You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Bill gates just sells computers

No he doesn't.

If Kirdi had made 50b from the Pizza industry, nobody would care. He owned a couple of Pizza shops. Hardly Papa fucking John, is he.

I think Tony Evans has got this horribly wrong (again).

Time will tell. I think Evans and others has been used by David Bick to promote Huang and spin stories about how great the deal could potentially be for the club.

I would question Huang's judgement if they have now kicked Bick in to touch. Bick has history for putting his foot in it. He and his WHISTLE group were once threatened with legal action by West Ham United for making allegations in an open letter about the level of debt and general financial situation at West Ham United when Terrence Brown was the Chairman.

Guest davelfc
Will they show the trial on LFCTV is the question and will we get someone there from TLW to give us running updates.

72 hour delay, but streamed on a dodgy website for free.

So he sells pizzas! Bill gates just sells computers and hef just sells an unrealistic dream if female perfection... Still got money though. And I'll be honest, I want that money

The point is that he obvously does not have the money himself - so who does? We get Pizza Boy, we get a whole load of invisible shareholders with dubous motives.

No he doesn't.

If Kirdi had made 50b from the Pizza industry, nobody would care. He owned a couple of Pizza shops. Hardly Papa fucking John, is he.

But he's just fronting it! I could understand your point if he was the sole owner but he's not and won't be! He's a face! And we don't know who the money is coming from but, to be rivalling a huge Chinese bid they must have some fcuking funds!

Point is that although it's hard after what we have all Been through and what they have done to our club, we need to trust the club. I have every faith that they will make the right decision.

Kirdi the Chinese guy or other, point is we will all just have to sit tight and hope (and/or pray)

I thinks it's far to public for them to fcuk it up again! The prem, FIFA the banks and even the gov are watching this deal very very closely so I think we just need to relax. Little bit.

That's my opinion anyway

West Ham chairman David Gold believes that George Gillett and Tom Hicks had 'good intentions' when they bought Liverpool and 'loved' the club.

The Hammers chief, 73, met the American sports magnates on numerous occasions following their takeover three-and-a-half years ago and does not think that they intentionally reneged on pledges to build a new stadium and ensuring that the club would remain debt-free.

Supporters have long opposed Gilett and Hicks' presence at Anfield after failing to take the club forward but Gold claims that the pair may have run into difficulties with Liverpool City Council over their plans to build a new 73,000-seater home in Stanley Park.

He said: "I've met them a couple of times and found them very passionate about the football club. Whether they project that on a daily or weekly basis through the media, I'm not sure.

"They started off with good intentions and you can't know the difficulties they may have faced with local councils. You don't know to what degree that that's impinged their desire to build a new stadium.

"You're unware of the personal impacts the recession would have had on them so it's very hard to judge when you're not in the inner sanctum.

"I got the impression that they were very ambitious, they loved the club - not to the extent that they would do if they were born in Liverpool, that's fair to say. But you pay your money and take your chance.

Chinese businessman Kenny Huang remains favourite to become the club's new owner but Gold has warned of the potential problems Liverpool, whose debts currently stand at over £351million, could face if a thorough process of due diligence is not undertaken.

"If you start to check companies who are looking to buy your football club, you find that you run into dead ends," he added.

"What you don't know is when you check, and this could happen to other football clubs, is that their companies appear to be wealthy and strong.

"But they're so convaluted and so far-stretched that they will have companies that they may owe money to and in actual fact you're looking at the holding company, which looks strong, but they can have subsidiary companies that are week.

"So that when they actually come in and the money isn't there. That could have well been the case at Portsmouth."

Gillett and Hicks bought Liverpool FC with 'good intentions', claims West Ham chief > Liverpool FC > Sport | Click Liverpool

Guest davelfc

West Ham chairman David Gold believes that George Gillett and Tom Hicks had 'good intentions' when they bought Liverpool and 'loved' the club.

Is this where they got the term 'comedy gold' from?

DIC were a different kettle of fish altogether, in my opinion. They pulled out because they were treated like twats. They made a formal offer, as far as I can remember.

They've actually released very few statements, as far as I can see. Official ones, I mean. You're right though, now is the time for action.

No they didn't, not when the yanks bought the club anyway. They came to the table, talked a lot, promised a lot, asked for a period of exclusivity an then let that period pass. They only started showing some interest in moving stuff along when they shit themselves when hicks joined with gillet and tabled a fresh bid. DIC ran like bitches because they'd been out manoeuvred by a couple of carpet baggers.

Steve is spot on, DIC all over again.

I think Tony Evans has got this horribly wrong (again).

Last Thursdays front page of the Times was the most confident declaration I think i've ever seen of a scoop, I'm a bit baffled that Helen Power and Tony Evans would have went with that on the front page unless they thought it was nailed on, if it turns out that it was wrong, it's gona destroy peoples reputations

Is this where they got the term 'comedy gold' from?

He's a man who made his money from selling dildos. You'd think he'd know all about things getting fucked by now.

Guest davelfc
He's a man who made his money from selling dildos. You'd think he'd know all about things getting fucked by now.

Bet he got a buzz out of that.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
No they didn't

Well, they made an offer for the football club. They had to rely on Moores' approval to make it formal for the rest of the shares. But they certainly made a 'comprehensive offer' to Moores for the football club. There wasn't much they could do other than make a proposal to Moores in order to make the offer formal.

Dubai International Capital ends takeover talks with Liverpool FC UPDATE - Forbes.com

They came to the table, talked a lot, promised a lot, asked for a period of exclusivity an then let that period pass. They only started showing some interest in moving stuff along when they shit themselves when hicks joined with gillet and tabled a fresh bid. DIC ran like bitches because they'd been out manoeuvred by a couple of carpet baggers.

That's clearly not what happened. They were not outmaneuvered, they were outbid by credit rich yanks and Moores wanted to cash in.

Steve is spot on, DIC all over again.

It just isn't. There are many, many differences and very little similarities. We knew DIC had the money, they made an offer for the football club and we knew who the backer was. We don't know any of this with the Chinese bid.

Last Thursdays front page of the Times was the most confident declaration I think i've ever seen of a scoop, I'm a bit baffled that Helen Power and Tony Evans would have went with that on the front page unless they thought it was nailed on, if it turns out that it was wrong, it's gona destroy peoples reputations

I agree. People CAN mess up, but we know how wary Evans and Barrett were this time, so I'd find it astonishing if they went ahead without really satisfying themselves of the facts.

FT.com / Companies / Travel & Leisure - Sahara halts Liverpool FC bid over debt concerns

Sahara halts Liverpool FC bid over debt concerns

By James Fontanella-Khan in Mumbai

Published: August 10 2010 10:57 | Last updated: August 10 2010 11:24

Sahara India Pariwar, an Indian conglomerate that sponsors the national cricket team, has pulled out from the race to acquire the English Premier League team Liverpool Football Club due to debt concerns, people familiar with the matter said.

The Indian group controlled by billionaire industrialist Subrata Roy had been trying to negotiate an agreement with the English club for several months, but Liverpool FC’s high debt exposure stalled the negotiation, a person involved in the deal said on Tuesday.

EDITOR’S CHOICE

Credible bids for Liverpool likely by weekend - Aug-08

In the loop: Trophy status wanes - Aug-07

Glory seekers head to Anfield from the east - Aug-06

Huang a front-runner despite uncertain backing - Aug-06

In the latest full-year results released in May, Liverpool FC reported that its losses had swollen to £54.9m, up from £40.9m, and its total debt had risen to £351m.

Late on Monday evening, Sahara formalised its decision not to take part in the bidding process. “The deal for [the] acquisition of Liverpool Football Club was in our consideration in the recent past. However, after considering all related factors, we have decided not to go ahead with it, at least for the time being.”

The English club expects to receive at least two “credible bids” by the end of the week, said Martin Broughton, the chairman of Liverpool FC, who has been appointed by Tom Hicks and George Gillett, the club’s American owners, to broker a sale.

Now that Sahara has pulled out of the race Kenny Huang, a Chinese businessman and sports entrepreneur who was said to have the backing of an Asian sovereign wealth fund, seems to be the front runner to take over the debt-ridden club.

Other parties interested in the club are: Yahya Kirdi, a Syrian businessman; Rafed Al-Kharafi, the nephew of the Kuwait-based businessman Nasser al-Kharafi; the Rhône Group, a New York-based venture capital company; and a consortium of Gulf businessmen.