You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Indeed, no allies and that position allied to an allegedly frosty dressing room and there was no way back for him.

That said for all his faults, with a stable run club there is no one else I'd rather see in the Liverpool dugout.

Valencia fans said that too.

Thing is they were a stable run club.

I'll be curious to see how things go at Inter.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Valencia fans said that too.

Thing is they were a stable run club.

I'll be curious to see how things go at Inter.

Big job that, He's got a lot of groundwork to lay there, and the noises coming from the boardroom don't sound promising.

That said he should still have enough for the league, and I think he probably still has enough left in him to be able to slap Mourinho down one more time.

If the takeover goes through I hope the club have the balls to appoint someone like Holloway or Coyle, ie the future and someone playing great football.

However they will probably want someone with European experiece which is pretty pointless as we wont be playing in Europe next season anyay.

Mascherano would get into any of those midfields aswell.

And I agree he did make mistakes, but its got fuck all to do with how badly the side is playing now. This side finished 7th last season, so it good enough to finish the very least in the same position again. This time last season virtually the same side had no problem dispatching with the likes of Stoke, Burnley and Hull last season, all teams of the same ilk as blackpool, but for some reason we got played of the park and deservedly beaten by the latter last week. Hmmmm now I wonder what must of changed in a space of a year to give us such contrasting results?

Well finsh better than 7th this year

Not really, no.

Madness is wanting a manager who had his first bad season in six seasons out, while wanting a journeyman manager, who's been shit all his career, in.

The decline under Benitez was only going to get worse. Players were going to leave. That's the context you're forgetting here.

He had to go.

Benitez's time was up and now Hodgson's time is almost up.

Hopefully with a manager of decent pedigree fans will be able to move on and the subject of Benitez becomes less prevalent.

Similar was said after he left but nonetheless, fingers crossed eh.

FFS, Looking through this thread so many people are only willing to back Kenny as far as a caretaker role.

What bullshit, if anyone deserve the chance to turn this club around it's Kenny. Our last title was won by him and due to personal reasons he never got the chance to back that up and quit.

It would be a fairy tale but a realistic one, the players would have so much respect for him and rightly so, he is a liverpool legend, possibly besides shanks the greatest one. Best player i've seen for sure, Nando could do with a partner like him.

If these new owners are ready to splash a bit of cash initially to get Liverpool back to a formiddible squad which all reports are they are, I only really have confidence in kenny to bring back the glory days. I wouldn't feel as comfortable having anyone else but him handed a kitty of 50+ million and free to use as they wish. I sent a similar post to this back in july last year then to my shock and dismay Roy was appointed... Hated the situation since.

Kenny deserves alot more than a fucking caretakers role, he deserves the real deal and to be backed to the hilt.

While I agree with you, I think the majority of fans out there believe one of two things... That Kenny doesn't WANT the full time gig, or they haven't fully 'forgiven' him for walking in the first place. Both arguements are poor excuses for making assumption, but that's what I keep hearing from all I read and have access to in here in the USA... Granted that's limited...

Wouldn't mind seeing Kenny take over full stop. I am however open to the idea of a young up and comer who will get the team playing positive football again.

First things first, let's hope the new owners are confirmed this week. Once they are I'm sure they will take a good look at things. They will appoint a chairman and probably add another one or two to the board in due course.

IF they feel that they need to make a change in manager, then Roy can feel somewhat aggrieved, as he has landed a plum job here - though unfortunately it has been at a time of great turmoil.

If we part company with Roy I'm sure deep down he will know that it was because of one thing, and one thing only: the results were not good enough.

My suspicion is he is not quite up to the job. Ideally he would have come in and steadied the ship, but we do appear to have regressed alarmingly. If I was a new owner, I would have huge reservations about giving Roy the money to shape the team and take it forward.

Fortunately no-one is particularly attached to Roy, so if the owners make a change there will not be any fall out. It should be an easy and fairly straightforward thing for them to choose to do. The only factor that might hinder things is the availability of the new man. If it is someone like Pellegrini, then he can come right away. If it is a younger man already in a job, say Deschamps or Loew, it might take coaxing and time.

If we have to wait then we have the ideal man upstairs to keep the manager's seat warm until the right candidate comes in. He will galvanize things and get us moving up that table. He could work tacitly with the new manager elect too, especially when it comes to new signings in January.

Should be interesting to see what happens. I don't think Roy will be long for the job, but that doesn't mean he should leave with his head bowed. He is a good man, and he has been unfortunate to have come to LFC when we are at a low ebb.

Replacing a manager at any point during the season isn't ideal, I don't think it matters when.

It begins a dangerous precedent for me. What if Kenny or Pellegrini came in and we didn't win for 6/7 games? Do we sack him then?

If you bring a in a new manager, you go through the interview process again, requesting info on how the team will be setup, use of youth players, in for the long haul etc. After getting the right man through such a rigorous interview process, you turn around at the PC, unveil said manager, with his 5year contract, point out that obviously this year has gone to shit, so wee'll be looking to sneak into one of the european places, the new manager is looking forward to working with the squad, particularly the young guns and we hope to see a real turn around in team shape and performances in the coming months, he has also agreed not to use poulsen and lucas in the middle of the park together.

It's not so much a dangerous precendet if Hodgson was brough in during an interim period while they were trying to sell the club, he was always seen as a short term manager ie: 2 years max, no-one really expected the sudden movement of the buyout last week, as soon as the legal wranglings are sorted out and a new board is elected, they must go out and get the manager who they believe is going to bring real success back to the club over the next 5+ years. If it fails to work out after 3/4/5 years then the candidate can be changed, but Roy was never brought here for such a project so I reckon it's best he is shipped off as soon as the next "dynasty builder" is available to be installed, he certainly shouldn't be allowed to alter the playing staff any further.