You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

People boycotting the shirts

wrightylew

Surely that renders any other form of financial boycott you enter into pointless?

The fact you won't abscond it because "someone else will only buy it" is irrelevant?

I thought the shirt boycotts were a case of: "I will not line the pockets of the men ruining my club."

Your stance comes across as: "If I don't pay into the G&H brand, someone else will, so I might as well carry on doing so."

??

No. If I don't buy a Standard Chartered shirt, that's one less they'll sell. If an ST holder doesn't renew, someone else will take it, so they still sell the same number. Only loser is the original ST holder, who'll never get a sniff again. ST sales unfortunately therefore aren't an area we can hit them. Merchandising very much is.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No. If I don't buy a Standard Chartered shirt, that's one less they'll sell. If an ST holder doesn't renew, someone else will take it, so they still sell the same number. Only loser is the original ST holder, who'll never get a sniff again. ST sales unfortunately therefore aren't an area we can hit them. Merchandising very much is.

Exactly. No way am I letting those bastards stop me from going to the match but I'll never buy any official club merchandise until they've gone. I wanted to buy my brother's kids the new shirt but won't while those lying twats are still there.

the boycott of the shirt probably would have impacted if carlsberg were still the official club sponsor. Now that the alcohol related branding has been taken off the shirt, you can bet that a lot of muslims - pakistini's, banglaseshi's, thai, north africans, middle east and of course bradfordians will be going out in their millions and buying it.

Therefore, it is already the fastest selling shirt of all time and any boycott is completely pointless and absurd.

Liverpool football club is not confined to a liverpool postcode fellas.

If i had a season ticket not a hope in the world of me giving it up, people waiting decades for them so perfectly understandable. I haven't bought anything officially LFC in 3 years, if i buy the jersey its one of those knock off ones, which are actually quite good (well most of them) can;t go wrong for 9 or 10 quid.

Guest simon
the boycott of the shirt probably would have impacted if carlsberg were still the official club sponsor. Now that the alcohol related branding has been taken off the shirt, you can bet that a lot of muslims - pakistini's, banglaseshi's, thai, north africans, middle east and of course bradfordians will be going out in their millions and buying it.

Therefore, it is already the fastest selling shirt of all time and any boycott is completely pointless and absurd.

Liverpool football club is not confined to a liverpool postcode fellas.

Quite racist that mate be careful what you say.

Im not goin the game again until them cunts have gone - simple as that. Although my current (shit) financial situation makes it slightly easier to boycott games.

With regard merch, as luck would have it I find the sight of grown men in replica tops ridiculous so again its an easy boycott for me!!!!

Guest simon
Yes. Not going to buy any of the shirts and have given up my season ticket.

Thats a hell of a commitment mate. Respect and repped.

Guest davelfc
Yes. Not going to buy any of the shirts and have given up my season ticket.

When did you give up your season ticket? Was it because of the owners?

If so it's futile really, it's already been purchased by someone and no doubt armed with their new season ticket they have ticked the auto cup boxes. So the owners have in fact made a profit.

By dropping auto cup this season I have taken away a guaranteed income from cup games for the owners. Let's say 10 games at £35 each. If every season ticket holder did this it's the same as half the season ticket holders not renewing and the tickets not being taken up by someone else.

Of course they will put those tickets up for sale in cup games but are not guaranteed the sale or the cash weeks before.

When did you give up your season ticket? Was it because of the owners?

If so it's futile really, it's already been purchased by someone and no doubt armed with their new season ticket they have ticked the auto cup boxes. So the owners have in fact made a profit.

By dropping auto cup this season I have taken away a guaranteed income from cup games for the owners. Let's say 10 games at £35 each. If every season ticket holder did this it's the same as half the season ticket holders not renewing and the tickets not being taken up by someone else.

Of course they will put those tickets up for sale in cup games but are not guaranteed the sale or the cash weeks before.

I gave it up this season and obviously someone is going to have it now. Them cunts aint getting a penny out of me again.

Guest simon
If I was irresponsible I'd call for someone to do The Yanks in. But I'm not so I won't.

I offered quite a bit a go i was deadly serious as well.

Ok, I'll ask then. How is this racist? A lot of strict Muslims would be dead against alcohol and so would not buy a shirt with Carlsberg on it, but now they can as there is no longer an alcoholic drinks company as sponsors.

Has anyone considered that a boycot of shirts and merchandise will just make season tickets/tickets in general go up. Either way you look at it that will line there pockets with our hard earned cash.

By the way I don't have a season ticket and am on the waiting list. Wouldn't give it up if I had one and don't complain about those who share my views.

I haven't bought a piece of club merchandise since 2007 when it all kicked off.

Unfortunately, there is no official boycott. SOS don't organise one as their members are against it.

To be clear members are against a boycott that can't be measured for success and is impractical with current resources and support to deliver.

I understand the sentiments of the original poster, it would be the logical thing to do in normal circumstances or in any other business. However, as others have pointed out, season tickets are os hard to get and people have had to wait so long that it is just not that easy. I don't have a season ticket, and certainly wouldn't criticise anybody who wasn't prepared to give theirs up. As much as I would want to think that's what I'd do if I had one, I would be lying if I said I would give it up. However, I have stopped going to games and I don't buy anything from the club anymore, and haven't done so since it became clear what kind of owners we have.

Ok, I'll ask then. How is this racist? A lot of strict Muslims would be dead against alcohol and so would not buy a shirt with Carlsberg on it, but now they can as there is no longer an alcoholic drinks company as sponsors.

I'm with Johnny on this one, Simon would you care to explain your post?

never really got that, its just a logo, you dont have to drink the stuff

with all due respect I can state this to be a fact.

Muslims will not wear liverpool tops which carry the carlsberg branding. Now that its standard chartered expect the shirts to be flying off the rails and it is.

I get the bit about the protest but why expect people to give up their tickets - why not just buy the ticket but not go. This way you get to keep your ticket because trying to buy a season ticket is impossible.