You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Although I tend to agree Torres may give it one more season, Im not blind to the fact he could very well go in the summer either.

If the quality of players he expects the club to sign dont appear, there's going to be no challenge for the title next season. He wont need to see how next season shapes up to see this. It'll be obvious towards the end of the window.

If Torres does leave in the summer window, I expect it will be towards the end when its clear we wont be bringing in any quality players.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where could Torres go that would be a real step up?

Real Madrid - No chance given his love for Atletico

Barca - Yes

Inter - Yes

Milan - Possibly

Juventus - No better than us at the moment unless they spend big money

Chelsea, Arsenal, City or United - Can't see him ever playing for another English club. He's a loyal player and has always seemed very honest and down to earth so I think we can rule these out along with Madrid.

The only team he could possibly leave and be almost guaranteed to win something would be Barca. You never know with the Italian clubs.

I think we'll get at least one more season from him, but he'd be crazy not to be thinking about his options for 2011 onwards.

Fernando Torres Specials Club After Summer Transfer Window Betting Odds

Manchester City 11/4

Chelsea 5/1

Barcelona 8/1

Real Madrid 10/1

Juventus 16/1

Inter Milan 20/1

AC Milan 25/1

Manchester City 11/4

Chelsea 5/1

Barcelona 8/1

Real Madrid 10/1

Juventus 16/1

Inter Milan 20/1

AC Milan 25/1

Given he's expressed a wish to play in Italy, if anyone thinks he'll be gone then those odds are very attracive. Bet on all 3 and you'd be quids in.

i honestly think its time to sell him. he is no doubt one of the top 5 strikers in all of world football. WHEN HE PLAYS

i'm not going to call him a sicknote, but his last 3 seasons have been very very worrying for me. we are so reliant on him and his goals that i think its causing more problems than anything else.

we'd need another striker of his quality to plug the gap when he inevitably gets injured every season. but we'd also need that striker to be able to play in a 2 man forward line when he's healthy. those players cost 30 million pounds or so.

i think we can get 2 strikers and 2 wide players for the money torres would bring in, plus we'd be able to add some more squad depth with the money from selling babel, riera etc.

i can't fathom us without torres but if my head ruled my heart, i'd say if he had a very good world cup that it would be the right time, even if it was to city.

even if we get new owners, we'll never have the kind of money we need to reshape the squad unless we sold someone like torres.

Sellng Torres for Villa, Silva and Dzeko would not be a terrible deal. £80m plus should be accepted regardless of who the buyer is.

It's more than likely we would do what the Mancs did though with the Ronaldo money if the yanks are still here

The Real Madrid fans have treated Torres like shit, even in our last game against RM they were giving him constant abuse. He would be out of his mind to go there, especially given his Atletico connections.

And I would personally kick his ass if he decided to go to a jumped-up little club like Man fucking Shitty, or any other English club for that matter.

And no Italian club could afford him, this isn't the 90's, Italian clubs are broke these days.

Barca would be the best choice for all concerned. They have the money to buy him and Torres would probably love to play in that team. Barca would sweep all before them with Torres in that side.

I'd take £80M from Barca but whether they'd pay that amount for a player with his injury record, I don't know.

I believe that that once the schekel becomes the currency of Birkenhead and my huge, blood seeping, haemerrhoid infested rectum becomes president of Cuntswigdom, the steam of Eric Hall's grey piss will announce that Fernando Torres is to join Bangor City in a deal believed to be in the region of a slight sight of Bing Crosby's preserved and blessed Jesuit penis.

Or not.

• 2 years later...

Someone just started working with our team used to sell advertising for Talkshite. Just been chatting with her about some of the presenters. Brazil had a reputation for putting Strongbow in his tea during the morning show. He's still a tool, like, but hats off. Taht's some fucking dedication to the cause.

Come up with a provocative proposition, get punters to ring in, drag it out for most of the day, then start with a new proposition the following morning. Intersperse with a few 'star interviews' (from yesteryear), but talk over the top of them and discuss your own careers instead and you can't go wrong.

Great business model, seems to work.

Someone just started working with our team used to sell advertising for Talkshite. Just been chatting with her about some of the presenters. Brazil had a reputation for putting Strongbow in his tea during the morning show. He's still a tool, like, but hats off. Taht's some fucking dedication to the cause.

Just needs to find his other 4 a day.