You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres mega-thread

cole7

• 7 years later...

The club was in a right state and Kenny coming back only masked a lot of problems. Look at some of the sides Torres played in for us that first half of the season, no wonder he wanted to go and try and win something before his career came to an end. Whoever made the decision on Hodgson is who we should be aiming the vitriol at. 

Torres is one of our greatest ever strikers. 

10 minutes ago, Trojan1892 said:

Nothing we didn’t already know, fuck him the rat, notice how they all want to be regarded as legends when they retire and they all come back here to this club.

Its embarrassing that cunt actually wore the red shirt again after joining that lot.

Yep. His words on moving to chelsea? 'Here, everyone is professional.' And Liverpool they werent? Carragher said you downed tools for the last 18 months at Liverpool and you talk about 'Here, everyone is professional'? Fuck off.

You might not want to play for the manager, what about the shirt, your teammates and fans?

You got your trophies but chelsea, your teammates and their fans just see you as another trophy captured from another club.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, El Dangerous said:

He’s just an employee, if he’s not happy with his working conditions then he’s well within his rights to fuck off. I’d do the same in my job.

You should put this on a banner and fly it on the Kop.

• Upvote 2

I remember thinking that we were finished as a big club when he joined Chelsea. I didn't think we'd ever get back to being league and or Champions league winner's at that point and that we were in danger of going the same way as the likes of Villa and Forest.

If he'd gone to Chelsea and been a great player for them then I think I would dislike him, but he was so shit for them most of the time it was actually a rare bit of good business for us at the time.

I don't think he really downed tools for us either, I think it was more that injuries had fucked him and the quality of our team dropped off so much that we were a shadow of the team he played for at his peak here. 

• Upvote 1

On 09/03/2022 at 20:06, Trojan1892 said:

Nothing we didn’t already know, fuck him the rat, notice how they all want to be regarded as legends when they retire and they all come back here to this club.

Its embarrassing that cunt actually wore the red shirt again after joining that lot.

This. Revisionism by ex players has become their new profession.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...