You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cameron: "Cuts will change our way of life"

Section_31

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Nice strawman there. Where did anyone say that? It's 10 years down the line. Nice use of the words 'proposed'. Tell a lie enough and those who don't know better will believe it thats right isn't it? 

You wrote "Imagine being a student and being told that tuition fees will be scrapped so voting off the back of it".

Being. Present tense. A. Student.

Unless you're talking about all those 12 year olds who voted Lib Dem so they wouldn't have to pay fees when they went to university at 18.

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

You wrote "Imagine being a student and being told that tuition fees will be scrapped so voting off the back of it".

Being. Present tense. A. Student.

Unless you're talking about all those 12 year olds who voted Lib Dem so they wouldn't have to pay fees when they went to university at 18.

Pretty sure a lot of parents would have looked at their child and thought "that will do them good" 

Answer me this. Did the Lib Dems props to abolish tuition fees in their manifesto then fail to deliver? Simple question. 

Answer me this. Did the Lib Dems props to abolish tuition fees in their manifesto then fail to deliver? Simple question. 

Yes, the proposal was to abolish them in six years. I did just say that.

Regrettably we did not win the election, so could not deliver. 

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Yes, the proposal was to abolish them in six years. I did just say that.

Regrettably we did not win the election, so could not deliver. 

You entered into a coalition with the Tory government. Part of the Lib Dem manifesto going into that coalition was to abolish student fees. They didn't deliver. They lied. They duped the public. No amount of snidey shit-bagging from you will change that. Your lot cosied up to the tories and no decent human will ever trust them ever again. Pointless party followed and represented by cunts. Slightly less cunts that Tories but cunts all the same. 

(I am aware that Labour has its fair share of cunts) 

Personally, I think that it’s fine, in full knowledge you’re not going to win an election, to make pledges you know you won’t have to deliver and then prop up a government arguing against it and vote against your own pledged promise. 

Then, despite being Deputy Prime Minister, shirk all responsibility. It’s the mature thing to do. 

• Upvote 1

You entered into a coalition with the Tory government. part of the Lib den manifesto going into that coalition was to abolish student fees. They didn't deliver. They lied. They duped the public. No amount of snidey shit-bagging from you will change that. 

Do you want to explain how we could have delivered every single policy in our manifesto without winning the election?

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

Do you want to explain how we could have delivered every single policy in our manifesto without winning the election?

You know full well the coalition came with conditions and one condition that was announced was the student fees. 

• The Lib Dems made no attempt to stand by their two key economic election pledges – no deficit reduction this year and opposition to a VAT increase – in the coalition negotiations. A Clegg aide told Wilson: "The thing that changed minds was George Osborne saying that he had seen the figures and it was quite horrific in real life as opposed to spin life."

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You know full well the coalition came with conditions and one condition that was announced was the student fees.

The coalition agreement said nothing about abolishing tuition fees.

I just want you to admit that if we had managed to somehow get fees abolished, then other stuff would have not been delivered instead, and you'd be criticising us for those instead.

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I got to 5, By then I'd seen 3 lies and gave up. 

You just can't help yourselves. Sad lying party for sad lying bastards. Have a nice afternoon 'puny' *sniggers* >insert emoticon of a yellow ball bouncing up and down pulling its tongue< 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

I got to 5, By then I'd seen 3 lies and gave up.

Of course you did. Even though every policy on there has the exact portion of the manifesto from which it comes.

Criticise the Lib Dems for the policies they prioritised, but don't pretend they didn't get a whole bunch of policies through.

First one was ‘scrapped ID card programme’ and ‘didn’t renew Trident yet’. Yep, well in Lib Dems. Then was ‘agreed to a Vickers report recommendation of separating retail and investment banking’. Then it was something about flexible working, which I closed immediately because I can’t be arsed writing about zero hours contracts for hours. 

giphy.gif

Just now, Numero said:

First one was ‘scrapped ID card programme’ and ‘didn’t renew Trident yet’. Yep, well in Lib Dems. Then was ‘agreed to a Vickers report recommendation of separating retail and investment banking’. Then it was something about flexible working, which I closed immediately because I can’t be arsed writing about zero hours contracts for hours. 

giphy.gif

Good, because I'm sick of hearing nonsense about how zero hours contracts didn't exist until the coalition.

Of course you did. Even though every policy on there has the exact portion of the manifesto from which it comes.

Criticise the Lib Dems for the policies they prioritised, but don't pretend they didn't get a whole bunch of policies through.

Yep I stopped because I don't like being lied to. Like I previously said. 

Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, Numero said:

giphy.gif

Fortunately, the Lib Dems were well rewarded at the 2015 General Election for all the good they did.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Good, because I'm sick of hearing nonsense about how zero hours contracts didn't exist until the coalition.

Yes, I’ll make sure I stop saying that. Wait... 

I just clicked on it again. It started bragging about ending child poverty by 2020. Then I read the IFS report. Then I shook my head. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Then lets have some facts

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/apr/15/how-much-of-the-liberal-democrats-2010-election-manifesto-was-implemented

Hell of a lot of "not met" in there and very few "met". 

From your own source:

"Many of the party’s high-profile pledges – such as scrapping tuition fees and opposing nuclear power – have been ditched but perhaps more have been adopted than might have been expected for the smaller party in a coalition"

Glad we can agree that the Lib Dems punching above their weight is a fact...