You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

anyone else think he is vastly overrated and not get the fuss about him?

sure he is a decent defender, but nowhere near this Franco Baresi like world class player people say he would've been had he stayed fit and no way should he start for England over Carra or go to a world cup when he can barely even train (surely that sort of treatment should be reserved for the likes of Stevie and Rooney) and i dont think he should even be in the Tottenham starting line up when Woodgate is fit.

On top of all that he seems a bit of a cunt as well, just needed something to talk about other than our depressing club

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on how well he has played this season when fit he should 100% be starting over Carra. Don't let Liverpool bias get the better of you. I still don't quite understand why Capello took Carra if I'm honest. He had a really bad season broken up by a few fair-decent performances.

Although I do agree that the English press rates him a little too highly. But that's the English press and a Black, southern English footballer.

Yeah but the situation with Black players isnt the same as it was when Digger was breaking through.

Guest Pistonbroke

Capello is a good manager, i'll trust his judgement as far as Kings inclusion goes. No doubting the lad is very talented, just got to hope his fitness holds out.

No, he is a top class defender. He was never rated when young and has earnt his reputation by taking his opportunities and performing well, especially for England for whom he is invariably impeccable.

Except in his last game when I thought he was shite personally.

Guest TK-421

It goes with the territory playing for Spurs. Anyone half decent is the best player ever their position (e.g Berbatov).

Based on how well he has played this season when fit he should 100% be starting over Carra. Don't let Liverpool bias get the better of you. I still don't quite understand why Capello took Carra if I'm honest. He had a really bad season broken up by a few fair-decent performances.

Carra was a bit iffy in the first half of the season but ended it as good as ever. Cant see how you can base a defence on a guy who is guaranteed not to be available for all the important games at the end of the competition. A bit of consistency is a must in central defence.

I think King was taken to step in for Rio if he had to miss a game; can't be first choice

I think if it wasn't for injuries, King and Woodgate would be the best paring in England. King's knee is meant to be pretty much bone on bone or something crazy like that. No cartilage whatsoever. To still perform at the level he has with knees like that show how talented he is.

Twice the player Ferdinand is tbh.

No!! Crazy post! He's brilliant! Top class defender. Agree with the point about Woodgate as well, he's another top top top player who would have been one of the best in his position if it wasnt for his injuries.

Behave. Have you ever watched him play?

No!! Crazy post! He's brilliant! Top class defender. Agree with the point about Woodgate as well, he's another top top top player who would have been one of the best in his position if it wasnt for his injuries.

I have.

He's a crap pro, who's a cripple yet he's appluaded for basically doing fuck all in the week and then playing a match all the while picking up thousands of pounds.

If he played for someone other than Spurs the media (london based) wouldnt give a shit about him.

I have.

He's a crap pro, who's a cripple yet he's appluaded for basically doing fuck all in the week and then playing a match all the while picking up thousands of pounds.

If he played for someone other than Spurs the media (london based) wouldnt give a shit about him.

Ha, you really dont rate him then??!

Im really that influenced by what the media say, you can find anything to fit your own agenda. But I think he's pretty awesome to be honest.

fair enough i've just never seen this brilliance in him a lot of others do, but judging by this thread i'd say its 50/50 amongst us lot

I think Woodgate is brilliant, a fit Woodgate would be brilliant at the World Cup and would've started ahead of Ferdinand anyway if it was up to me, i wish we had signed him on loan at the time he went to Boro, purely hypothetical given we have no gaffer and every penny must be spent on players we can rely on to play but if we could get Woodgate for a cut price say £3.5million due to his injuries i would snap their hands off in the hope we could get him fit

At his best he's looked very good to me, but he's so seldom been at his best - and fit - it's hard to judge him. He's certainly been over-hyped this season just for playing - Hansen played through the pain barrier, whilst only training very lightly, for years because of his bad knees, yet King is depicted as some kind of medical marvel.