuck all other than a hefty-wage bill.

Squad players need to stay focused and give a shit when they play, knowing they're more than likely to be dropped next week. And that's why I rate local-players; especially talented ones like Spearing.

nail-on-head.jpg

How little you understand, son of Philip of Macedonia, son of barbary whores and cabbages.

Come sit underneath my blackboard of knowledge and ask me to scribe for you, come get dust on your cheek as you learn word and verse from my hand.

Lucas is shit. Spearing is ace.

Put them in a room and see who walks out alive. That's the midfield battler I want.

It's obvious the king doesn't think so. Bet you lucas plays more games than spearing does this season. Lucas is easily the better player. But then you are biased towards anything english so would expect no less from you really.

Wolves plot double Reds raid | Wolverhampton - EatSleepSport

Wolves plot double Reds raid

Last Updated: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 15:04

photo.ashx?teamName=wolverhampton&storyID=1243769 Wolves could take Liverpool defender Daniel Ayala on loan as well as Jay Spearing as Mick McCarthy finalises his transfer plans.

Spearing was linked with a season-long loan move to Molinuex earlier this week with McCarthy keen on the 22-year-old, who impressed when given a run in the Reds' first-team in the second half of last season under Kenny Dalglish.

However, with the summer arrivals of Charlie Adam and Jordan Henderson, Spearing has slipped down the pecking order at Anfield and, despite signing a new long-term deal at the end of the campaign, he is unlikely to be first-choice in midfield.

It is thought Dalglish would be prepared to let him leave on loan and McCarthy will look to tie up a deal in the next week.

Also on his radar is centre-back Ayala, 20, who could join Wolves for the new campaign on loan as well.

The youngster, who was sent out on loan to Hull City last term and impressed while with the Tigers, is behind Jamie Carragher, Daniel Agger, Martin Skrtel, Martin Kelly and Sotirios Kyrgiakos at Anfield and would welcome the chance of regular Premier League football elsewhere.

Guest simon

I said it on the MF but Martin Olsson is a player we should be trying to get. 23 LB and can actualy defend and is equaly as good going forward.

Guest SpiderLucas

Alberto Aquilani's agent has declared that the player will stay at Liverpool for the coming season, playing down rumours of a possible move to Fiorentina.

The Italy international has been consistently linked with a transfer back to his homeland after spending the whole of last season on loan at Juventus, but the Bianconeri refused to meet the Reds' asking price.

Although a move to Juve now appears to be impossible, Fiorentina had been thought to be preparing a bid for the former Roma midfielder due to his apparent willingness to move back to Italy.

Aquilani joined Liverpool in 2009 for £17million as a direct replacement for Xabi Alonso, but injuries and a lack of fitness restricted him to just 18 league appearances as he failed to make an impact in his first term at Anfield.

The 27-year-old was then loaned back to Italy to find his fitness by former Reds boss Roy Hodgson last summer, and the player gradually rediscovered his form to become a key figure for Juventus.

Reds boss Kenny Dalglish appears willing to retain Aquilani's services despite adding three players to his swelling midfield ranks, and the player has performed well in pre-season to suggest he still has a future on Merseyside.

Aquilani's agent Franco Zavaglia insisted that his client was ready to fight for his place at Liverpool, and that he wanted to prove himself in the Premier League.

"Alberto overcame his ankle problem, coming back into the national team and he has the characteristics to do good things in the Premier League too," Zavaglia told Radio Mana Mana.

"He is at a summer camp training with Liverpool, playing positively in all games of their summer tour."

Guest simon
He is a very good footballer imo. Will fit into our system perfectly. He is technically gifted and will be value for money.

Either you are scitsophrenic and have 2 personalitys or you are Usernameunknown and just fucked up.

Comment From HH

Hi Gary, all seems to have gone quiet at Liverpool after much early window movement. Is Dalglish happy with his lot, or looking to add a striker (English?)? There's been talk of Sturridge, but it sounds like Chelsea are after £20m (good value compared to Henderson?!) for him. Is that a goer, and would Sturridge be keen - especially if Chelsea get Lukalu?

Gary Jacob:

Morning HH, hope you are good. Think that Liverpool and Newcastle are in a similar boat. They might be a bit more business if the rigth deal comes along but are deliberately down playing things, not least as their spending so far fules expectation. Aly Cissokho's people have been banging on to me for weeks that he could go to Liverpool but Tony Barrett, our excellent Mersyside reporter, says that they are niot interested. We are not sure whether it is a case of the agent pushing things with Damien Comolli or whether the agent is simply pushing thing to drive another deal somewhere else.

Newcasle told me that Chelsea want £20m for Sturridge. The basic problem with him is that he has had 6 decent months on loan at Bolton and no one is quite sure about his character, meaning that clubs would prefer to loan him to see what they could be getting

Gary Jacob:

Lukalu deal has hit stalemate. It was set to be done last month and the fee has moved to £20million and they have hit a brick wall. Arsenal are not interested, Man City and PSG may be

Comment From Ben

Hi Gary. Have you heard anything re: Diego Godin to Liverpool? He's looked excellent from what I've seen of him during the Copa America, and LFC desperately need a new centre-half. Cheers.

Gary Jacob:

Liverpool still want/need to improve their back line - and they are interested in Diego Godin, Atletico Madrid's Uruguay centre back - and I have called Tony Barrett to shed some light on this for us as I don't know whether it is a goer

The Times