You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alternate Shirt

chorlton

I keep thinking about the scarf thing.

United's has got their cause a lot of publicity but they are still putting money in the Glazers pocket.

How difficult would it be to get an alternate shirt done?

Surely the SOS have the resources to do that, plus with the amount of fans with design abilities you could design something people would want.

Hell get it produced by one of those dodgy shirt sites and your away. Who cares if they get the money as long as it's not going to Hicks and Gillette.

Just a thought.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep thinking about the scarf thing.

United's has got their cause a lot of publicity but they are still putting money in the Glazers pocket.

How difficult would it be to get an alternate shirt done?

Surely the SOS have the resources to do that, plus with the amount of fans with design abilities you could design something people would want.

Hell get it produced by one of those dodgy shirt sites and your away. Who cares if they get the money as long as it's not going to Hicks and Gillette.

Just a thought.

Another good idea, it will take something like this as people will buy one when they see others with them.

We should do something that really makes it stand out as a protest. A black shirt with a Liverbird, although it's a good idea, won't be enough. What about bandanas? They're easy to get hold of and they would have a great visual impact. The colours doesn't have to be like in the picture I posted.

bandana-400.jpg

i'd say it has a liverbird on the chest, that's not copywrite. And something where the makers badge should be. I cobbled this together as an example

shanks_fist.jpg

but really all it needs to be is something that looks good and that liverpool fans will wear. It doesn't matter if it stands out in the stands or not really, the point is it would simply be money out of their pockets. I remember some of the designs from other forums by fans that popped up when we were going back to adidas that looked better than the kits we got. Why not have 5 lines on the sleeves, whatever.

Ensure any profits go to the HJC as well.

I think some people pointed this out in another thread about ideas, black won't stand out. Green and yellow are very bright colours, and stand out from the typical dark clothing of most football fans and red you would see in old trafford.

Black will not work. Whatever is printed on it.

Anything to the left, and including yellow and blue-violet would stand out.

colorwheel1.jpg

Green and yellow together or seperate I don't think will work because it will just be blatantly copying the mancs. Blue and white I have suggested before, would be brilliant. Blue and white were our original colours so has significance, blue is the opposite to red, and white stands out as you can see on matchdays in peoples scarves and banners.

lfcz.png

The colour doesn't really matter. We can go with RED as it's meant to impact on the wallets not stand out in the stands as such, if it actually happened then that's where any publicity would come in.

I have to say thats quite obviously wrong. The mancs' publicity isnt focused on how much their scarf sales have gone down, its focused on how many people are wearing green and gold.

The colour doesn't really matter. We can go with RED as it's meant to impact on the wallets not stand out in the stands as such, if it actually happened then that's where any publicity would come in.

Yeah, red would be sound. How many times do the cameras pan on the crowd during the match? It'd be pretty obvious from that that the fans are wearing different shirts from the players and that would help spread awareness as to why.

Sorry, mate, but that's a negging in my book.

Ill take that, but at the end of the day, like I said before. Utd aren't getting publicity about their scarf sales going down, theyre getting it focused on how many people are wearing the different colours. Red shirts will not get anywhere near as many peoples attention as blue would.

Guest ShoePiss

Good idea this, keep the shirt price as close to cost as possible though.

SOS have the money and exposure to lead something like this, as has been mentioned earlier any small profit raised going to HJC is the key. This way the twats that shoot everything down if it isn't their idea will be in a difficult position.

Not blue and white, that's just not going to work. All Black with a large white liverbird or white shirts with a large black liverbird.

Guest ShoePiss

I've just remembered SOS already have shirts for sale, how much is going into the SOS bank I don't know.

Also, considering the apparent negativity towards them the shirt shouldn't actually be an SOS shirt, they can just be the vehicle to get it out there.

Guest davelfc

I like the idea of getting the dodgy websites to supply the shirts. Enough orders and we could get an almost exact copy of the new red shirt but with maybe the Liverbird and a flame instead of the busy badge we have now. Then maybe 'SOS' or some other words instead of 'Standard Chartered'

It would really piss off the sponsors, show how much we want the owners out and mean people could still wear a shirt.

I really think this would be very popular especially if it was the same design as the new shirt. People are desperately looking for an alternative and a way to show support against the owners.

Some kid made a couple of fucking neat ones that he posted to the rawk art thread a while back, and I remember feeling sad looking at one because I knew I'd never get to wear it. Will have a look then post if it's still there.

edit : found it -

adidasred0910.jpg

edit 2 : Sorry, that was my fave, just found his post too. Turns out he nicked them from somewhere else aswell - Art Vandelay's Photoshop Thread.. and other wizards too!