You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

However, footballers are dickheads too. Just because player x has said he won't go to club y doesn't mean they won't. We have seen time and time again, they reject the rumours and end up holding the scarf in the next day or two.

I'd be genuinely shocked if Torres went to City. If he was after money, he wouldn't have joined us for less than he could have got elsewhere and less than he was on at Atletico at the time.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be genuinely shocked if Torres went to City. If he was after money, he wouldn't have joined us for less than he could have got elsewhere and less than he was on at Atletico at the time.

Doesn't have to be for money though. Say City get Mourinho in the summer and 3 or 4 top class players.

Torres is 26 now, nearing his peak but haven't won ANYTHING, at club level, yet.

If we continue to slide, on and off the pitch, he "may" think about it and who can blame him?

I don't think he will go to City either but as I said, I won't bet on it!

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Doesn't have to be for money though. Say City get Mourinho in the summer and 3 or 4 top class players.

Torres is 26 now, nearing his peak but haven't won ANYTHING, at club level, yet.

If we continue to slide, on and off the pitch, he "may" think about it and who can blame him?

I don't think he will go to City either but as I said, I won't bet on it!

But he has already spoken about these things being hollow. If this rumour was about Barcelona or AC Milan, I might raise an eyebrow.

That twat Tony Gayle was on Sky saying the EXACT (t.m. Redshadow) same thing. Gerrard will be going abroad if we don't finish 4th, and City are the favourites to sign Torres. Without any reason, or evidence. And these fuckers get paid for it.

It's gonna be a long summer.

brazil's a drunken cunt who uses a scatter gun approach. Put so many possibilities out there and the odd one or two will come up. I mean even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Im certain he was pushing this rumour of Torres being off at the end of last season when Chelsea were rumoured to be making a bid. Said it was nailed on Torres would leave IIRC.

I do think there's a strong possibility Torres may now leave seeing as our season has been shit. If he has a good world cup I can see some major bids coming in for him. People are being like sheep if they think Torres wont consider these options.

Yes, we know he's not driven by money, yes we know he loves it in Liverpool but the boy wants to win trophies. He doesnt want to be playing in a side that's going to struggle to finish 3rd never mind 4th.

Wise up, there's a very real danger the boy will leave.

I might be naive but I think Torres will stay for another season at least if we finish outside the top 4. He's a winner and he seems the kind of guy who'd feel he's failed if he leaves Liverpool trophyless. Given the number of games he's missed through injury I also think he'd feel he owes the club something. Like I say, maybe I'm naive but it's just my opinion.

Wouldn't be so surprised to see Gerrard go abroad though, especially given his performances for us recently. What won't be happening is Torres to Citeh. This isn't Championship fucking Manager, Brazil, you fat cock.

Rumour of Gerrard leaving the family home and summer move to Madrid is gathering pace - as rumours generally do.

I suspect if torres, mash and pepe were asked they would definately want rafa to stay because he has improved them, but if gerrard and carra were asked they'd say they want rid (even though rafa has improved them as well).

So if Rafa was to go to Madrid, Gerrard probably wouldn't?

I haven't listened to the station for years, but I do remember Brazil and Parry announcing - seemingly every few weeks - that Martin O'Neill to Liverpool was a 'done deal'. This went on for more than a year! Brazil will probably expire in a ditch fairly soon.

Brazil will probably expire in a ditch fairly soon.

In a pile of his own vomit no doubt. That will be quite an amusing day. With any luck Ronnie Irani, the Bolton born and bred manure supporting scum will follow him shortly afterwards.

I might be naive but I think Torres will stay for another season at least if we finish outside the top 4. He's a winner and he seems the kind of guy who'd feel he's failed if he leaves Liverpool trophyless. Given the number of games he's missed through injury I also think he'd feel he owes the club something. Like I say, maybe I'm naive but it's just my opinion.

Wouldn't be so surprised to see Gerrard go abroad though, especially given his performances for us recently. What won't be happening is Torres to Citeh. This isn't Championship fucking Manager, Brazil, you fat cock.

I agreed with that line until Torres said we needed to sign 4 or 5 world class players.

OK, even if we signed 2 world class players, how much are we talking, 20m, 25m each? That's 40m at least to buy just 2 world class player yet he's said we need 4 or 5.

Sometimes players can set the land for their leaving in advance. I think Torres with his 4 or 5 WC players may have done that and said to Liverpool, buy them or Im off.

Money isnt his driver, its trophies. Without unprecedented transfers we wont even challenge for never mind win the trophies Torres craves and, I can see it happening.

Alan brazil,was he abused as a kid at celtic boys,a friend of mine in work always said this is true, and said that its in his book(whatever that is) i was always to lazy or didnt give a fuck about him to find out so can anyone confirm this.

Alan brazil,was he abused as a kid at celtic boys,a friend of mine in work always said this is true, and said that its in his book(whatever that is) i was always to lazy or didnt give a fuck about him to find out so can anyone confirm this.

Yes he was. Abuse was rife and the upper echelons of the club knew and turned a blind eye.

Do you think Purslow has had private conversations with Torres, Gerrard, Carragher, Mascherano and Reina in regards to sounding out if Rafa is still the right man for the job?

For the 1st time in Rafa's time here - the views of the core players could probably make or break him

Mascherano hails Benitez

Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano has offered an additional indication of his happiness at Anfield after heaping praise on manager Rafa Benitez. The Argentina captain is close to signing a new contract and said on Thursday that he hopes to agree a deal in the 'next few weeks'. Mascherano was strongly linked with Barcelona last summer, but has told Liverpool that he wants to stay and it would appear that Benitez is a major factor in that decision.

Albert Riera has been highly critical of the Spaniard's managerial style, but Mascherano believes his boss has made him 'a better player and a better person'. "All managers have different ways of working," said the 25-year-old, who was rescued from the fringes of a struggling West Ham squad in January 2007 by Benitez.

"Rafa is totally different from (Argentina coach) Diego Maradona and the other managers I've had. "For three and a half years I've been working with Rafa and I can now say I'm a better player and a better person from when I arrived here. That's down to Rafa and his staff."

After a below-par start to the season when is was suggested Mascherano's head had been turned by the Barcelona speculation, the defensive midfielder has become one of Liverpool's most reliable performers in a difficult campaign.

He believes the team have to win their remaining seven matches, starting with a home game against Sunderland on Sunday, to secure fourth place in the Premier League and the resulting UEFA Champions League football next season. "I think we will have to win all our games. We have seven finals and we have to win all of them to have hope of finishing fourth," said Mascherano.

"If we can win 21 points, maybe we will be there. If not, it will be very difficult."

Liverpool have won only four times in the Premier League on their travels this season and Mascherano is aware that statistic needs to be addressed.

"I think the problem for us this season has been the away form," he said. "Obviously we have to keep going in the same way at home, but if we want to have hopes of finishing fourth, we have to improve away."

Sky Sports | Football News | Premier League | Liverpool | Mascherano hails Benitez

The pissed up jock shitsack has revealed exclusively on his egotistically self titled breakfast radio show that he "has been told" Torres to City has already been agreed. He also wouldn't be surprised to see Gerrard at Real Madrid this season as, in the words of the great bald, redfaced, alcoholic, convicted drink-driver himself, "Xabi Alonso is there." Must be true then.

The guy is a knob, the amount of "sources" he has that are wrong is laughable, the guy means his pissed up mates down the pub told him. That station is a tabloid media circus, have they got anything right ever? I could go on all day about the things Brazil has said but havent.

Torres will stay another year regardless of what the end of this season brings I think, but unless we at least equal last season in the league (2nd) and better the european attempt, then i'd expect him to leave and wouldn't blame him for it.