You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'm going to have to ask for ID...

Red Phoenix

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Sherry, you can't post in here, you don't look a day over 17 or something.

Sadly i have to spread the rep, but i love you forever now if that counts?

I've just turned 18 and I got served without ID 3 weeks ago in Tesco.

You don't even look 15, have you been in there every day showing ID so they didn't bother asking again?

But Sainsburys are okay with it?

Not only are they okay with it, they fully embrace it. And by it I mean my wang. And by embrace I mean embrace. With their mouths.

Theres probably a meat and two veg pun in here somewhere, but I cant be arsed to find it.

Sadly i have to spread the rep, but i love you forever now if that counts?

You don't even look 15, have you been in there every day showing ID so they didn't bother asking again?

Nope, it was the first time I went in their to buy beer. Ive got served in a pub a couple of times before buts that down to me being a regular on a Friday night.

The missus and I got ID'd for buying non-alcoholic beer last year. She's 32, I'm 30. I had no id, and they wouldn't accept her ID because she didn't have a photocard with her driving license. The reason being that her license was issued in the mid 90's before photocard licenses existed. That still wasn't enough though.

The older woman eh. Nice one.

When I was about 14-15 I used to carry my brother's motorbike helmet all the way down to the pub (on foot) and put it next to me on the bar to imply I was 18. Fuck knows what I was thinking. Pretty sure you don't have to be 18 to carry a helmet. Not sure that would count as official ID nowadays, anyway.

When I was about 14-15 I used to carry my brother's motorbike helmet all the way down to the pub (on foot) and put it next to me on the bar to imply I was 18. Fuck knows what I was thinking. Pretty sure you don't have to be 18 to carry a helmet. Not sure that would count as official ID nowadays, anyway.

Ha ha- I remember one of my mate's had an idea when we were only about 16 or so to go into a pub wearing one of those big 18th birthday sashes and a big fuck off badge as well.

Not sure whether it would have worked or not, but I'm made up he didn't do it because he would have looked like a bad meff.

I was in LA last January and went to a bar in Long Beach called The Yard House, where their policy was, that if you didn't look at least 41 you had to produce ID.

Cue lots of 35-40 year old women slashing their wrists because they got in without being hassled.

The Yard House though? Did they also have a 3-foot minimum height door policy too?

I used to work in Tesco and not once did I ID anyone the whole time I worked there (18 long fucking weeks.) I hated the whole experience of it, there were some people I worked with used to love being in the position to refuse a person service and would ask almost anyone for ID. If I saw someone coming up to my till and they looked underage I would just duck down and start tidying until they went away.

I did once serve a couple of girls in school uniform (a big no no in Tesco), they caught me off guard and I had to serve them. My manager gave me a bollocking but I just said they were in my year at school (I attended uni at this point, but this didn't seem to register with the daft bint)

I'm 23 but look about 15, so the amount of hassle I get, although not as bad as it used to be, probably lends to me not liking the whole situation.

EDIT: The till at Tesco brings up all sorts of daft prompts when things are scanned. For instance plastic forks and knives bring up a prompt of "Is this person 18?", pretty sure there is one for liquers too.

Edited by NIred1

People who I know that want to get smokes carry car keys in with them to get served. Did it work by the way?

I was asked last September when I was buying a crate in Sainbury's. Luckily I had my license on me, but I made a point of looking at the woman like she was simple. And then I was asked the week after my 23rd birthday when having a pint at the game in London. I understand the need to be careful, but what happened to fucking common sense. Anyone who knows me, will tell you that I definitely look my 24 years.

And at this time I am in America where every fucking place wants ID, bad ballache. They aren't too keen on UK driving licenses and insist I use my passport to go and get pissed. If I lose that it is a long wait at the Embassy whilst they replace the two visas I am on, and the company aren't going to pay me whilst that is happening.

I think the beard is the solution though, that and the way you approach the till. My current approach is flawless in the UK, I approach the till and hit them with the first blow. Something along the lines of 'some whoppa asked me for ID last week, can you believe that?'

I can't even believe I have to go through all this shit.

A pub in Lincoln was asking everyone who went in if they had ID last weekend as they'd just been given a hefty fine for under-age drinking and it was the first time I'd been asked for years, probably since I was 18 before I had a beard and when I had hair. Now I just look old.