You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Holland vs Slovakia

Dracco

Hello.

The game strats in 4 hours and still no thread, as I see there is not many people who give Slovakia any chances. And being true so do I.

We deserved to beat Italy, our players played probably game of their lives. But I can hardly see potential to put similar performance again. Dutch are better side, especially offensively so I think they will torn us apart in defense.

They only weak part is defence so we probably shouldn´t sit at the back, but try to press as we did against the Italians.I am expecting similar line-up as aginst Italy, bar holding midfielder Strba ( the man with the hole in his knee), who is suspended. Vittek was poor in last 2 years, now played well and scored 3 goals, but I expect him now to play shite today,as he is not the kind of player who can put more good performances in a row.

Anyway, I am lookin forward. We can just surprise, but we won´t be upset if we lose.

So, C´mon Slovakia.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Pistonbroke

Good luck Dracco. Think the Dutch will beat you easily though as their midfield is pretty strong. But as long as you keep to the same plan you had against Holland it could be closer than some of us think.

Haven't actually seen too much of the Dutch as yet, though from what I have seen I feel that the they have another two gears to step up. They've largely coasted their group games and are yet to be really challenged. I think Slovakia will give them a damn good game and they'll certainly know they've been in a contest alright, but I think Hollans will shave it, just.

Tight game, I'm going to say 2-1 Holland. Nice to see two more of our lads coming up against one another as well in Dirk and Skrtel. I refuse to include Babel.

I hope Holland win the whole thing. For such a small country, they've constantly produced players and teams England can only dream of. Holland deserve to win the World Cup after decades of giving the world great football.

They really need Robben to be fit though.

Guest Pistonbroke
Haven't actually seen too much of the Dutch as yet, though from what I have seen I feel that the they have another two gears to step up. They've largely coasted their group games and are yet to be really challenged. I think Slovakia will give them a damn good game and they'll certainly know they've been in a contest alright, but I think Hollans will shave it, just.

Tight game, I'm going to say 2-1 Holland. Nice to see two more of our lads coming up against one another as well in Dirk and Skrtel. I refuse to include Babel.

Holland haven't impressed thus far but like you say they look like they could up the anti if needed. Robben looked good in his little cameo against Cameroon, if the Slovaks don't mark him and Sneijder tight they could get hammered today. Plus Holland have the speed of Elia to bring in.

Hollands biggest weakness could be up front and if their main players don't have a good game it could be tight.

All the best Dracco, though it'll be a tough one for Slovakia.

Just out of interest, what's the sporting rivalry like between yourselves and the Czech Republic? Pretty nasty or more respectful?

Rivalry is big, especially from Slovak point of view cause we always felt like a little brother.It is respectful but sometimes nasty. Czechs don´t take it so serious because they get better results in most of the sports so they usually laugh on Slovaks. They think that Czechs are better in everything and act very arrogant.

Therefore it is for Slovaks better result when we beat the Czechs, than when we beat anyone else. In many sports Czechs were given better position after break-up of Czechoslovakia and Slovaks were in lower division. As in ice hockey, which is Nr.1 sport here. The Czechs stood in Pool A of World Championship and Slovakia had to start from Divison C...It took 10 yeras of age until we became World Champions in 2002.

But generally there are 2 groups of fans in both countrys. It is about 50-50. One group wishes the other nation all the best and are usually there 2nd team ( like now at world cup when Czech are not there then many Czechs support us). This counts usually for older people, who remember old Czechoslovakia days.

The second group hates the other country ( in sport I mean) and are happy when we ( or the Czechs lose).You know what I mean.

I usually don´t support the Czechs, I support them against team that I don´t like ( Italy, Germany). I was celebrating when they were burried in last 10 minutes by Turkey in last group game at Euro 08 :-)

Sorry Dracco but I really want Holland to win because the keeper you have is an utter knob. Also I am bitter from you knocking out my sweepstake team and also denying me from hearing the Italian National anthem *shakes fist*!

Have Slovakia got any good players we should look out for?

Holland haven't impressed thus far but like you say they look like they could up the anti if needed. Robben looked good in his little cameo against Cameroon, if the Slovaks don't mark him and Sneijder tight they could get hammered today. Plus Holland have the speed of Elia to bring in.

Hollands biggest weakness could be up front and if their main players don't have a good game it could be tight.

Yeah, if he comes in and turns it on, Slovakia are in big trouble. He needs to the same treatment that the Greeks gave Messi in the group stages. Be all over him like a cheap suit. But that seemed to be one of the Slovaks strong suits; the ability to work hard and work for eachother. They might nullify the more obvious Dutch players, like van Persie and Robben, and leave the door open for the mighty Dirk to get a goal or two.

Sorry Dracco but I really want Holland to win because the keeper you have is an utter knob. Also I am bitter from you knocking out my sweepstake team and also denying me from hearing the Italian National anthem *shakes fist*!

Have Slovakia got any good players we should look out for?

No problem. I am sorry that Mucha ( the keeper) gave you this impression, because he is very kind and polite man, who won a lot of admiration over here not just for his performances on the pitch, but also off the bitch. I´ve never seen him acting like he did against Italy...but, you don´t have the chance to put Italy out of World Cup everyday....

As to the players...I don´t think there is any player who could be more than a squad player for LFC, most ot them are not anywhere near LFC strandard. The striker Holosko (Besiktas) is class, but played maybe 15 mins at this tournament caus ehe was injured for almost whole season. Then maybe Hamsik, or the young Stoch or Weiss, but they are still too young to judge.

And watch Kucka the nr.19. He was MoM against Italy and is a real gem. He palys for Sparta Prague and was best player in Czech League, one level above anyone else. He is called " Sparta´s Roy Keane" over there in Prague :eek:

Want Holland to win as I like them as a footballing nation, and they have some superb players.

Also because I'm still bitter about Italy being (wrongly) knocked out. Not saying Slovakia didn't deserve the win on the balance of play, but the referee got two big decisions wrong. Plus, all the playacting they did was well OTT (regardless of who they were playing).

That said, if they did go through it would be a great underdog story, and I'd be pleased for Skrtel, and for Dracco. Plus I think Hamsik is a top class player, so would be nice to see him impress too.

Teams;

Slovakia XI: Mucha, Pekarik, Skrtel, Durica, Zabavnik, Weiss, Kucka, Hamsik, Stoch, Jendrisek, Vittek.

Holland XI: Stekelenburg, Van der Wiel, Heitinga, Mathijsen, Van Bronckhorst, Kuyt, Van Bommel, De Jong, Sneijder, Robben, Van Persie.

I agree on Hamsik - think he will develop into a good play maker in the future. He's still only 22 and still plays for Napoli so I think clubs are keeping a watch on him and letting him develop. I've only seen a couple of Serie A games he's been involved in but he seems to have a good footballing brain and can pick a good pass.

And if anyone played FM 09 he was boss on that.

Teams;

Slovakia XI: Mucha, Pekarik, Skrtel, Durica, Zabavnik, Weiss, Kucka, Hamsik, Stoch, Jendrisek, Vittek.

Holland XI: Stekelenburg, Van der Wiel, Heitinga, Mathijsen, Van Bronckhorst, Kuyt, Van Bommel, De Jong, Sneijder, Robben, Van Persie.

Goal fest!

Teams;

Well, very offensive line up from Slovakia. We played 2 holding CM against Italy in Kucka and Strba. Now Strba is suspended and in comes Weiss who is a winger. We have 3 wingers strting in Stoch,Weiss an Jendrisek which means that Hamsik will probably fall deeper to the midfield.This role suits him not as much as he shown against NZ and Paraguay.

I think against this Dutch side with likes of Van Persie, Robben, Sneijder two holding midfielders is a must. I think starting his son in this one could cost Weiss a result today....

Goal fest!

Here's hoping. Incidentally, I've heard that Kuyt and van Persie aren't exactly best mates, over something that the latter said to a Dutch newspaper, and I noticed that Dirk wasn't exactly quick to celebrate with the Arsenal player when he scored the other day.

Any of it true? Or does Dirk just deem (correctly) van Persie to be an utter shithouse?

Hello.

The game strats in 4 hours and still no thread, as I see there is not many people who give Slovakia any chances. And being true so do I.

Yeah, I'll be watching it on the Tele

HAHAHAHA Reading someone complain about OTT playacting against Italy is far far beyond hilarious. Well done, Woo.

Here's hoping. Incidentally, I've heard that Kuyt and van Persie aren't exactly best mates, over something that the latter said to a Dutch newspaper, and I noticed that Dirk wasn't exactly quick to celebrate with the Arsenal player when he scored the other day.

Any of it true? Or does Dirk just deem (correctly) van Persie to be an utter shithouse?

Maybe Van Persie upset Kuyt by pointing out that he's responsible for breaking down all the best moves the Dutch team string together? Just as he does at Liverpool.