You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa railroaded

stringvest

Just heard a BBC radio interview - he was interviewed by Juliette Ferrington who persistently tried to put words like 'regrettable' and 'big mistakes' in his mouth, though he did admit to making mistakes this year. He also said that we need new players in in the summer.

Hold the press!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard it on the way home in the car and thought the interview was pretty fair myself. She seemed to be surprised in how candid Rafa was being regarding each question and she kept pressing.

I'll have another listen later but I didn't think it was too bad.

I'm surprised at how open he was in the interview. Glad he also mentioned that there are people out there who no matter what he gets right have an agenda.. He didn't mention any names but apprently off the record he said Tom R and Hermes.. :whistle:

Guest ShoePiss
Well said Rafa. Pulls the rug right out from under the feet of the Rafa-can-do-no-wrong brigade.

Where is this brigade? I've never seen anyone on here say or infer that Rafa can do no wrong.

I saw his pre-Benfica press conference on SSN and I have to be honest, I felt a little sorry for him. He looked a little broken.

Suddenly realised, he's been involved in a few wars in his time with us, some of his making, and after Sunday, the BBC interview and what I saw on SSN wonder if he's ready to exit stage left. Whether it is or it isn't I feel for Rafa the bloke. I'm pretty sure this is not what he had in mind.

Was looking for photos of her magnificent breasts but only found this Twitter feed thing. More investigation required...

Rafa won the melwood grand national sweepstake a few years ago and bought a coffee machine for the training ground.

about 4 hours ago via web

sun is shining over anfield with oceanic blasting from the speakers insanity! love it. take me into insanity...oooh baby dream tripping x

rafa was feisty and funny earlier and he's admitted to making mistakes.

rafa says "we have to stick together and be ready for europa league tomorrow night."

about 5 hours ago via web

rafa benitez says torres is fine, insua injured but suspended anyway and agrees with torres about needing new players and new investment!

he says "just want to win tomorrow and not look back."

just spoken to dirk kuyt who says liverpool have a good chance of reaching semi-finals of europan league tomorrow night!

@nadderley man, that means roque santa cruz :)

about 10 hours ago via web in reply to nadderley

@faith93vr2 yep, just don't get down the wembley of the north very often these days.

about 10 hours ago via web in reply to faith93vr2

over on the wirral to see ian rush and get a tip for the grand national. then rafa at lunchtime ahead of benfica.

about 10 hours ago via web

as he walks with matchball wow wow wow wow x stunning!

about 21 hours ago via web

is there anything he can't do? it just gets better and better. he's been immense!

can any team beat lionel messi on this form?x he's insane.

about 22 hours ago via web

Was looking for photos of her magnificent breasts but only found this Twitter feed thing. More investigation required...

Rafa won the melwood grand national sweepstake a few years ago and bought a coffee machine for the training ground.

sun is shining over anfield with oceanic blasting from the speakers insanity! love it. take me into insanity...oooh baby dream tripping x

rafa was feisty and funny earlier and he's admitted to making mistakes.

rafa says "we have to stick together and be ready for europa league tomorrow night."

rafa benitez says torres is fine, insua injured but suspended anyway and agrees with torres about needing new players and new investment!

he says "just want to win tomorrow and not look back."

just spoken to dirk kuyt who says liverpool have a good chance of reaching semi-finals of europan league tomorrow night!

@nadderley man, that means roque santa cruz :)

about 10 hours ago via web in reply to nadderley

@faith93vr2 yep, just don't get down the wembley of the north very often these days.

about 10 hours ago via web in reply to faith93vr2

over on the wirral to see ian rush and get a tip for the grand national. then rafa at lunchtime ahead of benfica.

about 10 hours ago via web

as he walks with matchball wow wow wow wow x stunning!

is there anything he can't do? it just gets better and better. he's been immense!

can any team beat lionel messi on this form?x he's insane.

about 22 hours ago via web

What does this post mean?