You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cameron: "Cuts will change our way of life"

Section_31

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

They've got a new supporter anyway 

"Lets forget things from 10 years ago" 

Jesus wept. 

First things first I am not a suportter of the Lib Dem's. Nearly was in 1997.

Poor fucking students being lied to eh? If they are still crying about being lied to about tuition fees 10 years on, then they need to get a grip.

3 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

First things first I am not a suportter of the Lib Dem's. Nearly was in 1997.

Poor fucking students being lied to eh? If they are still crying about being lied to about tuition fees 10 years on, then they need to get a grip.

Whats the second thing? 

7 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

How is that me saying that is how it should have been paid for?

You do realise that what happened was you said something which could be interpreted in different ways, so I asked you a question about it, don’t you?

If you meant it in a different way to how I interpreted it, then sound.

Feel free to explain what you actually

meant.

9 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

That comes across as a bit cuntish, to be honest.

What’s wrong with you?

1 hour ago, Brownie said:

You do realise that what happened was you said something which could be interpreted in different ways, so I asked you a question about it, don’t you?

If you meant it in a different way to how I interpreted it, then sound.

Feel free to explain what you actually

meant.

It doesn’t read any other way than it should have been expected that the Tories spending would bring about Austerity 2.0.

4 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Nothing. People still going on about tuition fees need to stop moaning.

No thanks. I still believe the country is best served by not forcing young people to start their lives in 10s of thousands of debt. I still believe getting votes by pledging to scrap tuition fees and then voting for massive rises in tuition fees is a bad thing, no matter what the repayment schedule is. So stopping going on about tuition fees isn’t going to stop any time soon. While the coalition is gone their legacy is still being felt, and with brexit it’ll still be felt for decades yet. 

16 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Nothing. People still going on about tuition fees need to stop moaning.

A complete lack of empathy is never a good thing.

I’m approaching 40 and have only just paid off my student loan (which was nothing compared to what it costs now).

It impacts peoples lives for a very long time.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

I don't half admire your on-going battle with the truth Strontz. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2010/nov/12/lib-dems-tuition-fees-clegg

Um, no. The Lib Dem manifesto proposed to phase fees out over six years, so any current student voting in 2010 who thought their fees would be scrapped outright was sincerely mistaken.

1 minute ago, Brownie said:

A complete lack of empathy is never a good thing.

I’m approaching 40 and have only just paid off my student loan (which was nothing compared to what it costs now).

It impacts peoples lives for a very long time.

I was wondering how the hell you managed that when I've got 7/8 years left! Somehow I forgot I have loans from my PostGrad on top of that. 

The debt I accrued in 5 years of loans amounted to about £23k. If I was starting now, that wouldn't cover two years. Qualifying as an architect now comes with a £70k pricetag (and that excludes the third round of studies, professional exams, etc). 

We can discuss the structure of how that's paid back, how it's effectively a "tax" and the impact that has but that's an eye-watering amount of money that you know you'll be taking on.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Um, no. The Lib Dem manifesto proposed to phase fees out over six years, so any current student voting in 2010 who thought their fees would be scrapped outright was sincerely mistaken.

Or mislead. Either way.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Nice strawman there. Where did anyone say that? It's 10 years down the line. Nice use of the words 'proposed'. Tell a lie enough and those who don't know better will believe it thats right isn't it?