You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

do you expect to be top?

WaltonRed

Another clue about him being paranoid about being analized a lot more than he's used to is the fact that every time we are on the telly he makes the point in saying we seem to be on the telly every week. Well guess what roy we are on the telly every week, because we are liverpool football club and not fulham.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We're also on telly every week because of the Europa/Sunday pattern and a general high interest in our games. Just a thing you have to deal with, it's usually a good sign. Lots of games means lots of LFC on telly.

I've had the perception for some time that he resents the fans for the pressure and expectations we have, and this has come out from time to time in snide comments and little digs like that. Never overt, but you get the impression he actively dislikes us and blames us for what is shaping up to be a managerial failure of fairly gross proportions.

And honestly, I find it hard to blame him -- its almost certainly one of the hardest, most demanding jobs in football and he's wildly underqualified for it. Should never have been offered it in the first place, and thats down to the people responsible for recruiting Rafa's successor back in the summer.

He should still cunt off though. Now, please.

Guest davelfc
Interesting stat I worked out earlier. In order for us to match the points total of 2008/2009, in our remaining 22 fixtures, we would have to win 21 of them and draw the other.

That'll be the Arsenal game then.

Hodgsons comments recently seem to me to be geared towards his realisation he WILL be leaving rather than IF he's leaving.

One today was " Whoever takes my place will be in a similar job with similar players"

(BBC Sport - Football - Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson has faith in his ability)

Note he didn't say "Whoever MIGHT take my place...."

Guest davelfc

Note he didn't say "Whoever MIGHT take my place...."

If you read the whole piece and not just that sentence then it makes as much sense as Roy can make.

Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson does not fear for his job and is confident owners New England Sports Ventures will back him at Anfield.

The 63-year-old has been under almost constant scrutiny since replacing Rafael Benitez in July as early results left the Reds in the Premier League's bottom three for several weeks.

Things have picked up in recent weeks but Saturday's defeat at Newcastle did not help.

In a fans' phone-in on Monday night principal owner John Henry described results as "unacceptable" and that was interpreted by some as a thinly-veiled warning to the manager.

However, Hodgson said he was in total agreement with Henry's assessment but was not concerned about his future and was confident the situation would improve, given time and the necessary investment.

"I don't have any fears, worries or concerns," he said. "But if you put it to me 'You feel there is no chance whatsoever of you getting sacked' then I would be in a minority of one in that respect.

"It happened to Chris Hughton, it happened to Sam Allardyce, Martin O'Neill resigned - we are all in that situation.

"But as someone who prides himself as a professional, who knows his job and is comfortable with doing his job, then you would excuse me for not going down the route you want me to go down in terms of 'Who can we get rid of next?'.

"Because basically speaking unless there is a major inflow of cash into the club and the team is going to be changed from one moment to the next then whoever takes my place will be doing a similar job with similar players.

"The owners have made it perfectly clear they are in it for the long term and they are going to be patient; they realise it is going to take time.

"They realise we can't turn things around overnight and they also realise that the team I am working with is not the team I put together.

"You don't turn things around overnight and they are aware of the magnitude of the task but they are very focused on what needs to be done and I am convinced they will help me get it done."

Hodgson, speaking ahead of Wednesday's final Europa League Group K clash at home to Utrecht, was quizzed at length about his position at the club.

He became increasingly frustrated at the line of questioning, although he accepted it was something he had become used to during his short time at the club.

"Once again I come here to do a European press conference, playing Utrecht when we are top of the table, and I find myself answering questions about owners and whether I am safe - it is a sad situation," he added.

"I came here to do a European press conference, which I am forced to do for UEFA, when really and truly I am doing a phone-in with you

"That is the nature of the game, it seems to be the major preoccupation of the mass media because they want to see change.

"It doesn't bother me because I can't do more than I am doing, I can't work harder, I can't work better.

"I have great confidence in my ability, I don't think there is any reason not to have.

"I know the players are working as hard as they can to win matches for Liverpool and therefore me as manager.

"But if you have situations like last night when you have phone-ins to the owners you don't have to be a rocket scientist to know how that is going to go because we are not top of the league.

"Had we been top of the league it might have been different but we are not, we are ninth and we are Liverpool Football Club.

"You don't have to be Albert Einstein to work out more people will be unhappy with that than are happy with it."

http://www.teamtalk....-fears-over-axe

Guest ShoePiss

Also we better be ready for when he leaves, someone said it earlier that he will most likely really lay into the club and us and I completely agree. The man has no class at all.

A nice man? What a fucking joke even that small positive turned out to be.

Guest davelfc
Also we better be ready for when he leaves, someone said it earlier that he will most likely really lay into the club and us and I completely agree. The man has no class at all.

Expect the media and several tosser current premiership managers to have a field day too.

God help whoever takes over, they will be loved by the fans but hated once again by everyone else.

(That wouldn't apply to Kenny, who is just a fucking legend.)

Bigtime, theres going to be a massive media campaign about how wrong it was led by himself, he'll be backed up by his "great friend Sir Alex" and all the other LMA wankers.

"They never gave me a chance" "stuck in the past with Rafa" "they should be grateful I took the job in the first place" will all come out.

Once he's sacked here his England hopes have gone aswell, he's going to be fuming, its gonna be fucking great.

I cant wait till we have a proper manager, a man with a plan who we can all unite behind.

Excellent point this, and one I hadn't thought of until it was mentioned here earlier. Still, all the sour gwapes and LMA media digs will do nothing to dent the joy of knowing he's gone.