You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Next Liverpool Manager

StevieH

Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?

Guest PurpleNose
Sorry, but compared to the usual standard of guest on the BBC panel he was an insightful genius. I know that's not saying much, but I thought he did make good points and I think his intellect is obvious. Hard to judge anyone when they have Shearer butting in over them with completely asinine comments.

I don't get the love-in for Pellegrini. He had an Ecuadorian title, and I believe two Argentinian titles. With Villareal (47% win %), 7th place and a decent showing in Champs Lge. And then with Real, having Ronaldo, Kaka, Benzema, Higuain, Alonso, et al, went out of Champs Lge early and lost out on the title to Barca.

I'm completely underwhelmed, and I reckon that for some reason people think the foreign, exotic element is somehow always mysteriously better than what's closer to home, without much evidence. In context, his record actually seems relatively similar to Hodgson's. Villareal played quite a defensive game too, so I doubt he'll any more attacking than Hodgson.

2nd also.

They really didn't.

I respect Roy Hodgson, but I cannot support his appointment if Pellegrini is also on the shortlist. It would be the final and irrefutable piece of evidence that the club have no intention of - and indeed do not want to, as their departures will cover an interest payment or two - hanging on to players like Gerrard and Torres and simply want someone to keep it in the top flight while they cruise along doing their malign thing.

Guest the boy

There should be no question over getting Pellegrini in over Hodgson. Sven, too, at Sampdoria, Lazio and even City demonstrated he's not the hapless buffoon the press painted him as. I can't shake the feeling that Hodgson would be a suicide move meant to placate the xenophobic, 'British is Best' amongst our support, regardless of the manager's record at anything close to a sizeable club.

On SSN this mornig they had that smug twat McCarthy on and he said very matter of fact that Hodgson will be in charge by July 1st and that Masch is definitely leaving for Inter for £25m. I'd love to know exactly how he is privvy to such information.

On SSN this mornig they had that smug twat McCarthy on and he said very matter of fact that Hodgson will be in charge by July 1st and that Masch is definitely leaving for Inter for £25m. I'd love to know exactly how he is privvy to such information.

Yeah I saw that too. If they are in talks with Roy's people, then why are they meeting with Pellegrini this late in the day. The papers' arguments just don't add up.

This makes no sense (which is par of the course for our board).

Roy Hodgson has been first choice since Rafa left over two weeks ago but we have not met with him, nor his agent (we don't actually have to meet with Roy), but we have met with Pelligrini! Yet the Press insist it is Roy.

The Majority of fans do not want Roy, the majority of fans would like Pelligrini, so basically the board who is hated by the fans, have a get out of jail card, and they can't even be bothered using it! That is it in a nutshell, if they appoint Roy any slither of respect they had for the fans has been spat out, stamped on and wiped away!

It has to be Pelligrini! It has to him now. (I don't mean him per se, just him as an example of the clubs ambition)

Hodgson will not become Liverpool manager I`m sure of it, with Rafa gone it seems we are heading in the direction of the Liverpool way and not communicating every bit of business through the press.

The press dont have a fuckin clue but they are desperate to run stories about it, the first name to spring to their mind is Hodgson and thats why we keep getting all these stories about him.

At least thats the impression I get of the situation.

Hodgson will not become Liverpool manager I`m sure of it, with Rafa gone it seems we are heading in the direction of the Liverpool way and not communicating every bit of business through the press.

The press dont have a fuckin clue but they are desperate to run stories about it, the first name to spring to their mind is Hodgson and thats why we keep getting all these stories about him.

At least thats the impression I get of the situation.

You're a funny guy, Code.

I think people are getting a bit nervous over a Daily Mail article. From what I can see, they have cobbled together information from various sources and come up with their own conclusion.

How do they know we are 'closing in' on Hodgson? Impossible to know unless they are either 1. Intercepting Faxes 2. Purslow is feeding them 3. they are Telepathic.

i agree with Code 72's post.

Maybe there's two reasons why hodgson is in SA. Firstly to be a commentator and secondly so he can speak to gerrard and torres to convince them to stay at liverpool and telling him his idea of how he wants the club to move forward. Hope i'm wrong of course...