You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Benayoun agrees Chelsea switch

kopite1989

the yanks don't have anything to do with teh day to day running of the club though...

not being funny but it's v.interesting that without a manager in place we can sell players

G&H will make all the decisions, we are being bled dry, and there's not a damn thing anybody can do about it. Administration can't come soon enough for me.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And so it begins.....I cant see this summer becoming anything more than us selling anyone/everyone other clubs decide to bid for we wont see a penny back in the kitty the pair of yank twats will take it all.All our big players reported to be on there way(although i think Gerrard,Torres will stay 1 more year)and were being linked with free transfers and second rate players now were supposed to be saving some were in the region of 9m in wages what about yossi's replacement? Joe Cole? or would the yanks/purslow consider that to big a signing for us!

Most clubs when they sack thier manager, promote the assistant manager to the post untill a replacement can be found.

How conveiniant that they didnt put sammy in this roll,now they can sell who they want without a manager to complain or protest.

Im not really in favour of hodgen,but at least if he was here they couldnt undermine him by selling of his players.

The sooner we get someone in the better.

Calm down. It's not Reina, Gerrard, Torres, Masch, Johnson or Agger.

Benayoun is in the same bracket as Babel, Riera, Skrtel etc. He's not a great loss.

Agree. Good player, but he was getting on, can be replaced and clearly badly wanted to leave. The question is whether we get to spend that money. People are assuming the worst of the Yanks but that's based on what happened with some of the Alonso money. I'll reserve judgement.

Sad to see Yossi go if I am honest - decent player when he was on song. Maybe I am being stupid here but I do seriously think we will have around £20 - 30m to spend on new players (not counting players sales which maybe 60-70% will be made available to the new manager).

The reason behind this is because at the end of the day the owners want to sell asap and they need to make Liverpool F.C as appealing to the new owner(s) as possible to get as close as the £800m asking price (which is fucking wishful thinking if you ask me) as they can. If they start selling our star players such as Masc, Torres, Stevie etc etc then the value of our assets decrease thus making the selling price seem even more unrealisitic.

If they have a braincell between them they will keep hold of our star players and replace the players they sell and strengthen further our current playing staff. If not and they continue to sell and not replace then we are screwed and will end up going under.

Who, that's part of the club, is qualified to make these decisions in the absence of a manager, i.e what players come and go?

The primary reason for buying/selling players should be whether or not they are beneficial to the squad and, as far as I can see it, that's for a manager to decide.

Very worrying that he's been sold outside of this consideration and seems to further suggest that our primary consideration in the transfer window this summer is going to be cost cutting rather than maintaining or improving the squad. Not that I really expected much else.

Guest TK-421
Agree. Good player, but he was getting on, can be replaced and clearly badly wanted to leave. The question is whether we get to spend that money. People are assuming the worst of the Yanks but that's based on what happened with some of the Alonso money. I'll reserve judgement.

Reserve judgment until when? I can not understand this attitude for one second. We are getting fucked over badly, it is happening right now and it will not stop until there is nothing left. Why can't people see that?

Guest Pistonbroke

It was known that Rafa was looking at offloading Benayoun before he left. Benayoun probably thought the club weren't doing enough to keep him and wanted out. Hardly a case for all the hysteria about asset stripping.

Reserve judgment until when? I can not understand this attitude for one second. We are getting fucked over badly, it is happening right now and it will not stop until there is nothing left. Why can't people see that?

Exactly. Whether a player who's sold at this stage is a good or bad player is quite peripheral. That the decision to sell players is being taken at all without reference to a manager is a very bad omen.

It seems such a simple concept doesn't it.

Sad to see Yossi go if I am honest - decent player when he was on song. Maybe I am being stupid here but I do seriously think we will have around £20 - 30m to spend on new players (not counting players sales which maybe 60-70% will be made available to the new manager).

The reason behind this is because at the end of the day the owners want to sell asap and they need to make Liverpool F.C as appealing to the new owner(s) as possible to get as close as the £800m asking price (which is fucking wishful thinking if you ask me) as they can. If they start selling our star players such as Masc, Torres, Stevie etc etc then the value of our assets decrease thus making the selling price seem even more unrealisitic.

If they have a braincell between them they will keep hold of our star players and replace the players they sell and strengthen further our current playing staff. If not and they continue to sell and not replace then we are screwed and will end up going under.

Or maybe, they're asset stripping to reduce the debt, so they can significantly lower the asking price of the club and still make a decent profit.

Rafa wanted him out. He said he wanted to go to Chelsea last month and to paraphrase "it was down to Liverpool" So if he's made his own decision, the chamipons of England are after him and he's 30, I think we'd all leave. He's hardly been first choice here and can be easily replaced. Whether he will be is another question for another thread. To say this is asset stripping is laughable and frankly just scaremongering.

I doubt G&H even know who Yossi is.

I see nothing wrong with this, a wasteful player who had 6 good months out of 3 years. When we start selling the likes of Reina and Torres against their will, then I'll worry, thanks.

It is becoming hard to avoid the conclusion that the reason we are manager-less is to allow sales to go through unquestioned. Otherwise surely ther would be a transfer moratorium to give the new manager the final say as to who to keep and who to sell. If Woy or O'Neill were truly in the frame, there's nothing to stop us appointing them now.

The real question is who is driving this given it is not for footballing reasons. And i don't think it's the two cowboys as suggested above - I honestly think it is Purslow and Broughton working on behalf of the banks. They are interested in getting the debt down above all else - do that, they minimise their risk and if they have to put us into administration they are less exposed. I honestly think Hicks and Gillett couldn't care less about the amount of debt - they'd be more than happy just to pile more and more on the club. This is about the bank's agenda, and I think it's being driven by the end goal of administration if owners can't be found (which they seemingly can't, even at a reduced price)

[Just my reading of the situation before the usual few jump on me demanding "evidence" and "names of sources"]

It was known that Rafa was looking at offloading Benayoun before he left. Benayoun probably thought the club weren't doing enough to keep him and wanted out. Hardly a case for all the hysteria about asset stripping.

Benitez is gone and it's still his fault? What happened to get over it... If the article is correct Benayoun gets a better salary. He had one last deal left, gets to play in the CL, moves back to London, a very simple career choice. More players will be looking at the same scenario this summer.