You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

Guest davelfc

http://www.bloomberg...occer-club.html

Liverpool Bidder Kirdi Says He Won't Overpay in Bidding for Soccer Club

By Tariq Panja - Aug 10, 2010 6:10 PM GMT

Yahya Kirdi says he’s not a “cowboy” and not crazy enough to pay “one pound more” than the market value of 18-time English soccer champion Liverpool.

The Premier League team has rejected two of his bids after being put up for sale by its American owners in April, Kirdi said in an interview. U.K. media have reported that the offer of the Canadian-based Syrian’s group is higher than those of other possible bidders and is being used by owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett to bid up the price.

“I can’t pay one pound more than value of Liverpool,” Kirdi said on the phone from his home in Montreal. “I’m not crazy.”

Reports that he valued the team at 600 million pounds ($947 million) are “not true,” he added. He declined to say what he’d offer for the team. His last bid was rejected in April. Liverpool spokesman Ian Cotton said the club doesn’t comment on the sales process.

Liverpool, whose parent company has debts of 351 million pounds, is asking potential bidders to prove they have funds for the purchase before the club’s board meets in two days, two people familiar with the negotiations said yesterday. They said most expressions of interest they’d received valued the team at about 350 million pounds.

Kirdi said he’s backed by “big names” from the Mideast and Canada. He refused to identify them, saying they wanted to remain anonymous until his offer was accepted.

He sounds crazy, must have been a lot of pizza orders stacking up.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest davelfc
Not good news for Hicks and Gillett if Kirdi is now saying he won't pay over the odds.

People have been doubting his credibility because they said he was offering 'crazy' money. This latest propaganda is designed to stop that.

People have been doubting his credibility because they said he was offering 'crazy' money. This latest propaganda is designed to stop that.

Yes put it also stops the idea that it's a fake bid designed to establish a court case if they don't make money on another bid because they are outvoted by their own board.

Guest davelfc
Yes put it also stops the idea that it's a fake bid designed to establish a court case if they don't make money on another bid because they are outvoted by their own board.

I do not think it would ever get to court but it's obvious that's the threat behind all of this.

Guest davelfc
If he is on record saying he won't pay over market value then it's not much of a threat though Dave. See what I'm getting at?

Ah yes, I do see. Very interesting.

It's hilarious. Chinese offer the going rate, so G&H find some stooge who announces to the world that potential bidders better get their shit together because he's willing to offer twice its worth. They then undermine their dastardly scheme by having their pictures taken with him. Or am I reading it wrong?

Guest davelfc
If he is on record saying he won't pay over market value then it's not much of a threat though Dave. See what I'm getting at?

Just read it again, he doesn't say 'market value' he says 'value' which could mean 500m.

But he's not crazy ok? And he has 'big names' yeah, so there.

Guest davelfc
[/b]

Domino's,pizza hut,papa joe's and Mamaris on county road

I think he means 'big names' in Canada, so Celine Dion possibly. But no doubt once he's giving out free leccy he can branch into Mamaris on County Road.

Not sure if this has been posted on here yet, but just seen this on YNWA by David Hodgson:

"Spoken to my contact in the last half hour at length. He says he believes that the Chinese are the only real show in town and that they are working with LFC as we speak trying to get this thing done within hours/days."

Guest davelfc
Not sure if this has been posted on here yet, but just seen this on YNWA by David Hodgson:

"Spoken to my contact in the last half hour at length. He says he believes that the Chinese are the only real show in town and that they are working with LFC as we speak trying to get this thing done within hours/days."

I quoted that a while ago, shit forum :whistle: but he is supposed to be very reliable right?

I quoted that a while ago, shit forum :whistle: but he is supposed to be very reliable right?

Think so.

He also posted this response:

"I don't know any detail, other than I'm given the assurances that its exceedingly well backed and solid. Also been told that Huang is not the key player in this."

Also someone on TIA reckons Huang will be meeting Broughton in London tomorrow.

Guest davelfc
Think so.

"I don't know any detail, other than I'm given the assurances that its exceedingly well backed and solid. Also been told that Huang is not the key player in this."

I cling to the hopes he is right. Although if you read the thread after it is hardly mentioned at all. They do go on to have a dig at TLW though.

Think so.

lets hope he is (or his backers are) all legit,obviously they see something in it for themselves but as long as the club thrives they can take their slice,not like the yanks take,take,take