You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mark Clattenburg

stevienando

Guest Pistonbroke
Dishonesty in the game etc. We scored off a similar situation, didn't we? Double standard at its peak.

But...but..but... it wasn't in the box and Torres didn't stick his tongue out. nah nah de daa da.

Guest San Don
It should have been a free kick for the handball, but Spurs had the ball so I think Clattenberg legitimately allowed play to continue. He didn't blow for a foul. The linesman didn't flag for one. Spurs should have played to the whistle. They didn't. They should stop fucking crying.

Oh come on. How many times have refs played on to see if there is an advantage then to award the foul when the advantage isnt there?

The ref could easily and should have imo, blown for the foul when nani takes the ball off gomes and scores.

In fact, its fucking ungentlemanly conduct by nani which ever way you look at it. Clattenburg's a moron for allowing that goal to stand.

OK the result probably wouldnt have been changed but I dont think that's the issue.

Having seen it again the goal probably should have stood. Gomes just assumed that he had the free and anybody who has played Sunday League football since they were a kid will always have been told to play the whistle. He didnt and he was punished. Simple as.

Guest Pistonbroke
Having seen it again the goal probably should have stood. Gomes just assumed that he had the free and anybody who has played Sunday League football since they were a kid will always have been told to play the whistle. He didnt and he was punished. Simple as.

Clattenburg... " You should play the whistle "

Gomez... " i was brought up learning the Agogô "

I've seen this phrase cropping up in a few posts on here and RAWK - "the free"?????

Stupid phrase - it's a "free kick". Rant over, but I find it annoying.

Our goal was legitimate as well. Two bizarre goals, but both within the law.

Oh come on. How many times have refs played on to see if there is an advantage then to award the foul when the advantage isnt there?

The ref could easily and should have imo, blown for the foul when nani takes the ball off gomes and scores.

In fact, its fucking ungentlemanly conduct by nani which ever way you look at it. Clattenburg's a moron for allowing that goal to stand.

OK the result probably wouldnt have been changed but I dont think that's the issue.

It was quite a while before Nani took the ball off, the advantage had already worn off. It was also fucking ungentlemanly conduct by Torres then? How is Clattenburg a moron for allowing a perfectly good goal to stand?

Guest Pistonbroke
The Torres goal was different. The player kicked the ball, and the referee indicated that it had been taken.

Not sure i should inform you... But Gomez picked the ball up, dropped it to the ground...kicked it forward a bit, walked back while gesturing to his team mates that they should make a move... ahhhhhh, fuck it........

Surely a mistake by Gomes, but the way Clattenburg conducted himself in that situation was a disgrace. First of all the reaction when he saw what happend andl why the hell was Ferdinand allowed to stand there yapping when he discussed with the linesman.

Oh and the celebration by Nani just underlined why a massive cunt he is. It seems like we got the only decent Portugese fella in football, well apart from Paulo Ferreira who seems like a nice guy as well.

Guest Pistonbroke
Surely a mistake by Gomes, but the way Clattenburg conducted himself in that situation was a disgrace. First of all the reaction when he saw what happend andl why the hell was Ferdinand allowed to stand there yapping when he discussed with the linesman.

Oh and the celebration by Nani just underlined why a massive cunt he is. It seems like we got the only decent Portugese fella in football, well apart from Paulo Ferreira who seems like a nice guy as well.

It's weird. whilst serving in the army we had loads of Portuguese workers and they were sound ( especially the women ). One of my best mates is Portuguese and he's sound...Meireles seems sound... Has to be slur telling them to fall over, act like a cunt and turn their collars up before taking a free kick. He probably gets cheap Rose from the finest vineyards in Portugal.

Having said that he was playing advantage, does it not follow that Clattenburg should have immediately given a free kick to Spurs when it became clear that there was no advantage to be had? IE when Nani put the ball in the net? How the fuck is that advantage?

You see it all the time with advantage. The ref lets the play go then pulls it back if the infringed team loses the ball.

1. Clattenburg should have blown for the handball to begin with.

2. Clattenburg should have brought the play back when no advantage was had (how you can even have advantage in your own box is beyond me at this point).

3. Rio Ferdinand should be hanged.

The Torres goal was different. The player kicked the ball, and the referee indicated that it had been taken.

And it both cases it was fucking obvious that the player in question didn't intend for the ball to be in play. And in both cases it was a legitimate goal, and probably a lack of sportsmanship. But fuck that.

Gomes spoiled his case by taking his 'free kick' ten yards from the handball.

Lots of goalies throw the ball a few yards ahead of them before they clear it and clearly that's what Clattenburg thought, he even gestured at him to say 'what are you doing?', though he might have made it more obvious by 'encouraging' him to clear it. Still it's not the ref's job to tell a player what he should do, or do that pantomime 'look out he's behind you' schtick.

Mind you, everyone here is probably narked because you just know a different decision would have happened in the other box, but that's a different kettle of fish entirely.

Older reds will have heard Rowdy Yates story where he picked the ball up in the penalty box as he thought he heard the refs whistle. However, it was from the crowd so ref gave a penalty.

Clattneburg got this spot in and it was the lino who fucked it all up. When the goal goes in, Clattenburg points to the cerntre circle and the lino starts running back to the half way line with his flag DOWN. It is only when Gomez catches up with him that he puts his flag up to attract the refs attention (Gomez saying it was hand ball).

First of all it was a clear penalty, Nani getting two tugs on his shirt. Ref had balls not to give it. Nani does toch the ball as he thinks it is a penalty. The ref clearly plays advantage as Gomez has the ball and doesn't blow his whistle to stop play.

Now if this happened to us and Reina quickly threw / booted the ball down field and Torres scored we would all be saying that the ref had played a blinding adavantage. How many times does the ball break for you and the ref brings the play back for a free kick, etc which is very frustrating?

The person in the wrong is Gomez who proceeds to take his 'own' free kick, not in the six yard box where Nani handled it but 16 yards or so from the goal.

So it is bolloxs to say nani was wrong. ungentleman, whatever, the ball was still in play. It that was Dirk et al I would be screaming for him to put it in the net.

Harry can moan all he likes but he should look at it again and apologise to the ref. Clattenburg got it spot on and wasn't helped by the lino.

The only thing he got wrong was not sending off plug for being a cunt.

I used to like Clattenberg as he would give decisions our way and go against the Mancs and Bitters however I believe it was him who didn't send Neville off last week too? surely he shouldn't ref the same team twice in a row

No, it wasn't Clattenburg last week.

It was the bastard who disallowed our goal against Stoke the other season. I don't remember the names , just the grudges.