You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Can somebody tell me whats so good about Mata?

I know he has the knack of getting goals and is a great finisher.

But I thought we were in need of a ball-carrier/winger?

Somebody who will take past a couple of players and supply the front two with an abundance of chances?

120k a week for Ashley Young! Nothing we've seen so far from FSG would suggest they would do anything like that.

They've been here less than a year, we've signed only two players in that time, what have you seen to bring you to that conclusion?

Andy Heaton retweeting someone called Stephen1Martin -

#lfc bid 12m for Young, rejected. Were told he didn't want to move to Anfield. Now told he will listen to all offers.

Aston Villa are considering latest #lfc offer for Young. It's over 15mill.

Should tell him to jog on then

How? He's 23!

They are allowed to use players who were 21 or younger when the qualifiers started.

Btw, J.A. Riise being quoted as saying he would consider a move back to Liverpool if there was any interest. Apparently he hasn't been offered a contract extension by Roma and his current only has a year left. He wants to stay at Roma, though.

I think we cannot complain about player preference, we are now loaded, ergo we are now in bandit country.

There's nothing wrong with buying a mercenary, I don't think for one second that Suarez is a Liverpool fan, or even Carroll, but think about the job the likes of Tevez and co have done for City.

Let's face it, we're now in that bracket and we can't expect every target to have decked their bedrooms with posters of Rushy and Steve McMahon.

In fact, I like the idea of us out-bidding United for a mercenary.