You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

That old chestnut ....

Rafa_The_Gaffa

MANCHESTER CITY'S £60M RAID FOR TORRES

MANCHESTER CITY’S hopes of landing Fernando Torres in a stunning £60m deal have been boosted after being told the striker is now open to a Liverpool exit.

The Eastlands club have drawn up a sensational £150m shopping list, which is headed by the Spain striker.

Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas, Barcelona striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Hamburg defender Jerome Boateng have also been earmarked as summer signings, with the mega-rich club looking to cement their status as a big player in Europe.

However, it is the capture of Torres that has been made the club's No.1 priority by Arab owner Sheikh Mansour.

And Starsport understands that City's quest to lure the prolific marksman from Anfield will gather pace after intermediaries informed Eastlands officials that the striker would now be open to a move.

Torres had previously been unshakable in his commitment to the Merseysiders, but the superstar has now grown tired of the club's struggles on and off the pitch.

With Liverpool set to miss out on the Champions League next season and the future of boss Rafa Benitez unclear, Torres is now questioning his long-term future at Anfield, while the club's own transfer plans were thrown into doubt last week after owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett put the club up for sale.

City want to pounce on that uncertainty by launching a money-spinning £60m move for their long-term target, though any move to Eastlands is likely to rest on whether Roberto Mancini's side can secure a top-four spot this season.

But the club are intent on backing the Italian and have already put aside a whopping £50m to lure Fabregas from the Emirates, although, if the Spaniard was to leave north London, a move to Barcelona seems more likely.

Nou Camp striker Ibrahimovic, who worked with Mancini at Inter Milan, also features on City's star-studded summer shopping list, while Hamburg defender Boateng is set to arrive in the summer.

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: Football :: Manchester City's £60m raid for Torres

Guest PurpleNose
MANCHESTER CITY'S £60M RAID FOR TORRES

MANCHESTER CITY’S hopes of landing Fernando Torres in a stunning £60m deal have been boosted after being told the striker is now open to a Liverpool exit.

The Eastlands club have drawn up a sensational £150m shopping list, which is headed by the Spain striker.

Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas, Barcelona striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Hamburg defender Jerome Boateng have also been earmarked as summer signings, with the mega-rich club looking to cement their status as a big player in Europe.

However, it is the capture of Torres that has been made the club's No.1 priority by Arab owner Sheikh Mansour.

And Starsport understands that City's quest to lure the prolific marksman from Anfield will gather pace after intermediaries informed Eastlands officials that the striker would now be open to a move.

Torres had previously been unshakable in his commitment to the Merseysiders, but the superstar has now grown tired of the club's struggles on and off the pitch.

With Liverpool set to miss out on the Champions League next season and the future of boss Rafa Benitez unclear, Torres is now questioning his long-term future at Anfield, while the club's own transfer plans were thrown into doubt last week after owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett put the club up for sale.

City want to pounce on that uncertainty by launching a money-spinning £60m move for their long-term target, though any move to Eastlands is likely to rest on whether Roberto Mancini's side can secure a top-four spot this season.

But the club are intent on backing the Italian and have already put aside a whopping £50m to lure Fabregas from the Emirates, although, if the Spaniard was to leave north London, a move to Barcelona seems more likely.

Nou Camp striker Ibrahimovic, who worked with Mancini at Inter Milan, also features on City's star-studded summer shopping list, while Hamburg defender Boateng is set to arrive in the summer.

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: Football :: Manchester City's £60m raid for Torres

Someone should really take them up on this shite. By who? You fucking cunt.

No quotes, and entirely based on two premises:

1. City have lots and lots and lots of money. We don't.

2. We've had a crap season, they've had a better one.

Added points 1 and 2 together and made something. It's not journalism.

No quotes, and entirely based on two premises:

1. City have lots and lots and lots of money. We don't.

2. We've had a crap season, they've had a better one.

Added points 1 and 2 together and made something. It's not journalism.

Unless it's about Rafa being a tosser, in which case it can be taken at face value.

Mancini has been on SSN apparantly, saying how Citeh are interested in Torres. I thought you weren't supposed to say things like that?

What's the worst that'll happen? They'll get a fine? I honestly had nothing but admiration for City, the enemy of my enemy being my friend and all that, but I've a bad feeling that all of this money is going to corrupt them. Most of their management infrastructure - yes Cook I'm looking at you - seem to be Kenyonesque in their slimeyness, and their pursuit of dominance at any price seems to be right out of his former club's operating manual. You can see it with their fans too. All the bellends turning up to the games with teatowels on their heads, commenting on forums about "Whoze starz we gonna sign next, lolzzzz". I accept that there's bad bells everywhere - even following my own club - but it'll be a growing number as they buy and gazump their way to success and only more will follow which is a shame for a club I used to have a lot of time for. I guess this has got more to do with my general disappointment in the way football in the 21st century is going.

Its laughable,as ever on Bluemoon.

I think you're right mate, I was posting on the torres thread in the transfer forum and I was thinking that if Liverpool or City don't get into the Champions League might we have a chance of signing him anyway... Where else would he go, Arsenal and the rags can't afford him, Chelsea might be an option but the kind of money Liverpool want for him might even push Abramovich. Unless Torres is so desperate for Champions League he is prepared to leave England to pursue it I think we might still have a chance.

We were able to get tevez, adebayor and barry without any european football. If we bid the kind of money that has been mentioned Liverpool will accept the offer, which means we will get to negotiate with Torres and his representatives. If our negotiators are as good as they should be they point out the ambition of the club (i hate the term but, ''the project''), the finances at our disposal and the fact that if we get Torres on board some of the other biggest names in football will be interested as they'll want to play along side him.

As well as the CL Torres will want to win the Premier League, if City can prove to him that we are serious about that in the short term while the overall goal is to get in and challenge for the Champions League then maybe he'll be tempted. Without a doubt, Champions League football to offer him next season would strengthen our bargaining position thou

Bluemoon • View topic - Mancini: Torres in demand from men

Its laughable,as ever on Bluemoon.

I think you're right mate, I was posting on the torres thread in the transfer forum and I was thinking that if Liverpool or City don't get into the Champions League might we have a chance of signing him anyway... Where else would he go, Arsenal and the rags can't afford him, Chelsea might be an option but the kind of money Liverpool want for him might even push Abramovich. Unless Torres is so desperate for Champions League he is prepared to leave England to pursue it I think we might still have a chance.

We were able to get tevez, adebayor and barry without any european football. If we bid the kind of money that has been mentioned Liverpool will accept the offer, which means we will get to negotiate with Torres and his representatives. If our negotiators are as good as they should be they point out the ambition of the club (i hate the term but, ''the project''), the finances at our disposal and the fact that if we get Torres on board some of the other biggest names in football will be interested as they'll want to play along side him.

As well as the CL Torres will want to win the Premier League, if City can prove to him that we are serious about that in the short term while the overall goal is to get in and challenge for the Champions League then maybe he'll be tempted. Without a doubt, Champions League football to offer him next season would strengthen our bargaining position thou

Bluemoon • View topic - Mancini: Torres in demand from men

Agent: We want £100k a week

Negotiators: Have £180k a week

Agent: Deal

Negotiators: Pats himself on the back after another great job.

Guest TK-421
Ah well, good job he's a fucking cunt regardless.

Is there any need? We all know you think he's a cunt. Why type it every day, perpetually on each thread?

This isn't even about Rafa, it's about Torres.