You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I would recomend them.They ae very expensive unabridged as there is 56 discs for all the books.The bbc did a fantastic radio drama years ago that covers TLOTR trilogy with Ian Holme as Bilbo.

I have sent you a PM

I always got the impression that the dwarfs in the hobbit were a bunch of bungling amateurs. This lot look like a bunch of mercenaries. I would have though this lot would have gone through them Eastenders trolls and a few spiders like a dose of the runs. As for the elves in mirkwood! Still Jackson made a great job of lotr and I'm sure the hobbit will be just ad good.

• 3 months later...
I always got the impression that the dwarfs in the hobbit were a bunch of bungling amateurs. This lot look like a bunch of mercenaries. I would have though this lot would have gone through them Eastenders trolls and a few spiders like a dose of the runs. As for the elves in mirkwood! Still Jackson made a great job of lotr and I'm sure the hobbit will be just ad good.

Will it bollocks! He's already fucking ruined it trying to make it into a slow plodder like LOTR.

Gonna be brilliant. World Premier at Wellywood, just like Rings. A nice shot in the vid there of Peter's Hobbit Hole- part of his weekend getaway here in the Wairarapa. He was my neighbour until a couple of yrs ago, but I moved 15 kms up the road to my own bit of paradise.

• 1 month later...

I don't think I'll be watching this. I saw the first bit of the LOTR film, and it came nowhere near the the depth, colour and emotion of how I imagine it whilst reading the books. I've loved The Hobbit, LOTR and The Silmarillion since I was barely into double figures, and I'll be fucked if I'm going to end up with my imagination scarred by scenes from the films.